What's new

Cutting edge Technology generated by the Islamic nations in the middle east

Do you have proof for that statement?

it is streit group TYPOON with a little make up, uses Russian diesel engine

" The Toufan isn’t exactly as new as Iranian propaganda insists. Photos of it circulated in social media as far back as 2016 and curious Iranians even snapped posters listing its specifications. It has been found out the Toufan runs on a Russian diesel engine and is an almost exact replica of the original Typhoon, with seating for eight passengers and two crew. The few differences between the Toufan and Typhoon are superficial, such as the location of a spare tire on the former’s hull. "

it is streit group TYPOON with a little make up, uses Russian diesel engine

" The Toufan isn’t exactly as new as Iranian propaganda insists. Photos of it circulated in social media as far back as 2016 and curious Iranians even snapped posters listing its specifications. It has been found out the Toufan runs on a Russian diesel engine and is an almost exact replica of the original Typhoon, with seating for eight passengers and two crew. The few differences between the Toufan and Typhoon are superficial, such as the location of a spare tire on the former’s hull. "
My friend..Iran does not have a License production from any country let alone from a western country..If Tophan has similarities to a western brand it is because iranian engineers study the best features of what is available in the market and if required no need to re-invent the wheel.....(one advantage sanctions on Iran is not having to pay IP rights).
Here are some more Ground vehicles (and police vehicles)..I will cover Armoured products in a new post..
VE1.jpg
VE2.jpg
Crackel2.jpg

Jaracel.jpg

POL.jpg
Police2.jpg
N.jpg

another view of Tophan in IRAQ..They love their MRAP.
Iraqi.jpg

Last edited:
An Egyptian private company called IMUT designed an MRAP vehicle.
The owner of the company has connections to South Africa and I think some South African designers participated in its development.
They also have a lighter variant and made a troop transport vehicle.

st-100 egypt.jpg
st-100 egypt2.jpg

An Egyptian private company called IMUT designed an MRAP vehicle.
The owner of the company has connections to South Africa and I think some South African designers participated in its development.
They also have a lighter variant and made a troop transport vehicle.

View attachment 720742View attachment 720743
Good looking MRAP..I did not know that Egypt makes MRAP..great news..hope to see other versions also..if you have bigger photos will be great.

Part 2: Iranian heavy armored vehicles.

Iran's indigenous Tank development program goes back two decades. First development was named "zolfaqar" Main Battle Tank (MBT) which went through three iterations and the last fully field tested "pre-production" sample was Z-3.
A second and somewhat parallel development effort resulted in a main battle tank named "Karrar". The two development programs were finally concluded when "Karrar" was elevated into full production status.
A third option which was a heavily modified and upgraded T-72 was also developed to upgrade the existing stock and it also received "production status".

I have included the three MBTs in here.
1) Zolfaqar
Z3_1.jpg
Zolfaghar.jpg
Z3-333.jpg
Z3_2.jpg

2) Karrar
Karar_tank.jpg
Krar1.jpg
Karar2.png
K1.jpg

3) heavily modified T-72
IR_T72.png

Last edited:
Part3): Iranian Auto industry
Iran's auto industry is the largest and oldest in the middle east but before going into details here is a snapshot of what it was 50 years ago (1960s), what it is now...and where it will be in few years.

1- 50 years ago: (the car is behind the woman!!lol)

Pay.jpg
Paykan1.jpg

2) Today
(indigenous design and in full production. 90% in-house content including engine/transmission)
Tara2.jpg
Tara_rear.jpg
Tara3.png

3) Near future (all electric Tesla standard, first car in two years)
Car1.jpg

Last edited:
The First Turkish Automobil has been developed in 1961

DEVRIM ... ( 1961 )

1614537734197.png

ANADOL-A1 .... ( 1966 )
1614538380984.png

ANADOL STC-16 .... ( 1973 )
1614538178347.png

Anadol / A5 / SV-1600 .... ( 1973 )
1614538548241.png

Turkey's Automobile Initiative Group (TOGG) total of $3.7 billion will be invested in the project

The prototype of Turkey's first indigenous Electric Cars were unveiled in 2020
The Turkish vehicles are expected to hit the market in 2022

Specifications

-- The fully electric car is expected to have two engine configurations 200 hp or 400 hp
-- a 4.8 second sprint from 0 to 100 km/h
-- The car will have a range of up to 500 km and locally produced Lithium-ion battery chargeable to 80% in less than 30 minutes

-- "3D Holographic Assistant" technology .. ( the first time in the world )
This innovative assistant will benefit from advanced eye tracking algorithms and holographic three-dimensional imaging technologies to provide a user experience far beyond the ordinary virtual dashboard

-- The car is becoming a smart device. It's an autonomous vehicle ( autonomous driving level 3 )
-- Artificial Intelligence technology
-- Intelligent connection and updating software over the internet via a 4G / 5G connection

1614538929271.png

1614539104003.png

1614539229212.png

1614539355541.png

1614539432768.png

1614539532532.png

1614539632362.png

Members are requested to keep this discussion apolitical. Thanks.

Part 4)-Iranian Auto Industry Engine production

Iran introduced the first fully in-house designed and manufactured 4 cylinder engine in 2008. Since then and recently an additional 3 cylinder engine was introduced into the production. here are some photos.

4 cylinder "national engine"
E1.jpg

National engine.jpg

They made a stamp to celebrate its serial production in 2008

3 cylinder engine
3C_engine.jpg
3C_engine.jpg
3 cylinder.jpg
Tara _engine.jpg

There are news that this sam system "Sungur" as a Shorad will be integrated to Turkish army .

We can use it against smaller swarm type of drones with low ir signature if the missile is laser guided. We have experience in atgms and this one seems to have an optical search-track targeting system as well. If the missile is ir guided only the missiles seeker would have hard time locking on the small suicide drones having much lower ir signatures.

Another proposition that I can make is usage of LIDAR for a shorad system. Radar might not detect small drones and optical only targeting system also has difficulties against swarm type attacks or 360 coverage scanning.

The problem with LIDAR is how to effecitvely get altitude and direction data at the same time using different lasers.

However there are recent approaches too. For example this one is a civilian application that uses a prism and a single laser so each wavelength that returns back gives the altitude data of the target. It can rotate like a radar dish with a single laser and prism and can give the direction data as well altitude data just like radar and that would be sufficient to guide the optical-laser tracking to lock on and finish the job in my opinion.

I have posted this before in a topic about suicide drones but I think even it is short range LIDAR can be pretty effective against small drones that escape radar detection or if developed can hunt down munition as a shorad point defense system.

Last edited:
The sunni and shia rivalry will pretty prevent any meaning tech sharing and collaboration between Iran and other sunni majority nation
Actually the Sunni-Shia rivalry is creating the tech arms race in the Middle East
Part 4)-Iranian Auto Industry Engine production

Iran introduced the first fully in-house designed and manufactured 4 cylinder engine in 2008. Since then and recently an additional 3 cylinder engine was introduced into the production. here are some photos.

4 cylinder "national engine"
View attachment 721236

View attachment 721237
They made a stamp to celebrate its serial production in 2008

3 cylinder engine
View attachment 721238View attachment 721238View attachment 721239View attachment 721240

Why timing belts and not timing chains? The four cylinder looks pretty solid th...chunky

Why timing belts and not timing chains? The four cylinder looks pretty solid th...chunky
If you are referring to the long belt wrapping around the pulleys on the engine it is "Serpentine" belt. The "timing belt" or "timing chain" is usually hidden inside and not visible. Having changed few times the "timing" belts in my own cars I have never figured out why some cars use "belts" and some use "chain". Chian you never have to change ...belts you have to change and it is not that easy because it will affect the timing of your car if not done per spec. By the way the 4 cylinder was designed 13 years ago and still used in older production units,

If you are referring to the long belt wrapping around the pulleys on the engine it is "Serpentine" belt. The "timing belt" or "timing chain" is usually hidden inside and not visible. Having changed few times the "timing" belts in my own cars I have never figured out why some cars use "belts" and some use "chain". Chian you never have to change ...belts you have to change and it is not that easy because it will affect the timing of your car if not done per spec. By the way the 4 cylinder was designed 13 years ago and still used in older production units,

my bad you are right.....stupid observation from my side

Back
Top Bottom