What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

My understanding is that the PLAN wants a medium-sized heavyweight 5th generation fighter, and the contenders are 601 and 611. The 601 institute is presenting a navalized 3.0 version of the FC-31 while we don't know what 611 is developing.

How close is this to the information you have?

Do we have any updates on the PLAN 5th generation fighter program? I've been hearing that it's a competition between SAC & CAC (FC-31 vs a J-20 variant?). When can we expect the results to come out?

Could you please post these questions strictly related to the next generation fighter in the appropriate thread?

I'm also puzzled about this question - and most likely others as well - but here my question and his reply was related to the carrier and not the fighter.

Deino

Could you please post these questions strictly related to the next generation fighter in the appropriate thread?

I'm also puzzled about this question - and most likely others as well - but here my question and his reply was related to the carrier and not the fighter.

Deino

Thanks; could you move it? :)

A certain sharp ear cat has just re-affirmed that the 3rd Chinese aircraft carrier (2nd domestic built) had indeed commenced contruction (i.e. steel cutting) in 2016, with some incident (i.e. Steam vs EMAL) causing some delay therafter.

Since metal cutting woulld take around one and half year + time delay for the Steam Vs EMAL competition, 2019 in deed is a good bet for its appearance in the dry dock in Shanghai JNCX ( Dry dock No.4).

In his weibo, he stated:- He had posted in 2013 building of 001A (or 002 as some preferred) commenced, in 2014 he said 8 units of 055 would be built, and in 2015 he also said Dalian shipyard would also build 055 (togerther with Shanghai JNCX).

233600li7yiz174z4l1zie.png

How many aircraft carrier China building. I thought only 1

2 unit.

PLANS Shandong CVBG-17 in Dalian Shipyard, already Launched and Fitting out now. Commisioned to Service soon in 2018.

CVBG-18 in Jiangnan Shipyard, EMALS with IEP (Integrated Electric Propulsion), Steel Cutting begin in 2016/2017, we will see in Dry Dock maybe after Winter 2018 (Beginning 2019)

2 unit.

PLANS Shandong CVBG-17 in Dalian Shipyard, already Launched and Fitting out now. Commisioned to Service soon in 2018.

CVBG-18 in Jiangnan Shipyard, EMALS with IEP (Integrated Electric Propulsion), Steel Cutting begin in 2016/2017, we will see in Dry Dock maybe after Winter 2018 (Beginning 2019)
Plus another one allegedly the 2nd unit of Type 002 (CVBG-19), the sibling of the Jiangnan's one... its steel cutting may have been initiated or will soon initiate in Dalian shipyard. (search for @cirr 's earlier post)
Indeed I still expect an even more massive and faster carrier development until the near future, let say by the 2025 time frame (perhaps by some of the China's miracle out of the unseen hidden beneath :enjoy: )

@4GTejasBVR - your post belongs to the dedicated Type 001A thread (the 2nd carrier yet the 1st fully homegrown one):
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/type-002-former-type-001a-aircraft-carrier-news-discussions.416441/page-90
。。。

Last edited:
A certain sharp ear cat has just re-affirmed that the 3rd Chinese aircraft carrier (2nd domestic built) had indeed commenced contruction (i.e. steel cutting) in 2016, with some incident (i.e. Steam vs EMAL) causing some delay therafter.

Since metal cutting woulld take around one and half year + time delay for the Steam Vs EMAL competition, 2019 in deed is a good bet for its appearance in the dry dock in Shanghai JNCX ( Dry dock No.4).

In his weibo, he stated:- He had posted in 2013 building of 001A (or 002 as some preferred) commenced, in 2014 he said 8 units of 055 would be built, and in 2015 he also said Dalian shipyard would also build 055 (togerther with Shanghai JNCX).

View attachment 443067
So EM is basically confirmed? Good for the PLAN. They definitely made the right choice. A minor delay is better spending valuable time and resources on an inferior steam catapult.
:china::china::china:

As many as we want or please.

But since China is determined not to become the next world's police that the US is today, I guess a fleet of 10 nuclear-powered super carriers is about right for China.

Contradictory statements.

As many as we want or please.

But since China is determined not to become the next world's police that the US is today, I guess a fleet of 10 nuclear-powered super carriers is about right for China.
Contradictory statements.
Actually NOT since China does not aspire to exceed the CSG number of the USA. If China intend to police the world or supplant the US military hegemony they must plan to build at least 15 or even 20 most modern CSG/CVBG :rofl::lol:

Dunno why some feel so anxious about the 10 marking when the world has been getting used with USA's 11 or 12 CSG showing up at every corner of the globe for decades :coffee: Or should the U.S. be the exceptional to be sole owner of the so many carrier battle groups?

The number of China's 10 carriers in future is quoted also in following article published recently by a mainstream mouthpiece, an anti-China hardliner based in the New York City, the Epoch Times, run by those ardent supporters of the banned cult Falun Gong and funded by some U.S. institutions and/or NGOs, carrying out its main mission of doing intense propaganda works along with its sister broadcast media NDTV in various languages incl. Chinese, esp. among the Chinese societies, articulating its very strong anti-China stance to shape the public opinions worldwide to the advantages of the Anglo's world order.

China Closes Gap on US Naval Supremacy - Falun Gong's Epoch Times 20171219 part-1.png
China Closes Gap on US Naval Supremacy - Falun Gong's Epoch Times 20171219 part-2.png

。。。

I hope they don't build 10 CVs, its a waste of money on expensive weapons of yesterday.

5 is more than enough to take on small countries, that's the use of CVs, the future belong to long range hypersonic manned/unmanned strike vehicles and missiles.

I don't know, 10 sounds about right. The ones China really wants are the nuclear powered ones. Say China has the goal of 5 CVNs, it means she'll have accumulated 2 STOBAR + 2-3 CATOBAR CVs + 5 CVNs = about 10.

I hope they don't build 10 CVs, its a waste of money on expensive weapons of yesterday.

5 is more than enough to take on small countries, that's the use of CVs, the future belong to long range hypersonic manned/unmanned strike vehicles and missiles.

I thought it was already acknowledged that we would have 10 CV by 2049. :D

Back
Top Bottom