What's new

Dalai Lama: ‘I Am a Son of India’

What can I say, some people have a pretty loose grip on reality, but I think the folks in charge now know where they stand. India has a pretty poor track-record against non-subcontinent armies and post independence they thought things were different, they once again fought against a non-subcontinent army with pretty bad results. This should be enough to discourage adventurism.

Times have changed my friend.....after that war indian army incorporated a lot of changes.....both in the n.o. of armed personals and in terms of technology...making it now one of the most formidable army now in the world.

See guys... lets admit it... in today's world a war is the last thing in mind when we talk about India and China.
The DL is viewed as more of a spiritual leader rather than a freedom fighter for the Tibetans. As a religious leader, he commands a certain respect and affection from the Indians and rest of the world. As for the Tibetan cause it will be between him and the CCP leadership, not sure how much the Indian govt will be willing to engage at this point in time... atleast not militarily in my opinion.

See guys... lets admit it... in today's world a war is the last thing in mind when we talk about India and China.
The DL is viewed as more of a spiritual leader rather than a freedom fighter for the Tibetans. As a religious leader, he commands a certain respect and affection from the Indians and rest of the world. As for the Tibetan cause it will be between him and the CCP leadership, not sure how much the Indian govt will be willing to engage at this point in time... atleast not militarily in my opinion.

Heh Dezi always the voice of reason. :tup:

This took 20 years in the making I think only they made limited amount of these set books.

I dont think that 2012 thing is accurate because Lord Kalki is going to be born still long time away right now this is still the start of the Kali-yuga and he will come nr the end time.

The Srimad-Bhagavatam (12.2.19-20) describes Lord Kalki's activities as follows: "Lord Kalki, the Lord of the universe, will mount His swift white horse Devadatta and, sword in hand, travel over the earth exhibiting His eight mystic opulences and eight special qualities of Godhead. Displaying His unequaled effulgence and riding with great speed, He will kill by the millions those thieves who have dared dress as kings."

The Vishnu Purana (Book Four, Chapter 24) continues to explain Lord Kalki's activities: "By His irresistible might he will destroy all the mlecchas and thieves, and all whose minds are devoted to iniquity. He will reestablish righteousness upon earth, and the minds of those who live at the end of the Kali age shall be awakened, and shall be as clear as crystal. The men who are thus changed by virtue of that peculiar time shall be as the seeds of human beings, and shall give birth to a race who will follow the laws of the Krita age [Satya-yuga], the age of purity. As it is said, 'When the sun and moon, and the lunar asterism Tishya, and the planet Jupiter, are in one mansion, the Krita age shall return.'" The Agni Purana (16.10) also relates that Hari, after giving up the form of Kalki, will go to heaven. Then the Krita or Satya-yuga will return as before.

Attributes of Kali Yuga
Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source. But then, they will also love their subjects so much that they will sacrifice their lives for them. This is what kaliyuga says.

The end of Kali Yuga
"When flowers will be begot within flowers, and fruits within fruits, then will the Yuga come to an end. And the clouds will pour rain unseasonably when the end of the Yuga approaches." Then Lord vishnu in the form of infant krishna on a leaf will come to earth and again everything will start producing from the begining.

not to nitpick, but Kalki Avatar and the assorted materiel is only followed by Vaishnavite Hindus and not the other schools of Hindus, like the Shaivites...especially the Advaidins.

just pointing it out as there are quite a few Major Schools of Hindu thought and the Kalki Avatar irrc is only mentioned in the Vaishnavite one

What can I say, some people have a pretty loose grip on reality, but I think the folks in charge now know they stand. India has a pretty poor track-record against non-subcontinent armies and post independence they thought things were different, they once again fought a non-subcontinent army with pretty bad results. This should be enough to discourage adventurism.

Well, i tend to look at this from another perspective.

Why are these common Indians planning to separate Tibet from China and even invade Tibet although their govenment acknowledges China's sovereignity over Tibet? This is problem which has puzzled me for a long time since i found out some Indian's disgusting ambition over Tibet.

In China, if Chinese government recognizes a region as an integral partof others, say Sikkim belongs to India, we never say something like "let us free Sikkim"( except when i was counterattacking some Indian members "free Tibet" slogan), much less something like "let us take Sikkim back". Because we were never taught to do this, or more accurate we were taught not to. When China says something belongs to you, it really belongs to you. We won't secretly tell our children the different story or teach them to take it back in the future.

But it is totally different in India. Indian goverment (folks in charge ), though publicly recognizes Tibet as an integral part of China, but they never give up in telling their citizens that Tibet doesn't belong to China but belongs to India and India shoud take it back.

Last edited:
not to nitpick, but Kalki Avatar and the assorted materiel is only followed by Vaishnavite Hindus and not the other schools of Hindus, like the Shaivites...especially the Advaidins.

just pointing it out as there are quite a few Major Schools of Hindu thought and the Kalki Avatar irrc is only mentioned in the Vaishnavite one

Yep Kalki is a avatar of Vishnu so is linked to the Vaishnav school of Hinduism although both Sikhs and Buddhist texts also mention him.

Tibet was never a part of India , i don't know who you ve heard talking .

I live in India , nobody gives a sh:t about tibet forget about claiming it.

visit India and talk to people , you ll know what i am talking about .

One the benefits of Internet is that people can tell their real thoughts without any embarrassment.

In this case, what Indians say in cyberspace is more credible than what they say in real life.

1.Off topic but on that thread you'll see one guy claiming IQ makes you god and the rest of us Chinese arguing it isn't everything.

2.The 62 war is virtually unknown inside China. I didn't hear about it until I joined this forum.

3.China had been indipendent only for 13 years

4.Undoubtedly

5.I have but I just figured it was a non-event (1 killed 9 wounded ?), and when I tried reading up on it and sourcing it, it all went back to bharat-rakshak. So I gave up

1. I am sorry but i saw you thanking every post where the high IQ reason of the chinese success was being mentioned.

2. Okay

3. I am sorry but who had colonized you for 190 years before that and looted all your wealth ?

4. your words in earlier posts didn't show that you were so clear about it.

5. yes it would be a non-event to you since chinese had to retreat and Indian regained the lost land .

here is a chinese source ChinaCultureMall - Online Shopping - Chinese craftworks

Now please don't deny that the incident ever even took place . You expect Indians to accept the reality of 1962 , you should practice what you preach in case of this 1967 incident.

It was a classic case of Some chinese's arrogance when a chinese soldier bayonetted an Indian soldier after an argument and that led to consequences.

Last edited:
One the benefits of Internet is that people can tell their real thoughts without any embarrassment.

In this case, what Indians say in cyberspace is more credible than what they say in real life.

You can choose to believe whatever you want .

You seem too hell bent on hating . Indians dont even talk about tibet and nobody believes it belongs to India , ilive here i know . You can continue believeing whatever you want . Nobody here gives a damn.

Well, i tend to look at this from another perspective.

Why are these common Indians planning to separate Tibet from China and even invade Tibet although their govenment acknowledges China's sovereignity over Tibet? This is problem which has puzzled me for a long time since i found out some Indian's disgusting ambition over Tibet.

In China, if Chinese government recognizes a region as an integral partof others, say Sikkim belongs to India, we never say something like "let us free Sikkim"( except when i was counterattacking some Indian members "free Tibet" slogan), much less something like "let us take Sikkim back". Because we were never taught to do this, or more accurately we were taught not to. When China says something belongs to you, it really belongs to you. We won't secretly tell our children the different story and teach them to take it back in the future.

But it is totally different in India. Indian government (folks in charge ), though publicly recognizes Tibet as an integral part of China, but she never gives up in telling its citizens that Tibet doesn't belong to China but belongs to India and India shoud take it back.

I think you're mistaking silence from the "folks in charge" with complicity with the populist journalism that runs rampant in India. I've spent more time on 1962 sino-Indian war than I'd care to admit but one picture that consistently emerges is how traumatic that event was for the Indian psyche and how it will always taint the common Indians feeling about China. No amount of rational thought or evidence is going to make a difference here. They were hurt and their government told them, the reason why they were hurt is China and not their inept policies and lies.

The Indian government was trying to pass the blame temporarily but now I think they've realized it's created a bigger problem down the line, they can ill-afford this hostility against China but neither can they come clean. They have a tiger by the ears.

So here we sit. The average Indian is confused and angry, wants a reckoning , because they believe China has humiliated them out of cruelty. The government is afraid to tell them what really happened, lest that blame be shifted to them, so the Indian education system won't teach the 1962 war, the government doesn't make any public statements about the official history and the Brooks Henderson report stays classified even after 50 years.

The Henderson Brooks-Bhagat report, also referred to as the Henderson Brooks report, is the report of an analysis (Operations Review) of the Sino-Indian War of 1962. Its authors are officers of the Indian armed forces. They are Lieutenant-General Henderson Brooks and Brigadier P S Bhagat, commandant of the Indian Military Academy at the time.
The report continues to be classified by the Indian Government, as of October 2006[1]. In April 2010, India's Defence Minister A.K. Antony told Parliament that the report could not be declassified because its contents “are not only extremely sensitive but are of current operational value." [2]
The report is said to be openly critical of the Indian political and military structure of the time, as well as of the execution of operations.

As of Feb 2008, MP Rajeev Chandrasekhar has requested the report to be declassified in the National Security interest, This has been declined by the defense Minster A K Antony.

Last edited:
I think you're mistaking silence from the "folks in charge" with complicity with the populist journalism that runs rampant in India. I've spent more time on 1962 sino-Indian war than I'd care to admit but one picture that consistently emerges is how traumatic that event was for the Indian psyche and how it will always taint the common Indians feeling about China. No amount of rational thought or evidence is going to make a difference here. They were hurt and their government told them, the reason why they were hurt is China and not their inept policies and lies.

The Indian government was trying to pass the blame temporarily but now I think they've realized it's created a bigger problem down the line, they can ill-afford this hostility against China but neither can they come clean. They have a tiger by the years.

So here we sit. The average Indian is confused and angry, wants a reckoning , because they believe China has humiliated them out of cruelty. The government is afraid to tell them what really happened, lest that blame be shifted to them, so the Indian education system won't teach the 1962 war, the government doesn't make any public statements about the official history and the Brooks Henderson report stays classified even after 50 years.

The mistake you are making is judging Indians by the ones you meet on the internet which is a fairly common mistake a lot of people make while interacting with people of different nations on the internet.

Let me make a few facts clear to you , believe me if you want , its your choice ,

1. Most Indians are not aware of the Indo-chinese war.

2. most of the more politically aware ones do believe probably incorrectly that china was the aggressor.

3. Indians , those who have heard about the china war dont care because it happened almost half a century ago and hardly have any feeling of humiliation about something that happened so long ago. You should know average Indian's age is around 25.Most who saw that war have gone.

4. Most Indians do believe that Chins has an upper hand over India economically and militarily but a it will be very difficult for china to repeat a 1962 .

5. Indians compare themselves with china because we wish to emulate their success economically plus we dont have a better example for success because china is the only country similar to India in size and till some time ago was at the same level as India in terms of economy and per capita income but zoomed past ahead recently.

6.There is no hate towards china in India , you must come and see how popular chinese food and jackie chan is in India. the common Indian doesn't hate the chinese at all because unlike other countries in our neighbourhood they haven't resorted to killing our civilians in terror attacks.

7. Indian media is sensationalist , not only about china but about everything. They are hungry for TRP's.Indian people are well aware of this and criticize it as well however this is not the case always.sometimes the media does play up news that needs special attention.

However , the blatant chinese arrogance that is still a poor country and far from being a super-power at display on the internet can change a few minds but i wont make the same mistake as you are making of judging the Chinese people from the ones i meet on the internet .

Last edited:
Thanks for your optimistic take on things and I too think better relations will be very important for the future.

Let me make a few facts clear to you , believe me if you want , its your choice ,

Ok, I am almost always willing to hear people out when they polite and articulate. :)

2. most of the more politically aware ones do believe probably incorrectly that china was the aggressor.

I've said as much

3. Indians , those who have heard about the china war dont care because it happened almost half a century ago and hardly have any feeling of humiliation about something that happened so long ago.

That is dubious. Ask Americans if they care about valley forge or bunkerhill, or ask Indians if they care about the partitioning of India. Time and mental distance are two different things.

4. Most Indians do believe that Chins has an upper hand over India economically and militarily but a it will be very difficult for china to repeat a 1962 .

I never made a claim one way or the other. My comments here were on how India had contemplated invading Tibet themselves and giving bigtree my reasons why currently India isn't contemplating an invasion of Tibet even though he's heard noise coming out of idiots on the internet.

5. Indians compare themselves with china because we wish to emulate their success economically plus we dont have a better example for success because china is the only country similar to India in size and till some time ago was at the same level as India in terms of economy and per capita income but zoomed past ahead recently.

I've heard this given as the reason why Indians and the India medias pays attention to China, but I don't think that is the whole reason. The China threat theory accounts for a lot of the coverage. But it is a nice way to look at it.

6.There is no hate towards china in India , you must come and see how popular chinese food and jackie chan is in India. the common Indian doesn't hate the chinese at all because unlike other countries in our neighbourhood they haven't resorted to killing our civilians in terror attacks.

Hmmmm you should see how popular coca-cola and McDonalds is in China ;)

7. Indian media is sensationalist , not only about china but about everything. They are hungry for TRP's.Indian people are well aware of this and criticize it as well however this is not the case always.sometimes the media does play up news that needs special attention.

I believe the more sensationalist Indian media is still only feeding what is hungry. ie what people want to read and what people want to read gives a pretty good indication of how they see the world.

However , the blatant chinese arrogance that is still a poor country and far from being a super-power at display on the internet can change a few minds but i wont make the same mistake as you are making of judging the Chinese people from the ones i meet on the internet .

Sorry?

You may have gotten the super-power talk from somewhere else on the internet but you'll not get it here from Chinese members or from the Chinese government it itself. China still considers itself (and rightly so) a developing nation. It's goal is to become on par with countries like Germany in development by 2050.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom