What's new

Dalai Lama says Tibet does not want separation from China

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Dalai Lama says Tibet does not want separation from China

Tibet does not want separation from China, Nobel laureate and Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama said on Saturday.

'We do not want separation from China. It is the hardliners who want separation', Dalai Lama told reporters on the sidelines of a function in Kochi, Kerala, organised by 'The Friends of Tibet'.

The Dalai lama, who arrived in Kochi on Saturday morning, said that the Keralite society had always supported the cause of the Tibet freedom movement. The spiritual leader said his efforts were aimed at promoting human values and bringing in peace.

Describing this century as the century of dialogues, the Dalai Lama called for complete freedom to practise various religions and to bridge the gap between the rich and the poor. "In some places there are restrictions.

That is harmful... Allow complete freedom of various religious practises", the spiritual leader said in his inaugural address at the 33rd World Congress of the International Association for Religious Freedom in Kochi.

"Outwardly they may be atheist, inwardly they are religious," he said adding that in western countries also scientists were now showing interest in spirituality.

"Keep faith in once own religion, but respect all religious tradition," he said. That we can develop and practise, he said. Otherwise in the name of religion, conflicts have taken place in the past and the present. "Some manipulate religious faith. It is very sad," he said.

Dalai Lama says Tibet does not want separation from China | Asian Tribune

is this old? he has said this before
the problem is his idea of autonomy is unacceptable, basically he wants a Taiwan like situation which Beijing simply can not accept

It's time for Dalai to come back to China since he had realized he could claim nothing from India.But he should not or he will be abashed as well as Chinese government.

is this old? he has said this before
the problem is his idea of autonomy is unacceptable, basically he wants a Taiwan like situation which Beijing simply can not accept

I think he is now asking for Tibet to be made into a Special Administrative Region like Hong Kong. I don't think that will happen.

Anyway the Dalai Lama does not officially advocate Tibetan Independence, so I find it strange that some Westerners are pro-Tibetan Independence, when even the Dalai lama does not want that. :azn:

Dalai Lama should seek a new residence in Kerala and Indian citizenship.

I think people need to respect Dalai lama.. Even if he has some misunderstandings with Chinese govt, he has never asked anyone to use violence or suicide bombing for attaining the objective(like many other groups do around the world).. He is a peace loving person and a leader of thousands and thousands people around the world...

I think people need to respect Dalai lama.. Even if he has some misunderstandings with Chinese govt, he has never asked anyone to use violence or suicide bombing for attaining the objective(like many other groups do around the world).. He is a peace loving person and a leader of thousands and thousands people around the world...

I do respect the Dalai lama as a religious leader, and as a person.

Although regarding the violence issue: he was a key player in the 1959 Tibetan uprising, which is why the Chinese government is not so keen on him.

He does seem to have given up armed struggle though, and he does not officially promote Tibetan Independence, so I think he is harmless. Perhaps he can do some public relations damage to China, but the CCP doesn't really care all that much about such things.

I think there are much bigger things to worry about then the Dalai Lama.

Last edited:
He had already openly claim himself as "Son of India", so Indian citizenship will be a minor issue.:azn:

Doesn't he already have Indian citizenship? What citizenship has he been under all these years?

Doesn't he already have Indian citizenship? What citizenship has he been under all these years?

I was told by one of my uncle, a retired reporter from official Chinese media, he hold a diplomatic passport issued by his own so-called exile government of tibet. :tdown:

The Dalai Lama advocates "genuine autonomy" because his idea is to preserve Tibetan culture ,tradition and religious links.....he has never asked for a political settlement to the Tibetan issue and moreover he is a man of peace....he has no problems with Tibet being politically under china.....

The Dalai Lama advocates "genuine autonomy" because his idea is to preserve Tibetan culture ,tradition and religious links.....he has never asked for a political settlement to the Tibetan issue and moreover he is a man of peace....he has no problems with Tibet being politically under china.....

Have you ever met Dalai? His character is like that of a criminal.

Dalai should be indian prime minister. :smokin:

Dalai is a patriot for China with no doubt. Dalai should not come back for most chinese people like you hold prejudice against him as a result of CPC propaganda last for many years.

Last edited:

Yes, I have had the pleasure of being in HH's presence.
Have you? You seem to know him quite well...or perhaps your perception is clouded by what you hear.

He is a mountain of a man, and I don't mean in physical size.

Whatever the past, he is a man who millions respect and NOT fear. See the difference? This is not just because he is the leader of the Tibetans in exile, but because of his character.
It is also due to the nature of what he and Tibetan Buddhism stands for.

If one day you decide to study the teachings, you might be pleasantly surprised...but I doubt you will, because your mind is made up.

Back
Top Bottom