Daniel Pearl film to open in Pakistan

Neo

RETIRED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Daniel Pearl film to open in Pakistan
Thursday, December 7, 2006
CBC Arts

A film based on the murder of American journalist Daniel Pearl premieres this week at a film festival in the Pakistani city where he was abducted nearly five years ago.

Infinite Justice, by British-Pakistani director Jamil Dehlavi, is the centrepiece of the sixth annual KaraFilm Festival, which begins Thursday in the southern port city of Karachi.

"This is the first time a film on Pearl will be screened in Pakistan," festival organizer Hasan Zaidi said.

The film — starring Kevin Collins as an American reporter named Arnold Silverman — fictionalizes the story of Pearl, a Jewish-American who was kidnapped and beheaded in Karachi in January 2002 while researching a story about Islamic militants for the Wall Street Journal.

While they held him hostage, Pearl's abductors made several demands of the U.S. government, including the release of Pakistani terror detainees. In the film, Raza Jaffery plays a terrorism mastermind who kidnaps the Pearl-based character in order to secure the release of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay.

A British-born Islamic militant, Ahmed Saeed Omar Sheikh, was convicted and sentenced to death for Pearl's murder. Three men accused of being co-conspirators were given life imprisonment.

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/2006/12/07/daniel-pearl-film.html?ref=rss

Hey guys, I'm confused! :confused:

How many pictures on Daniel Pearl are being made?

I thought Pitt and Jolie were starring in the movie. :read:

Well it looks like there are at least two :partay:

Wonder if the endings are different?

I remember once watching a (Bollywood) movie about the villain of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre. According to the film, Dyer was hanged,and blown up in a enormous explosion with the hero using his body to jump of a clock tower. (Dyer died in the UK of poor health)...........:rofl:

I believe the film was called the legend of Baghat Singh.

Well it looks like there are at least two :partay:
So you figuered that out aswell? Lol...:lol: ;)

Wonder if the endings are different?
The one shot in Pakistan would prolly have the Pakistani version, more factual details and less drama.
I expect the one starring Jolie and Pitt to be full of propaganda.
There's a reason it's not being shot in Pakistan. ;)

I remember once watching a (Bollywood) movie about the villain of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre. According to the film, Dyer was hanged,and blown up in a enormous explosion with the hero using his body to jump of a clock tower. (Dyer died in the UK of poor health)...........:rofl:

I believe the film was called the legend of Baghat Singh.
Lol...but I'll refrain of further comments. :P

Kara festival always select good stuff lets see if it is based on facts and different from fictaion like one with Jolie and pitt

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom