What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Again, the CV-67 should be 87,000 short tons according to the website you posted, otherwise it was going to be as big as the CVN-68, which was virtually impossible.

The engine room of the Type 003 shows that its layout is fundamentally different from the Forrestal/Kitty Hawk class.

60.jpg

63.jpg

003.jpg

What is this picture of? I assume it is an American carrier?
Can you tell us what does this mean? Google has no idea how to translate.
The engine room of the Type 003 shows that its layout is fundamentally different from the Forrestal/Kitty Hawk class.

View attachment 649248
The difference I noticed from this picture is that the spaces in it are longitudinal while in the first pic (presumably American convetional CV) are horizontal, is that the difference in layout you were talking about? or did I completely miss the point?

I think if China has already decided to go with EM catapults, it would also make sense to take another step forward and go with nuclear propulsion. Why wait when there is a superior propulsion available? Just like why spend billions and years of effort on a carrier with steam catapults when EM catapults are ready? It seems more of a question whether China's nuclear propulsion for carriers are ready yet.

@ChineseTiger1986 Do u agree that those 956, 051B/C are NOT outdated?

Yes they are.

Just like the Sovremenny class, they stay here because they haven’t yet running out of lifespan, but it doesn’t the currently commissioned ship cannot be outdated.

What is this picture of? I assume it is an American carrier?

Can you tell us what does this mean? Google has no idea how to translate.

The difference I noticed from this picture is that the spaces in it are longitudinal while in the first pic (presumably American convetional CV) are horizontal, is that the difference in layout you were talking about? or did I completely miss the point?

I will later do a sketch of engine room(reactor spaces) in English.

Yes they are.

Just like the Sovremenny class, they stay here because they haven’t yet running out of lifespan, but it doesn’t the currently commissioned ship cannot be outdated.

I will later do a sketch of engine room(reactor spaces) in English.

Define what is outdated.

Define what is outdated.

outdated ship ≠ decommissioned ship

Many WWII warship like the USS Missouri (BB-63) lasted until the 1990s, an era where the US already had several battlegroup of the Nimitz class supercarriers.

These ships were commissioned until then, but it was already outdated like the current PLAN destroyers with the steam boilers. They are not decommissioned yet because they haven't running out of lifespan.

The Sovremenny class is also outdated, but they won't decommission it immediately because it hasn't reached the end of its lifespan.

Last edited:
Again, the CV-67 should be 87,000 short tons according to the website you posted, otherwise it was going to be as big as the CVN-68, which was virtually impossible.

Don’t use words like “should be”. Give me EVIDENCE that can prove these 2 sites are wrong. If you can’t, then just admit I’m right.

Thanks a lot! :tup:

@Deino @obj 705A

Here is my sloppy sketches about the engine room layout of several US supercarriers, also with the 2 reference pics of the dismantling Forrestal class and the constructing Ford class.

Hopefully you guys can make your own judgement in comparison with the modules of the Type 003. :tup:

Forrestal_KittyHawk.png

Enterprise.png

Nimitz_Ford.png

60.jpg

ford.jpg

outdated ship ≠ decommissioned ship

Many WWII warship like the USS Missouri (BB-63) lasted until the 1990s, an era where the US already had several battlegroup of the Nimitz class supercarriers.

These ships were commissioned until then, but it was already outdated like the current PLAN destroyers with the steam boilers. They are not decommissioned yet because they haven't running out of lifespan.

The Sovremenny class is also outdated, but they won't decommission it immediately because it hasn't reached the end of its lifespan.

You don’t seem to understand. My question is: define what is outdated. I will kindly help u to understand it in another way: what is the standard to judge whether it’s outdated or not?

You don’t seem to understand. My question is: define what is outdated. I will kindly help u to understand it in another way: what is the standard to judge whether it’s outdated or not?

You can't make any substantiated argument, but just keep repeating like a broken record.

Any more of verbal harassment I will put you in my ignored list.

You can't make any substantiated argument, but just keep repeating like a broken record.

Any more of verbal harassment I will put you in my ignored list.

I am doing exactly what everyone in this forum is doing, asking questions and discuss. So, since u still haven’t answered the question, plz define what is outdated. Or what is your standard of if it’s outdated or not.

I am doing exactly what everyone in this forum is doing, asking questions and discuss. So, since u still haven’t answered the question, plz define what is outdated. Or what is your standard of if it’s outdated or not.

Come on ... insisting on that single off-topic question is stubborn.

Let's focos on the new carrier please.

Back
Top Bottom