What's new

Danish Tourist Gang-Raped in New Delhi

I am frightened to hear about alarming rate of rapes; however i am concerned whether or not this rape-fever will reach to Pakistan, If there is poverty, there is always chaos on the card. Since, India has enough billion dollars, and better start providing certain benefits and jobs. There is always someone on the street, jobless and disturbed due to tensions, and no job mean no wife either. People have needs, and like i said, if there is poverty, there is chaos. Indian government better use billion dollars for the benefits that jobless can claim for free for a while until they get jobs. Time to implement the benefits. What is the point of billion dollars if not utilized for the public's interest? Gradually, the crimes will go down.

I agree maybe I am still damaged from the experience in India a little,
You should try to avoid coming to India in future. Tell all your family members, friends and relatives to stay away from India and Indians. It is a miracle that you came to our country and got back without getting assaulted. We are like this. Of course you are not generalizing but what can I say - we still treat women as slaves. Civilization is yet to reach here. If any of you wish to get some adventurous old world experience you can visit - but then it's best only the male members come. Even then do carry heavy weapons - you never know when an Indian sneaks up on your back(literally).

In any case you have joined the millions of scarred travelers to India who have been 'damaged' after facing sexual violence in India. Unfortunately no doctor has been able to find a solution to this trauma. I am afraid you may have to carry it all your life. Use the rest of it to educate the world about the 'real' India and its predators(men).

New Delhi again...not surprised....

I swear... Delhi and U.P must be purged some way

I am afraid that Indian men are making ALL us South Asian men look very bad.

Before calling Pakistan a failed state, maybe Indians should look at themselves and see what is wrong with them.

Well not in Delhi. However if you do go into some remote pockets of central and north western India you will come across isolated villages where feudalistic behavior still run riot. The sex ratio in these parts have declined in the favor of men over the last few centuries due to rampant female foeticide and the remaining women are treated like clan chattel. While education and law and order can cure those evils, incidents happening in Delhi cannot.

One of the reasons why I respect middle eastern countries is because the penalties they impose on rape. Dismemberment of the penis or public lynching.

Time for us to stop being "Gandhian" and start looking for an "eye for an eye" approach when in comes down to rape or child abuse.

Enough is enough.

Perhaps the small lightweight gun for women is the best solution. If anything, as long as there is a chance for a rapist that he may be shot and killed.. one or two out of a gang.. then they will hesitate and think twice.

Perhaps the small lightweight gun for women is the best solution. If anything, as long as there is a chance for a rapist that he may be shot and killed.. one or two out of a gang.. then they will hesitate and think twice.

There is a chance that nervous woman would shoot and kill innocent men.

Arming civilians is not the answer. Better morals and law enforcement is.

I am frightened to hear about alarming rate of rapes; however i am concerned whether or not this rape-fever will reach to Pakistan, If there is poverty, there is always chaos on the card. Since, India has enough billion dollars, and better start providing certain benefits and jobs. There is always someone on the street, jobless and disturbed due to tensions, and no job mean no wife either. People have needs, and like i said, if there is poverty, there is chaos. Indian government better use billion dollars for the benefits that jobless can claim for free for a while until they get jobs. Time to implement the benefits. What is the point of billion dollars if not utilized for the public's interest? Gradually, the crimes will go down.

Kya bakwaas hai.

This is exactly the kind of of feudalistic mindset we are trying to get rid off in India. Malik Sahaab kal agar ek jobless unmarried banda aapka sister key saath kuch bura karta hai to kya aap uksa jobless ya unmarried honey par ilzaam lageyenge ????

We need to understand one thing .. Rape is not a social evil curable by giving folks employment. Period

Its is perpetrated by individuals with a perverted sense of ownership and with a feudalistic mindset of a bygone era
Joblessness or being unmarried does not cause rape .. hell following that train of logic half the unmarried folks on PDF would go like .. wow i'm unmarried lets rape someone ...

Ridiculous...

A few days ago .I saw a debate in malayalam channel ,subject is atrocities against women .When some one in audience
raise rape issue.
A lady in debate ,she was educated in London pointed it is not problem that only confined in India.She experienced it in London.when she is n bus or tram in london ,a white British guy sit next to her and start to touch her,sexual talk and harrassed her.But when a british middle aged saw this she help and protect her.This is an endemic problem ,the matter is it projected more India into this.At a certain extent racism and our Medias over sensationalism.

I also saw a debate on TV in which almost all women in the audience were going ballistic on the subject of sexual molestation in India, then a male member asked the women to raise their hands if any of them underwent a penetrative sexual abuse and none of them did.

In a city like Delhi where firearms are more ubiquitous, I don't know, especially when Armed robberies have increased 92%. Overall crime in Delhi is increasing.

I would concentrate more on lackadaisical attitude towards enforcement and the sluggish judiciary that has an apalling conviction rate when it comes to this.

I am not opposed to firearms given to Women on the basis of self defence btw, it's just we have to stop and think what proliferation of firearms will do in a society like India.

I also saw a debate on TV in which almost all women in the audience were going ballistic on the subject of sexual molestation in India, then a male member asked the women to raise their hands if any of them underwent a penetrative sexual abuse and none of them did.

That's a bit disingenuous isn't it. Rape happens everywhere. In Western countries the statisitics are still shocking and the conviction rates are still low.

Tat being said, in India you have additional pressures put on rape victims due to cultural reasons that makes it harder for the victim to get justice.

Then you have a slow moving justice system and an apathetic, or antagonistic law enforcement officers.

In a city like Delhi where firearms are more ubiquitous, I don't know, especially when Armed robberies have increased 92%. Overall crime in Delhi is increasing.

I would concentrate more on lackadaisical attitude towards enforcement and the sluggish judiciary that has an apalling conviction rate when it comes to this.

I am not opposed to firearms given to Women on the basis of self defence btw, it's just we have to stop and think what proliferation of firearms will do in a society like India.

It is the Delhi cops that are lacking. Raped at a railway station and robbed? Why are cops not working at such a crowded place? And on top of that some really horny bastards out there raping even a 51 year old women to even 3 year old kids. Prostitution must be legalised in this part of the country so that these thirsty nutjobs dont tarnish our country's image

then a male member asked the women to raise their hands if any of them underwent a penetrative sexual abuse and none of them did.

What did you expect? The woman who dared to raise the hand will be seen in the whole nation and the chance to be labeled as a whore, easy woman, etc. by the respective community/ neighborhood, family is extremely high in India. We have read many interviews from Indian press where the interviewee even blamed the victim for not staying home and be a nice and obedient daughter/ wife.

What did you expect? The woman who dared to raise the hand will be seen in the whole nation and the chance to be labeled as a whore, easy woman, etc. by the respective community/ neighborhood, family is extremely high in India. We have read many interviews from Indian press where the interviewee even blamed the victim for not staying home and be a nice and obedient daughter/ wife.

this happens more in your country

Chinese mother sent to a labour camp for complaining of daughter's rape 'utterly broken by the system' - Telegraph

Back
Top Bottom