What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

They really need to reduce the size of that island. It looks identical to that of the Kuznetzov/Liaoning, which is even larger than the 002 Island.

Probably the J-15T ...

J-15T is a tech demonstrator.

J-15T is a tech demonstrator.

Indeed ... I think the T-model was only a demonstrator prototype to explore the changes on system and structure for the alter J-15A or B.

Indeed ... I think the T-model was only a demonstrator prototype to explore the changes on system and structure for the alter J-15A or B.

You'll know by the end of 2019.

An interesting article is posted by 席亚洲, but deleted soon.
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/tzwsexNdxkN1Y32xjk7hiA
070812i3pzw9jp3wpwrma3.jpg

Many important informations are confirmed:
1. The steel plates of Type 003 had been cut.
2. Type 003 is builded in a shipyard of southern China.
3. EMALS, conventional power, bigger, and so on.

Last edited:
An interesting article is posted by 席亚洲, but deleted soon.
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/tzwsexNdxkN1Y32xjk7hiA
View attachment 474336

Many important informations are confirmed:
1. The steel plates of Type 003 had been cut.
2. Type 003 is builded in a shipyard of southern China.
3. ...

When they referred to Southern China, it is a relative reference, Shanghai is also considered in Southern China as compared to Dalian in Northen China. So JNCX is a very likely place where the second domestic aircraft carrier will be built.

With luck, I think 003 will launch in 2019, and delivered by 2021. I think by 2025 it will reach full operational capability thanks to experiences operating 001 and 002. They will probably construct two ships of this type. By 2030, I expect China to have 5 carriers in service.

With luck, I think 003 will launch in 2019, and delivered by 2021. I think by 2025 it will reach full operational capability thanks to experiences operating 001 and 002. They will probably construct two ships of this type. By 2030, I expect China to have 5 carriers in service.

Come on, that's ridiculous. at best it is highly unrealistic??

We haven't seen anything of the 003 carrier yet and alone given the construction time for the 002 after we saw first segments from March 2015 to April 2017 lasted more than two years and I don't think that the yard at Shanghai can build a larger and more complex vessel in half that time.

So if we'll see the first parts after laying keel in late 2018 launch could be done at best in late 2020. IMO more likely later but never ever already in 2019.

Come on, that's ridiculous. at best it is highly unrealistic??

We haven't seen anything of the 003 carrier yet and alone given the construction time for the 002 after we saw first segments from March 2015 to April 2017 lasted more than two years and I don't think that the yard at Shanghai can build a larger and more complex vessel in half that time.

So if we'll see the first parts after laying keel in late 2018 launch could be done at best in late 2020. IMO more likely later but never ever already in 2019.

Why you doubt about China capabilities ???
Chinese build 57-storey skyscraper in 19 days, Western countries done that before ?

Why you doubt about China capabilities ???
Chinese build 57-storey skyscraper in 19 days, Western countries done that before ?

Pardon, some of you guys are funny. It has nothing to do with downplaying or underrating Chinese capabilities, but it is simply a fact
- since a carrier is not a skyscraper,
- since a comparison of a carrier and a house is off
- since not even the US built their carriers at such a proposed short time.

Some things simply need time and esp. when you do it for the first time. So in essence, thinking the 003 could already be launched in 2019 is as much unrealistic as to think anyone would run the 100m in 5.2 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom