What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Hi if China is satisfied with EMALS, will they gyft the 1st carrier to pakistan?

Currently, Aircraft Carrier is too much of a burden to the Pakistan budget and resources that's not very practical. But never say never..... if economic reality in the future gets better who knows.

Although the possibility is still quite low. But I wish Pakistan navy will procure 2 to 4 DDG in the class of Type-052D in the near future. Since the chance of an all out war between Pakistan and India is very slim. But boarder skirmish happens quite often. If there is a naval skirmish happen, DDG like the 052D will match or exceed any DDG in the Indian navy.

Currently, Aircraft Carrier is too much of a burden to the Pakistan budget and resources that's not very practical. But never say never..... if economic reality in the future gets better who knows.

Although the possibility is still quite low. But I wish Pakistan navy will procure 2 to 4 DDG in the class of Type-052D in the near future. Since the chance of an all out war between Pakistan and India is very slim. But boarder skirmish happens quite often. If there is a naval skirmish happen, DDG like the 052D will match or exceed any DDG in the Indian navy.

Pakistan can't afford destroyer. Hell, not even Turkey can.

Even if one similar image from this series was posted on Tuesday, these for are slightly different and eventually reveal some more details on the latest progress on the Type 003 aircraft carrier. Also - even if not entirely sure - there seems to be the side hangar openings visible on starboard?

(Image via Zhai Cai at 解放軍評論團 from FB)

PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210323 hangar doors maybe.jpg
PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210323 - 5+.jpg
PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210323 - 4+.jpg
PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210323 - 3+.jpg
PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210323 - 2+.jpg

Following the most recent images from 23. March, here is another update showing that the Type 003 aircraft carrier's stern section has a new hangar installed, so that only the last section of the stern section is not yet installed.

(Image by see the watermark via @horobeyo/Twitter)

1616826170491.png

PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210327 - 1.jpg

Is it on track for launch this year?

No, IMO highly unlikely ... based on the 002's construction it is about at a stage where the Shandong was between Dec. 2015 and May 2016, as such between 12-14 months before launch.

So I would guess launch by April/May 2022 is likely.

PLN CV-17 Shandong - construction collage.jpg

No, IMO highly unlikely ... based on the 002's construction it is about at a stage where the Shandong was between Dec. 2015 and May 2016, as such between 12-14 months before launch.

So I would guess launch by April/May 2022 is likely.

View attachment 728755
No problem with the exact timing, be it the 1st half or the 2nd half of 2022... for the most important thing, the only matter that really count is to produce a high quality aircraft carrier, with such breakthrough technology as DC EMCAT that works smoothly, or as designated. China doesn't have the luxury of the convenient WRC printer to afford a failed-to-deliver EMCAT as being faced by the Ford class!

Making a new type, much larger carrier with no serious problem and hopefully proceed into smooth operation is the most important achievement! I hope regular PDF members won't come out with wishes of arbitrary schedule. Just get real.

Last edited:
No problem with the exact timing, be it the 1st half or the 2nd half of 2022... for the most important thing, the only matter that really count is to produce a high quality aircraft carrier, with such breakthrough technology as DC EMCAT that works smoothly, or as designated. China doesn't have the luxury of the convenient WRC printer to afford a failed-to-deliver EMCAT as being faced by the Ford class!

Making a new type, much larger carrier with no serious problem and hopefully proceed into smooth operation is the most important achievement! I hope regular PDF members won't come out with wishes of arbitrary schedule. Just get real.

I ca only agree with you but over-hyped wishful thinking up to plain ridiculous claims can be found everywhere. I remember last summer, when we've just seen the very first module in the current dry dock, when one more or less new member at the SDF claimed we will see its launch already on October first if not earlier. Any arguments and reasonable explanation was turned down and in the end I was accused of being simply wrong since I'm a stupid foreigner! :omghaha:

Bad news for all China military watchers. CJDBY has closed permanently all threads on PLA, PLAN, PLAAF, China Space and New Concept Weapons.

View attachment 727008
This OSINT blogger is quite upset that China cracked down some military discussions and showed his/her true color :p:

he/she posted some drivels even jumped into the Five-Eyes propaganda plays to destabilize Xinjiang to weaken China using the human rights issue as pretext for propaganda drive!

demanding China to be more transparent with her potentials under the current heavy toxic climate??? :rofl:

he/she demands to know the inner working of China to learn her strength & weakness, and feel offended that the nation won't make it easier for folks like that... hahahaha oh my dear 😂

Evergreen Intel 20210327-01.png
Evergreen Intel 20210327-02.png

Evergreen Intel 20210327-03.png

Evergreen Intel 20210327-04.png

fzgfzy is likely a 1450 spy employed by the DPP.

I just came cross that he got a very thick taiwanese accent, definitely not a mainlander.

Dude... I think you are becoming a little paranoid.

Poor fzgfzy.... first reputation and credibility come into question. Now gets called a spy for Taiwan DPP.😆

Dude... I think you are becoming a little paranoid.

Poor fzgfzy.... first reputation and credibility come into question. Now gets called a spy for Taiwan DPP.😆

He brought this to himself by self-destructing his own reputation.

So don't blame other military fans being too harsh with him.

Back
Top Bottom