What's new

Current Tensions in Xinjiang-China

This is today's news
Page last updated at 05:33 GMT, Tuesday, 7 July 2009 06:33 UK

So much for peace returning.
Seems that PRC has taken all the male Ughirs to prison and that is why all the females are out on the streets to protest

Source

hi BSF! keep on your trick and performance! i think you are the only one who i think the most cheeky indian in this forum! it's waste my slobber to argure with you!

hi BSF! keep on your trick and performance! i think you are the only one who i think the most cheeky indian in this forum! it's waste my slobber to argure with you!

Hi 2008nnd

Do have any newslink reporting from Ground zero with accurate information?

Bad news indeed. this is surely not the time to - make a issue out of it and point at chinese policy.

I think we should respect the dead and sympathize with injured. May god bless their soul and cure the injured soon.

I think this is not the only incedent we are seeing of ethnic violecnce infact every country is facing this - from america ( whit black east coast west coast ) to india ( religous riot ) to pakistan ( shia sunni) to turkey ( muslim and nuomuslim ) to china now.

I hope the situation gets back in control because loss of these life can not be repaired.

My well wishes goes out to chinese .

2008nnd, there seems to be a big cultural misunderstanding here between Chinese and Indian members.

You should give us some credit, we've had experience with free media for the past 60 (62-2) years. We've also seen western media, their human rights orgs, evangelists, european parliament etc etc taking india's case in international fora over various issues. We read it all and analyse it. Even our own media is very commenrialised and many times just poor quality, but we KNOW that and we KNOW how to handle it.

Another thing - Indian media many times gives reference to Chinese media too. However, fact remais that Chinese media is govt controlled.

Also, I recommend you visit some respected newspapers like 'the hindu' for a few days, check out their coverage of China and then make up your mind instead of making generalisations about indians.

Also try to understand it as a cultural issue.

hi dear fateh71. i need to show my best respect for you ,'cause you are the very few rational and without bias indian in this forum !
i think in the western democracy country's eye. china=communism=evilness . any news from china are control by goverment, any news from china are deserved doubt and denial! I have to admit that some offical media in china like the CCTV(china central TV) is only for goverment or official' news. but china get huge of other medias and TV which were not representative of goverments' voice!
and also ,on which the internect media and news. nobody can completely control the internect. you should know this fact that
China's Broadband Growth have reach one hundred million
to be the world top one ,more than the USA and japan 。 NetiZens had exceeded the American population to reach 3.4 hundreds million!
every Netizens can express their own voice freely and get all news of the world from the internect ,and make their comment!!
so, in the daily life ,you can doubt or express different vioce to some goverment policy. that's no problem(the problem is that goverment may ignore your willing to carry out its policy) ,but didnt like what the western media's report that will put you in to prison(that's completely twisted and arabian nights). however there may some hypersensitive issue people here should better not go for !such as ,dont make any nation-split,against the social democracy!! nowdays
the world is greatly change during last 30years, indian and china also get great development during the 30years. china was not a society without free speech any more , it's great change like the change on chinese economy! but what's pity very little indian can know what's changing in china , always look on china with blinkers and bias!
i think only the indian bussinessman who had visited china can know what's changeing in china, how's chinese standard of living and their freedom! so ,i hope more and more indian can come and visit china to see a real china by your own eyes, and should send more indian's report to china to get the external news and comment from china. and china should do the same thing so as to undertand the real indian!!

thanks

the bad is that , very little indian can speak chinese, and very little chinese can speak english, china have more than 3.4 hundreds million Netizens and the Broadband user have reach 1 hundreds million . but no indian visit chinese internect and disscuss with chinese Netizens!

Come on....what did i do ..I just posted news from a source.
I am "rational" too !
:D

Until the end of 2004,the population of Uighur in XinJiang is about 8.8 million,about 45% of the total population in XinJiang,the population of Han in XinJiang is about 7.7 million.yes ,you can say Uighurs are the majority.
I am not a Han chinese,but a Tujia people , I have to say in china government treated han people and any othe people equally legally and economically.Also I have to say because the difference in culture and language, Han Chinese will be easier to find a good job and then achieve better position than Uighurs,just like immigrants have to face more problems than local people.

Until the end of 2004,the population of Uighur in XinJiang is about 8.8 million,about 45% of the total population in XinJiang,the population of Han in XinJiang is about 7.7 million.yes ,you can say Uighurs are the majority.

Thanks for the figures.

Do you have the latest figures of XinJiang ?

Anybody with any sense should be affraid of those who think of Islam not as a religion of Faith in God but as a tool in the hand of militants who want only anarchy and constant war.
China seem to have been targetted by some who fear the economic and political growth of china and so for them it is important to create problems for China.

So disgusting.. I am ashamed of a fellow muslim...u Have lost the right to comment on any situation regarding muslims around the world.

Oh yes, as though u all care abt us pakistani muslims and light candles when there is a bomb attack, don't be hypocrites mate, I was honest and you should be,too!In fact we both don't give a damn about each other and therefore tell me the truth rather lying abt ur feelings for 'all muslims in the world'

God Speed

hi dear fateh71. i need to show my best respect for you ,'cause you are the very few rational and without bias indian in this forum !
i think in the western democracy country's eye. china=communism=evilness . any news from china are control by goverment, any news from china are deserved doubt and denial! I have to admit that some offical media in china like the CCTV(china central TV) is only for goverment or official' news. but china get huge of other medias and TV which were not representative of goverments' voice!
and also ,on which the internect media and news. nobody can completely control the internect. you should know this fact that
China's Broadband Growth have reach one hundred million
to be the world top one ,more than the USA and japan 。 NetiZens had exceeded the American population to reach 3.4 hundreds million!
every Netizens can express their own voice freely and get all news of the world from the internect ,and make their comment!!
so, in the daily life ,you can doubt or express different vioce to some goverment policy. that's no problem(the problem is that goverment may ignore your willing to carry out its policy) ,but didnt like what the western media's report that will put you in to prison(that's completely twisted and arabian nights). however there may some hypersensitive issue people here should better not go for !such as ,dont make any nation-split,against the social democracy!! nowdays
the world is greatly change during last 30years, indian and china also get great development during the 30years. china was not a society without free speech any more , it's great change like the change on chinese economy! but what's pity very little indian can know what's changing in china , always look on china with blinkers and bias!
i think only the indian bussinessman who had visited china can know what's changeing in china, how's chinese standard of living and their freedom! so ,i hope more and more indian can come and visit china to see a real china by your own eyes, and should send more indian's report to china to get the external news and comment from china. and china should do the same thing so as to undertand the real indian!!

thanks
I live in China for past many years.
some facts:
Everything in China is censored.. even internet.. The 'Great Firewall of China' is as famous as the Great wall of China. They say the Chinese government employs over 20,000 internet censors. generally I find I'm not able to access 30-40% of the websites.
Foreign TV channels are not allowed for ordinary Chinese. Only few selected foreign channels allowed in places meant for foreigners like international apartments or hotels. Almost 99% of the channels are government controlled with CCTV having monopoly. The foreign news channels are broadcast with time delay. This is to block-out any news that is sensitive to China. Its common to see CNN or BBC to go blank for few minutes all of a sudden when they are airing some news about Taiwan, Tibet, Xinjiang or any such things.
Youtube is still blocked in China. Wikipedia was blocked for sometime. fortunately unblocked now.
Most blog sites are blocked.
Foreign news and defense websites are blocked.
Google goes down occassionally for no reason. The reason becomes apparent after a few days and is usually because google search was returning results which is considered sensitive in China.
Government has made anti-**** softwares mandatory in all computers, but the real motive is censorship of sensitive information.
There are hardly any newspapers published. The ones which are published are 100% government controlled.
Any reference to 1989 activities in Tian'anmen are automatically censored.
Any mention of Dalai lama is censored.
none of the foreigners here watch the local channels because we all know they are governments propaganda machinery.

Last edited:
这些印度人是狗

I don't know why indians are so much interested in other problems der own country is burning 50% india (220 districts) is in grip of insurgency.:chilli:

"Naxalite violence has spread to 156 districts in 13 states in just one year".:chilli:

45 pc of India under terror shadow - India - The Times of India

Because other also take interest in India when Godhra , Orissa happened?

i forgive you for your ignorance and bias to china! do you really know china?? how many news you get from china? fromBBC.CNN, do you know how many indian reporter in china? only 1 since 2008, anyway ,i hope indian can send more their reporter to china to provide a real china to indian people . but get everything from western media !

Since when China is start proving access to Other new channels? Do any other news Channel was present in Tibet or in present crises?

Back
Top Bottom