What's new

CX-1 Air, land and Sea lunched Cruise Missile: What will it add to Pakistan armed forces?

Thank you for pointing that out but That is again a very basic difference.It determines the nature of shock wave though. I am stunned as to why chinese designers "choose" the kind of profile exactly similar to brahmos. They could have choosen a different intake- afterall the purpose is to compress the air to desired level. I believe there would be some degree of cooperation between russian and chinese labs in this regard.As for the true range of brahmos,it is much higher than 300kms. However it is MTCR "limited" to 300kms. There is some sort of mechanical construct in the engine design that limits the range to the MTCR specifications. Otherwise,with the amount of fuel it carries,it can easily do 500kms.
The answer to this is that there is always an aspect of cost reduction in R&D. If there is a successful design that can be imitated with no real difficulty then why would there be millions spent doing research that is already done. When a solution works, and has been researched and found to be effective, why redo all the research when it is clear that a design works. The issue of copying weapons etc is a childish one, because in war the missile will cause damage, whether it has borrowed elements from others or not.
As to MTCR many systems claim certain ranges, and only in war time will exact ranges be shown.

for the Naval support obviously
A little typo correction ...I meant that won't be any easy task given the size and length of this missile ....as it seems monstrous in the pic ....and JF-17 has already got an anti-ship missile ....

waste of resources of pakistan because we already have the capability in the form of CM-400AKG:hitwall::hitwall::crazy: sir
One never has enough cruise missiles..If the price is good why not, and Pakistan can afford it why not?

The answer to this is that there is always an aspect of cost reduction in R&D. If there is a successful design that can be imitated with no real difficulty then why would there be millions spent doing research that is already done. When a solution works, and has been researched and found to be effective, why redo all the research when it is clear that a design works. The issue of copying weapons etc is a childish one, because in war the missile will cause damage, whether it has borrowed elements from others or not.
As to MTCR many systems claim certain ranges, and only in war time will exact ranges be shown.
It has been my personal observation that missile manufacturers, on purpose misrepresent the actual ranges, in their brochures. Filed trials prove otherwise, nine times out of ten.

zarb missile is also there for coastal defence 400 km range buy its subsonic

A little typo correction ...I meant that won't be any easy task given the size and length of this missile ....as it seems monstrous in the pic ....and JF-17 has already got an anti-ship missile ....

Just another reason we need Planes (Flankers) for More range etc

So India's trumpeted Brahmos won't be unique anymore and Pakistan can have a similar system if they want.

So India's trumpeted Brahmos won't be unique anymore and Pakistan can have a similar system if they want.

Only acquire it with true ToT. 280/300km range is useless in defensive scenario. A family of CMs is emmerging from Pak. Second step must be Land/Air/Sea integration. This aspect is quite lacking IMHO. VLS is not really cutting edge technology. What is holding PNS back is a mystery... but they might have their strategic reasons apart from budget issues. Local content is the key for Pak if she wants to remain a regional power of consequence. IMHO.

This will be great for our Coastal Area Defence Specially Gwadar...

Can we Integrate it in JF-17? Place VLS in F-22 and put these in it also buy Land versions
It will be very heavy and JF-17 won't be able to carry it as Brahmos can't be carried by Indian Su-30 and they needed to strengthened and modified to carry a single Brahmos. I don't know how much Chinese have been able to reduced the weight.

Imagine if Pakistan,Turkey and China work together to upgrade the CX-1 as a true competitor to the Brahmos in the international market. As countries invest in missile defense systems, a combination of subsonic & hypersonic missiles systems will prove a potent countermeasure against missile defense systems.

Imagine if Pakistan,Turkey and China work together to upgrade the CX-1 as a true competitor to the Brahmos in the international market. As countries invest in missile defense systems, a combination of subsonic & hypersonic missiles systems will prove a potent countermeasure against missile defense systems.

Why China need to work on CX-1 while they have better options already inducted i.e. YJ-18 & YJ-12 400Km ( with ARM version too).

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom