What's new

CX-1 Air, land and Sea lunched Cruise Missile: What will it add to Pakistan armed forces?

Why China need to work on CX-1 while they have better options already inducted i.e. YJ-18 & YJ-12 400Km ( with ARM version too).

What's the difference between the CX-1, YJ-12 and YJ-18? Any significant technical differences? It's believed future Brahmos missiles will have speeds of Mach 7+. Are these Chinese missiles capable of such speeds?

What's the difference between the CX-1, YJ-12 and YJ-18? Any significant technical differences? It's believed future Brahmos missiles will have speeds of Mach 7+. Are these Chinese missiles capable of such speeds?

please google or go through PDF for that info, can't post it because posting from cellphone.

In future both China and India will be fielding new technologies lets wait for those, for now China have better options available to them to counter IN, remember they are working to take on USN in terms of capabilities so IN will be no match for them. New PN subs may have YJ-18 which are seen potent threat by USN.

http://missilethreat.com/chinas-anti-ship-missiles-yj-12-yj-100-revealed/

http://www.deagel.com/Anti-Ship-Missiles/YJ-18_a002884001.aspx

Last edited:
Who is stopping from believing in it right now....oh I got it you want to lend some credibility to your beliefs right :haha:

Imagine if Pakistan,Turkey and China work together to upgrade the CX-1 as a true competitor to the Brahmos in the international market. As countries invest in missile defense systems, a combination of subsonic & hypersonic missiles systems will prove a potent countermeasure against missile defense systems.
it wouldbe a bad idea as all 3 countries would have to approve a sale before a transaction would happen.
also why would there need to be the turks are working on the som which will probably take the asm role too the pakistanis have the zarb and the chinese have a chest of weapons more capable. if your talking about to simply export it which i assume you do i would think turkey would not join due to it being a part of nato and they wont be happy with turkey giving there tech in a joint missile to china even pakistan. so that would be a pakstani and chinese venture which would automatically be a brahmos vs cx-1 and chinawould not even bother as they can simply develop it them selfs.
i cant see many countries buying them really as its an advanced piece of kit there. i i were to throw some countries out there it would be thailand, burma possibly sudan and maybe yeman if there lucky.

it wouldbe a bad idea as all 3 countries would have to approve a sale before a transaction would happen.
also why would there need to be the turks are working on the som which will probably take the asm role too the pakistanis have the zarb and the chinese have a chest of weapons more capable. if your talking about to simply export it which i assume you do i would think turkey would not join due to it being a part of nato and they wont be happy with turkey giving there tech in a joint missile to china even pakistan. so that would be a pakstani and chinese venture which would automatically be a brahmos vs cx-1 and chinawould not even bother as they can simply develop it them selfs.
i cant see many countries buying them really as its an advanced piece of kit there. i i were to throw some countries out there it would be thailand, burma possibly sudan and maybe yeman if there lucky.

Check out what range of YJ100 is mention here, its awesome 800kms. What you think of that weapon? @Penguin

http://missilethreat.com/chinas-anti-ship-missiles-yj-12-yj-100-revealed/

Also remember, the SOM is a subsonic missile. It has its advantages but disadvantages as well. Nothing is known about this Zarb missile that Pakistan tested. In terms of China, you are right that it does have a very extensive number of supersonic missiles. My point was about hypersonic missiles which utterly overwhelm and cripple missile defense systems. You are also right that China can pursue such ventures in its own and that it might not see any value about partnership with others. However, from this perspective, there was no need for China to join JF-17 program as well. The induction of Brahmos requires a similar potent by China. Turkey and Pakistan can only benefit.

Also remember, the SOM is a subsonic missile. It has its advantages but disadvantages as well. Nothing is known about this Zarb missile that Pakistan tested. In terms of China, you are right that it does have a very extensive number of supersonic missiles. My point was about hypersonic missiles which utterly overwhelm and cripple missile defense systems. You are also right that China can pursue such ventures in its own and that it might not see any value about partnership with others. However, from this perspective, there was no need for China to join JF-17 program as well. The induction of Brahmos requires a similar potent by China. Turkey and Pakistan can only benefit.
a missile does not have to be supersonic really, the only advantage i can see is shorter reaction times which is big but when you have advanced radars which candetect such missiles at 250km away you have sufficent time

The CX-1 is there to show that Brahmos is not the only supesonic cruise missile or unique as it was claimed.
Also because the enemy cannot run from a supersonic missile, and similarly he would not realise what just hit him if its a sub-sonic missile.

Imagine if Pakistan,Turkey and China work together to upgrade the CX-1 as a true competitor to the Brahmos in the international market. As countries invest in missile defense systems, a combination of subsonic & hypersonic missiles systems will prove a potent countermeasure against missile defense systems.

A couple of systems exist that fit your description, namely the YJ-18 and YJ-12.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom