What's new

Dalai Lama: ‘I Am a Son of India’

justanobserver said:
I'll say it again. Indians (today) view China with suspicion because it actively aided (and continues to aid) Pakistan militarily (especially the transfer of Nukes and Ballistic missle tech). 1962 war is just

To add to that many Indians view even America with suspicions due to the very same reasons ie aiding Pakistan militarily

CardSharp said:
so I like to go through the roots of Indian-Chinese enmity which predates the Chinese-Pakistan friendship. Any thoughts on posts 39 and 72?

No clue about the Indian mentality in the 60s. I'm talking of a average middle-class (angry young man type) Indian today. He views China through a Pakistani prism !

Cardsharp i have made myself clear already , and have countered you on every point already . You still choose to stick to your original stand . Lets just leave it there.

You are saying that China's relations with Pakistan is what causes Indians to view China with suspicion?

Contrary to your rigid perception , yes .

Indians who are suspicious about china are so mainly because of its support to Pakistan over India and hardly at all due to 1962.

again , its your call whether to believe it or not.:rolleyes:

Cardsharp i have made myself clear already , and have countered you on every point already . You still choose to stick to your original stand . Lets just leave it there.

Sorry I'm not picking on you but you've done nothing of the sort. What you did was to say "no no we don't think like that" then peevishly say "these people are ignorant let's not talk to them" (irony?) but what I want you to do is dispute the factual claims I made since we can argue about general sentiment all day.

Besides not even all the Indians members here agree that there is no enmity between the two countries.

Nor it seem you can make up your mind about whether enmity exists between China and India.
Contrary to your rigid perception , yes .

Indians who are suspicious about china are so mainly because of its support to Pakistan over India and hardly at all due to 1962.

again , its your call whether to believe it or not.:rolleyes:

Really you need to stop implying that you are the only openminded individual here. It is childish.

Last edited:
I think you're mistaking silence from the "folks in charge" with complicity with the populist journalism that runs rampant in India. I've spent more time on 1962 sino-Indian war than I'd care to admit but one picture that consistently emerges is how traumatic that event was for the Indian psyche and how it will always taint the common Indians feeling about China. No amount of rational thought or evidence is going to make a difference here. They were hurt and their government told them, the reason why they were hurt is China and not their inept policies and lies.

The Indian government was trying to pass the blame temporarily but now I think they've realized it's created a bigger problem down the line, they can ill-afford this hostility against China but neither can they come clean. They have a tiger by the ears.

So here we sit. The average Indian is confused and angry, wants a reckoning , because they believe China has humiliated them out of cruelty. The government is afraid to tell them what really happened, lest that blame be shifted to them, so the Indian education system won't teach the 1962 war, the government doesn't make any public statements about the official history and the Brooks Henderson report stays classified even after 50 years.

Reply to ur article is following link same Indian Jounalism well can't find the proper link as I have read the whole story which was published in magazine but m not able to find the link for the time being
Facts of history

Reply to ur article is following link same Indian Jounalism well can't find the proper link as I have read the whole story which was published in magazine but m not able to find the link for the time being
Facts of history

a quarter of the way through, seems very nicely written and academic in its tone. Will finish and give reply.

@Cardsharp

Let me give your some more examples about the Indian 'view' on China (from pew)

It would seem Indians animosity of China is only matched by the Japanese !

39toY.jpg

However we get completely conflicting views when a different question is asked :azn:

260-5.gif

This is a final warning, no one and I repeat no one should disrespect the Dalai Lama.

He is a religious figure for a large religious community and when you write offensively about him, others might do the same much to your chagrin.

Treat the religious leaders of other religions as you would like your own to be treated.

Thanks for posting the PEW poll, I've seen it before but it did occur to me to post it.

260-5.gif

as for the Olympic thing I can explain I think. The fact that both India and China were developing countries, the fact that the human rights angle wasn't blared all over television for months and months, and the fact that it gives India hopes that if a country like China can hold it maybe one day soon India will be able to host it.

I have already countered you and given my veiwpoint which i have reason to believe is the viewpoint of majority of the indians in post 69 , 70 and 74.

About the indians claiming tibet part, bombemsturm has already posted maps according to which india always considered tibet as a foreign country.
You have instead chosen to ignore almost all of those posts and are carrying on levying allegations .

not a single indian on this thread has countered my opinion , still you believe i dont have idea of what majority in my country believe .

there is nothing more anyone can do. you have already made up your mind .This isnt going anywhere.

Indians should get used to the fact that Chinese nuclear technology will continue to enable Jihad in Kashmir and elsewhere.

Pakistan and China are in this together. The conjoined twins of Asia.

:china::pakistan::cheers:

Thanks for posting the PEW poll, I've seen it before but it did occur to me to post it.

260-5.gif

as for the Olympic thing I can explain I think. The fact that both India and China were developing countries, the fact that the human rights angle wasn't blared all over television for months and months, and the fact that it gives India hopes that if a country like China can hold it maybe one day soon India will be able to host it.

why dont you look at it this way that one developing country wanted another one to succeed ?

It gives hope to other fellow developing countries as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom