What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

First to carriers are going to be fitted with steam believe it, EMALS will be fitted on the Type 003. I was hoping they skip it as steam catapults are expensive.

Your wrong on this. It's going to take 5-10 years before the PLAN can even match the Royal or French Navy forget about being the second best.

French navy and British navy has just one and two carrier vs usn 10/11 and Chinese 4/6 planned along with. Carrier groups

As reported discussions on PLA equipment from any China forums and discussion boards have been prohibited by the authorities. Some minor leaks could incur prosecution to the leakers.

Only state media can report PLA equipment under specific censorship.

It is understandable that they applied such tightened control on that in the context of preparation of the final Taiwan operations.

Finally!

As reported discussions on PLA equipment from any China forums and discussion boards have been prohibited by the authorities. Some minor leaks could incur prosecution to the leakers.

Only state media can report PLA equipment under specific censorship.

It is understandable that they applied such tightened control on that in the context of preparation of the final Taiwan operations.

But was this as per official announcement or based as per consensus of the owners due to the closing down of individual sites?

A somewhat informative summary on the Type 003. I think there's some minor errors, but he does err on the side of caution and speculation. Good for those who do not want to surf 100+ pages in this thread for info.

In fact I cannot believe
😯
... finally again a recent image (taken on 23rd August) of the Type 003 aircraft carrier. Even if it is more than blurry and I still cannot see, if the deck is closed already, it is at least a start
😉

(Image via @horobeyo/Twitter)

Oh well ... and as if someone just waited for a new-start only to post again: Here an eve better one from today (allegedly?) and if I'm not mistaken, it seems as if the deck is closed!? Or am I wrong?

(Image via SINCHIKI/SDF)

1629732935964.png

1629733106921.png

Expect 003 to get in sea trial in Oct? Or by the end of this year?

Never ever … even if it would be launched already this year, which I see not for granted, it will remain on the dockside for fitting out at least for one additional year. As such sea trails in October is plain impossible, launch late this year maybe.

Back
Top Bottom