What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

003's width is misreported to be 73m. Satellite image calculations confirm it to be 76m-81m in width.

Also 003 has a larger deck then the Ford.
I believe it is misreported on purpose. This to make american felt good that their carrier supposed to better than Type003 in everything.

It's impossible for Chinese to build a bigger ,wider , better aircraft carrier than American.

I believe it is misreported on purpose. This to make american felt good that their carrier supposed to better than Type003 in everything.

It's impossible for Chinese to build a bigger ,wider , better aircraft carrier than American.
I'm pretty sure the US already knew the dimensions long before we did.

Why always assuming a bad intention? Many of the magazines simply do poor research, have little idea and even less interest in facts as long as there are clicks and then mistakes simply happen.

Why always assuming a bad intention? Many of the magazines simply do poor research, have little idea and even less interest in facts as long as there are clicks and then mistakes simply happen.
I don't think we need an expert on amount of western negative article about China military development.

They can get the length correct because it's shorter than Ford but suddenly miss out on the wide becos it's wider than Ford?

Selective information I will say.

003 vs Ford vs Nimitz vs Kitty Hawk (Image via wb/谈书xx)
E5X7N4sVgAQrsfI.jpeg

Much bigger than Nimitz

The latest images of the Type 003 carrier reveal again some progress and even if some currently ongoing discussions vary on length, width and flight deck area it is in any way as @AlexLuck9 noted "... a healthily sized super carrier!"

(Images via 谈笑看世间)

PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210706 - 2.jpg
PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210706 - 1.jpg

The latest images of the Type 003 carrier reveal again some progress and even if some currently ongoing discussions vary on length, width and flight deck area it is in any way as @AlexLuck9 noted "... a healthily sized super carrier!"

(Images via 谈笑看世间)

View attachment 759907View attachment 759908

Easily the most advanced carrier built by an Asian country (including Russia and Turkey) thus far. Kudos to the Chinese ship makers :china:

(Images via 谈笑看世间)

View attachment 759907View attachment 759908
The angle at which the picture was taken prevents the kind of accurate measurements we want, IMO we need a satalite pic from the top since this kind of pictures taken from an extreme angle like this one could easily cause difference of one or two meters.

Back
Top Bottom