What's new

Dalai Lama: ‘I Am a Son of India’

Interesting... please tell us more.

How does she look like? how to identify her?

Kalki (The last Avatar of Lord Vishnu)

2qlwjg5.jpg

He is supposed to be the next Avatar to appear during the end of "Kali Yuga"

Many modern writers have attempted to link figures in comparatively recent history to Kalki.

Shree Veera Brahmendra Maha Swami, writing about 1,000 years ago in "Divya Maha Kala Jnana" (literally: "Divine Knowledge of the Time") claims that Kalki would arrive when the Moon, Sun, Venus and Jupiter have entered the same sign; such occurrences are not rare and the next is expected in the year 2012 or afterwards

Ismaili Khojas, a Shia Muslim group from Gujarat and Sindh and followers of Aga khan, believe in the 10 incarnations of Vishnu. According to their tradition Imam Ali, the son-in-law of prophet Muhamad was Kalki.

Members of the Bahá'í Faith have interpreted the prophecies of Kalki's arrival as being references to the arrival of Bahá'u'lláh

Members of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community believe their founder Mirza Ghulam Ahmad to be the Kalki Avatar.

In 16th century Dasam Granth, Guru Gobind Singh wrote that Kalki is the Vivek Budhi(Intelligent and Spiritual mind) i.e. Gurmat. When the Sins(Manmatt/Manmukhs) emerge only Gurmat acts as Kalki and vanish all Manmatt of world. Guru Gobind Singh where narrated whole Kalki Avtar of Hindu belief in Chobis Avtar, there he ended with this belief that Kalki is none other than Gurmat. Page 1468/Last Line

What is the price?

Any discounts for PDF members?

Yar if I tell you I enquired online you wont believe me but the price of these books I think it was over $2000

The much awaited Encyclopedia of Hinduism is finally out. After the deep research conducted by about 2000 eminent scholars for about 20 years, it came in 6,600 multi-color pages divided into 11 volumes. It is jointly published by India Heritage Research Foundation and Rupa & Co. and is first of its kind on Hinduism.

BTW Lord Kalki is male not female he is mentioned in the Bhavisaya purana

Last edited:
the next is expected in the year 2012
What 2012 references from Hinduism....Now you are scaring me.

Yar if I tell you I enquired online you wont believe me but the price of these books I think it was over $2000

The much awaited Encyclopedia of Hinduism is finally out. After the deep research conducted by about 2000 eminent scholars for about 20 years, it came in 6,600 multi-color pages divided into 11 volumes. It is jointly published by India Heritage Research Foundation and Rupa & Co. and is first of its kind on Hinduism.

BTW Lord Kalki is male not female he is mentioned in the Bhavisaya purana

Where is the cost of hard work of 2000 eminent scholars!
6'600 multi color pages might cost you 2000$ even if only cartoons are printed on them.
Sorry, i'm not very interested anymore.
You scared me too.

What 2012 references from Hinduism....Now you are scaring me.

Where is the cost of hard work of 2000 eminent scholars!
6'600 multi color pages might cost you 2000$ even if only cartoons are printed on them.
Sorry, i'm not very interested anymore.
You scared me too.

This took 20 years in the making I think only they made limited amount of these set books.

I dont think that 2012 thing is accurate because Lord Kalki is going to be born still long time away right now this is still the start of the Kali-yuga and he will come nr the end time.

The Srimad-Bhagavatam (12.2.19-20) describes Lord Kalki's activities as follows: "Lord Kalki, the Lord of the universe, will mount His swift white horse Devadatta and, sword in hand, travel over the earth exhibiting His eight mystic opulences and eight special qualities of Godhead. Displaying His unequaled effulgence and riding with great speed, He will kill by the millions those thieves who have dared dress as kings."

The Vishnu Purana (Book Four, Chapter 24) continues to explain Lord Kalki's activities: "By His irresistible might he will destroy all the mlecchas and thieves, and all whose minds are devoted to iniquity. He will reestablish righteousness upon earth, and the minds of those who live at the end of the Kali age shall be awakened, and shall be as clear as crystal. The men who are thus changed by virtue of that peculiar time shall be as the seeds of human beings, and shall give birth to a race who will follow the laws of the Krita age [Satya-yuga], the age of purity. As it is said, 'When the sun and moon, and the lunar asterism Tishya, and the planet Jupiter, are in one mansion, the Krita age shall return.'" The Agni Purana (16.10) also relates that Hari, after giving up the form of Kalki, will go to heaven. Then the Krita or Satya-yuga will return as before.

Attributes of Kali Yuga
Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source. But then, they will also love their subjects so much that they will sacrifice their lives for them. This is what kaliyuga says.

The end of Kali Yuga
"When flowers will be begot within flowers, and fruits within fruits, then will the Yuga come to an end. And the clouds will pour rain unseasonably when the end of the Yuga approaches." Then Lord vishnu in the form of infant krishna on a leaf will come to earth and again everything will start producing from the begining.

Why is Vishnu depicted as purple-ish in artworks?
Not purplish... but dark blue to be precise.

It is said that whenever there is the union of purity and depth it produces blue colour. For ex, The water of the seas and the sky both are blue and are limitless.

Lord Vishnu, Lord Krishna, Lord Ram are all depicted with a blue skin color for the same reason... Krishna and Ram being avatars of Lord Vishnu.

Vishnu represents that aspect of the divine reality that maintains and sustains the creation. The endless creative force of Brahma gives life to all beings, and Vishnu's infinite sustaining force protects this life.

Just as the feminine Supreme Energy, Vishnu has a "thousands names" which symbolize in fact just as many of his aspects. The daily repetition of Vishnu's thousand names is a living proof of his devotee's faith and ardor.

Vishnu's blue body is often depicted in blue. The color blue symbolizes the infinite. Vishnu is represented as an infinite force. He has no form, no name, and he is incommensurable.

The garland of flowers around Vishnu's neck is a symbol of God's worship. The precious stone decorating his neck indicates that Vishnu fulfills his worshiper's desires and the crown is a symbol of the Divine's power and supreme authority. His two earrings stand for the dual nature of creation.

Vishnu wears yellow clothing. The yellow color is associated with the terrestrial life. The dress of Vishnu, therefore, symbolizes his incarnations as a man, fighting for justice and destruction of the evil.

Vishnu's tenth incarnation, Kalki, is supposed to come about at the end of this age, Kali Yuga. He is said to be the cosmic rider of Apocalypse, who will take on the role of destroyer of what is evil on earth.

Back
Top Bottom