What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

1655639327194.png

I saw a video and pic of the 003 carrier's CIWS radar. It's rectangular in shape and looks different than the previous 1130 CIWS guns' round dish radars found in 055. The narrator claimed it's a new 相控雷達 AESA(?) radar that allows the 1130 gun sees and engages incoming missiles farther. She didn't mention how much further the CIWS can engage. It's excellent China installs a small AESA radar onto a small but critical anti-air systems.

I saw a video and pic of the 003 carrier's CIWS radar. It's rectangular in shape and looks different than the previous 1130 CIWS guns' round dish radars found in 055. The narrator claimed it's a new 相控雷達 AESA(?) radar that allows the 1130 gun sees and engages incoming missiles farther. She didn't mention how much further the CIWS can engage. It's excellent China installs a small AESA radar onto a small but critical anti-air systems.
it is mostly to counter enemy EW and maybe to engage in EW. The range is limited by the guns

Chinese naval aircraft battle group in full force they look very deadly with these new 100000 tonnage type 003 along with type 055,052D destroyers and type 054 frigate and yuan subs will definitely chalkange USA not only in south china sea but in Pacific sea

With KJ 600 they will be even more deadly against super hornets attack on Chinese battle group

Chinese naval aircraft battle group in full force they look very deadly with these new 100000 tonnage type 003 along with type 055,052D destroyers and type 054 frigate and yuan subs will definitely chalkange USA not only in south china sea but in Pacific sea

With KJ 600 they will be even more deadly against super hornets attack on Chinese battle group

Oh well, grow up, get mature, calm down and hold your horses ... for now it remain on the pier for fitting out for almost 1 if not 2 years , then trials will begin, which again will take more than one year and even if then handed over to the PLAN it will not be a "big threat to USA" but a single then unproven carrier which will pave the way for more, but I'm pretty sure the PLAN knows exactly the value of this asset and this is not to "spread for against the USN"! :azn:

Oh well, grow up, get mature, calm down and hold your horses ... for now it remain on the pier for fitting out for almost 1 if not 2 years , then trials will begin, which again will take more than one year and even if then handed over to the PLAN it will not be a "big threat to USA" but a single then unproven carrier which will pave the way for more, but I'm pretty sure the PLAN knows exactly the value of this asset and this is not to "spread for against the USN"! :azn:
003 is not designed to challenge the U.S. navy anyway. It's just a power projection tool. The flying wing bomber is.
While U.S. won't use Ford to counter 003, they would either use LRASM of B1B or B21.

Repeated Violations
I know a fourth option: it is a common practice done all over the world and you are again spreading lies of fabricated plain stupid theories just in order to look very smart!
Stick to facts talk, this forum is not for you to spew personal hatred loser. If you cannot stay neutral and stick to ethics, please resign from moderator post

Weather shelters. US Navy.
View attachment 854832
Thanks for reminding me on Ford class covering its EMALS.

The same , Ford-class aircraft carriers when launched.
View attachment 854883View attachment 854882
Thanks for reminding on USS Ford Class when launched. Guess it's for the same reason

Last edited:
Stick to facts talk, this forum is not for you to spew personal hatred loser. If you cannot stay neutral and stick to ethics, please resign from moderator post

Oh well … next try to learn!

As I told you … do not lie, do not post fakes and in case you were proven wrong, don‘t twist words and insult, just admit you were wrong. It‘s all not that difficult to be honest and civilised. :smitten:

Next try after your pause …

it is mostly to counter enemy EW and maybe to engage in EW. The range is limited by the guns

I think besides improving engagement range, the new radar allows the gun to engage low RCS or stealthy missiles. This is great thinking, ahead of the curve.

I think besides improving engagement range, the new radar allows the gun to engage low RCS or stealthy missiles. This is great thinking, ahead of the curve.
engagement range won't change. 30mm rounds would start falling off at around 10km. the APFSDS rounds shot by these CIWS cannons would suffer even more due to lowered projectile mass.

engagement range won't change. 30mm rounds would start falling off at around 10km. the APFSDS rounds shot by these CIWS cannons would suffer even more due to lowered projectile mass.

10km range should be sufficient if it could detect stealthy missiles and destroy them in the 5-10km range.

Back
Top Bottom