What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

One has to take a step back and look at the facts objectively, so far all evidence points to the Type 003 being a modern version of the Kitty Hawk, it has the same exact water line length as the Kitty Hawk, it also has almost the same width (the width is either identical or 1 meter wider in favor of the 003), type 003 won't be anywhere near 100k tonnes, the Kitty Hawk was 75k tonnes, so at most the type 003 will be an 85k tonne CV.
For me personally I am 100% confident at this point that the type 003 will be a 75k-85k tonne conventionally powered CV, and that is what my bet's on.

The Type 003 is a 90,000 - 100,000 tonnes CVN with EMALS and AAG.

Sutton was wrong about the propulsion, and it is indeed nuclear powered as you can see the two white boxes that will serve as the radiation shielding.

Here is how the nuclear reactor is placed within the box.

View attachment 734215
From the top these dont look like shielding boxes at all to me when you zoom in closer. More like 3 units next to each other. Didnt see any closer image and other angle so far that makes it look like cubes.

One has to take a step back and look at the facts objectively, so far all evidence points to the Type 003 being a modern version of the Kitty Hawk, it has the same exact water line length as the Kitty Hawk, it also has almost the same width (the width is either identical or 1 meter wider in favor of the 003), type 003 won't be anywhere near 100k tonnes, the Kitty Hawk was 75k tonnes, so at most the type 003 will be an 85k tonne CV.
For me personally I am 100% confident at this point that the type 003 will be a 75k-85k tonne conventionally powered CV, and that is what my bet's on.

The Type 003 is about 306 X 41 X 12.5 compared to 317 X 40.8 X 12.5 of CVN-78.

It is just slightly shorter than the Ford class, but much larger than the Kitty Hawk class.

BTW, the silhouette of the Type 003 will resemble the Ford class except being slightly shorter/wider, not even remotely close to the slender one depicted by Sutton. He wants to create an impression that the Type 003 is inferior to the Ford class, but that's not the case in reality.

From the top these dont look like shielding boxes at all to me when you zoom in closer. More like 3 units next to each other. Didnt see any closer image and other angle so far that makes it look like cubes.

It is a cubic box.

The shielding box of the Ford class also has those lines that looks like being separated into 3 parts.

ford.png

Last edited:
Again only a very blurry image showing the latest progress on the Tpye 003 aircraft carrier's construction at the Jiangnan Shipyard in Shanghai. But at least it seems as if there is what appears to be an additional extension on the port side.

(Image via Cai Zhai/FB)

1618811768060.png

1618811757556.png

Side by side comparisons of the two most recent images of the Type 003 carrier.

1618820065516.png

fellows back at the SDF mentioned something which should have been quite obvious but was not talked much about here, if the objects pointed out by Deino are indeed the deflectors (and IMO they most likely are) then we can easily figure out the length of the flight deck, if the catapults on the type 003 are of the same length as those of the Nimitz then that means the flight deck length of the 003 is 316 meters so the length of the ship will be around the same as that of the Shandong, obviously the tonnage will be much higher than the Shandong because it's longer at the waterline and wider.
I believe this old "leaked" CGI is the closest to how the Type 003 will look like:

China_Started_Work_on_Third_Aircraft_Carrier_Type_003.jpg

this fan made CGI which looks like it was inspired by the leaked one, IMO is probably the closest thing to how the type 003 will look like:
f0aa9a3d840749dfbcbaa0bf8ba1e34b.jpeg

while the type 003 will present a huge upgrade for the PLAN however it is still definitly not the final goal that the PLAN is aiming for, and since the next carrier that Dalian will build may be another type 003 then it will take several more years before the PLAN finaly has a 100k tonne CVN probably closer to the end of this decade.

fellows back at the SDF mentioned something which should have been quite obvious but was not talked much about here, if the objects pointed out by Deino are indeed the deflectors (and IMO they most likely are) then we can easily figure out the length of the flight deck, if the catapults on the type 003 are of the same length as those of the Nimitz then that means the flight deck length of the 003 is 316 meters so the length of the ship will be around the same as that of the Shandong, obviously the tonnage will be much higher than the Shandong because it's longer at the waterline and wider.
I believe this old "leaked" CGI is the closest to how the Type 003 will look like:

View attachment 736451

this fan made CGI which looks like it was inspired by the leaked one, IMO is probably the closest thing to how the type 003 will look like:
View attachment 736452

while the type 003 will present a huge upgrade for the PLAN however it is still definitly not the final goal that the PLAN is aiming for, and since the next carrier that Dalian will build may be another type 003 then it will take several more years before the PLAN finaly has a 100k tonne CVN probably closer to the end of this decade.
IIRC the EMALS is longer than then steam catapults. So the flight deck will be more than 320m.

Oh well 😲😖 ... again more for the sake of completeness than to identify any details, here are three recent but most blurry images of the Type 003 aircraft carrier taken out of an airliner during an overflight of the Jiangnan Shipyard at Shanghai,

(Images via FB)

PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210425 - 1.JPG
PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210425 - 2 all.jpg
PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210425 - 3.JPG

Oh well 😲😖 ... again more for the sake of completeness than to identify any details, here are three recent but most blurry images of the Type 003 aircraft carrier taken out of an airliner during an overflight of the Jiangnan Shipyard at Shanghai,

(Images via FB)

View attachment 737194View attachment 737195View attachment 737196
It seemed that Changxing Island was pretty foggy these days, damned the carbon emission, the air pollution was on spike again... Greta will surely cry in tears if she learns about this matter :lol:

It seemed that Changxing Island was pretty foggy these days, damned the carbon emission, the air pollution was on spike again... Greta will surely cry in tears if she learns about this matter :lol:

Maybe, but my feeling tells me that this is not due pollution and more that these were in fact pretty clear images in the original version - even simply cameras on mobiles don't make such blurry ones - but later blurred.

Maybe, but my feeling tells me that this is not due pollution and more that these were in fact pretty clear images in the original version - even simply cameras on mobiles don't make such blurry ones - but later blurred.
Sorry Deino, indeed I'm just having some posting fun teasing minus the /s... the often accusation of the air pollution, Greta with her global warming hoax while ironically the Earth is indeed facing the modern-day Grand Solar Minimum :D :coffee:

Bad news for all China military watchers. CJDBY has closed permanently all threads on PLA, PLAN, PLAAF, China Space and New Concept Weapons.

View attachment 727008
Not sure it's directly linked, but here I just stumbled across this CGTN article. Reading below article, no wonder the care takers who were responsible at CJDBY opted to shut the problematic sections off when they thought they couldn't fully control the actions there, or just too troublesome to exercise such control.... little fun but all works, all risks... who wants it??? :p:

China's State Security Ministry releases espionage prevention regulations

CGTN - 15:49, 26-Apr-2021

Counter-espionage Law of the People's Republic of China 20210426.jpeg

Counter-espionage Law of the People's Republic of China. /Xinhua

China's Ministry of State Security (MSS) on Monday (4/26) issued regulations on ESPIONAGE PREVENTION WORK in necessary administrative organs, RELATED SOCIAL ORGANIZATIONS, enterprises and institutions to clarify the responsibilities of the entity TO PREVENT AND COUNTER ESPIONAGE RISKS.

The regulations take effect upon promulgation and it says that the ministry is formulating the list of KEY ANTI-ESPIONAGE SECURITY UNITS together with relevant departments, and once the list is finished, it will inform the units in written form and the list will be regularly adjusted.

Once the entity is listed as a key anti-espionage unit, the MSS can provide guidance to the unit on anti-espionage precautions by providing work manuals, guidelines and other educating materials, distributing written guidance opinions, holding training, taking meetings and advising, etc.

The provisions also said that for units that fail to implement their anti-espionage responsibilities, the MSS is authorized to require them to rectify the problems within a time limit or summon relevant persons for a face-to-face meeting in accordance with the law, urging the units to enhance security measures and release timely updates of its progress to correct the situation.

For those units that caused adverse consequences, the MSS will transfer clues to relevant security organs and suggest them to deal with. If the case constitutes a crime, the offender will be investigated for criminal responsibility according to laws.

The regulations on Monday are formulated to ensure specific duties of various authorities and entities in preventing espionage activities and to enhance the whole society's awareness of state security.

Back
Top Bottom