What's new

Current Tensions in Xinjiang-China

I know what you mean.

But here in Italy, for the example, are the immigrants who get the most humble/hard jobs while italians get the most confortable jobs.
It's not the contrary!
I know that chinese law contains many facilitations for minorities; for example, they can get access to universities more easily. But the problems comes when some of them don't want to go to han-chinese made schools and still demanding better life condition.

I know that this sounds like they're wrong & we're right, but just remember that their land belongs to China because we won the war, and in order to gain consensus from local people, you should be tollerant, you just cannot go there and act like the new lord; specialy when they feel you as different from them.

Anyway, from a strategic point of view, XinJiang has oil, and recently they've also found the biggest iron minefield in Asia, so we cannot permit ourself to lose these territories. This is why USA & Associates may have tried to destabilize this region.

I understand what you are trying to say, but please don't equate immigrants with minorities.

Having lived in Europe, I have to say that racial discrimination is pretty low. The same has been my experience in the US. Sure, it is difficult to get a job, but that is due to Visa restrictions, not racial bias.

You can't treat Uygur people like you would treat immigrants into China. If you won the war and control the land, they are now your people. You should treat them as equals, not immigrants.

Having lived in Europe, I have to say that racial discrimination is pretty low.

Things have changed in the last years and unfortunately not for the better.I can quote if you wish 2 instances (in Italy and Northern Ireland ) in which romanian citizens belonging to the Roma people have bean assaulted.

Protesters go online, breach ‘great firewall’

SHANGHAI: Independent information about deadly riots in China’s remote northwest filtered out on Twitter, YouTube and other internet forums on
Monday, frustrating government efforts to control the news.

The communist authorities who built the so-called Great Firewall of China, raced to stamp out video, images and words posted by internet users about the unrest on Sunday which, officials said, left at least 156 dead.

But similar to the phenomenon seen last month during Iran’s political turmoil, pictures, videos and updates from Urumqi poured onto social networking and image sharing websites such as Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.

In many cases, items were reposted by other internet users on sites outside China to preserve the content, while Twitter helped link people around the globe to images Chinese authorities did not want seen.

A US academic in Urumqi appeared to break news about the unrest via Twitter, saying hours before the mainstream news organisations on Sunday night that security forces were blocking off streets in the city.

Footage posted on YouTube showed what appeared to be, at least initially, a peaceful protest, with men and women marching, chatting on mobile phones, sipping bottled water and raising their arms as they cheered.

Another video on the site apparently taken by low-grade video technology in Urumqi showed police in black helmets leading away handcuffed protesters. Meanwhile some Chinese internet users were able to express frustration at having their postings on the violence deleted.

The reasons the bbs/blogs were frozen or removed was because people were very UPSET WITH THE TERROR ATTACK. It was a wise and RESPONSIBLE move to stem such emotional calls for "revenge" as it will only increase the tension and cause further deterioration.

Compare this with some of the comments which "cheered" for such attacks on innocent people. This speaks much to the 'calibre' of these individuals. The term Nazi refers to people who are so brainwashed in hatred that they fail to see the errors of their ways and CONDONE THESE EVIL & MALICIOUS BRUTALITY.

Do you see Koreans, or Japanese or Vietnamese or Taiwanese Chinese cheer on such cowardly terror acts??? Even though these nations are supposedly hostile towards China, their citizens DENOUNCE these acts. THIS IS CALLED HUMAN COMPASSION. :) I thank all the people who see beyond the superficial window-dressing of religion or race, and see people as HUMAN BEINGS. Don't you think it is uncompassionate to ignore and downgrade this terrorist atrocity based on someone's race or religion? How can you consider yourself 'enlightened' or 'holier-than-thou' with this degenerative attitude?

I know some Chinese hold animosity towards Japanese people for their past heinous crimes. There are competitive animosity with Koreans. But there's a saying, there are some supposed "enemies" who treat you with more compassion than certain supposed "friends". :smitten:

There's also another wise saying: It is only during times of extreme duress do you truly find out who your TRUE friends are. And I believe this has been revealed - actions speak louder than empty words and fake promises. :) Humanity will prevail.

I understand what you are trying to say, but please don't equate immigrants with minorities.

Having lived in Europe, I have to say that racial discrimination is pretty low. The same has been my experience in the US. Sure, it is difficult to get a job, but that is due to Visa restrictions, not racial bias.

You can't treat Uygur people like you would treat immigrants into China. If you won the war and control the land, they are now your people. You should treat them as equals, not immigrants.

Minorities have preferential treatment, unlike other places...

By what means exacly ? Please substantiate your claim.

Someone support the cospiracy theory which says that Rebiya Kadeer, the "uighur dalai lama" who live in USA, have orchestrated everything from the outside with the USA support.

Someone support the cospiracy theory which says that Rebiya Kadeer, the "uighur dalai lama" who live in USA, have orchestrated everything from the outside with the USA support.

Well, i love a good conspiracy theory myself but in order to believe it, it must be substantiated with facts not hearsay.

Sorry, but you did not understood what I said.
Uighurs are the local people, han-chinese are immigrants. Generally, the local people should get the best job while immigrants get the less good job. This is what happens here in Europe.
What is happening in XinJiang is exactly the contrary, and this may have frustrated the local people.

Things have changed in the last years and unfortunately not for the better.I can quote if you wish 2 instances (in Italy and Northern Ireland ) in which romanian citizens belonging to the Roma people have bean assaulted.

Sure, I am not claiming that Europe is heaven or anything. But what I am saying is that racism is very different from anti-immigration feeling.

The anti-Roma thing has been going on over Europe for a long time. But things on that front have only gotten better, not worse. It certainly is not to the level that there are riots on streets.

That said, I did see riots in Europe - the Catalan-Castellano fight in Spain, Football fights in Italy and random drunken violence everywhere. But again, having grown up in India, those are the things we have almost everyday, so it did not bother me.

Uighurs are the local people, han-chinese are immigrants. Generally, the local people should get the best job while immigrants get the less good job. This is what happens here in Europe.
What is happening in XinJiang is exactly the contrary, and this may have frustrated the local people.

Oh OK. I understand better now.

Well, i love a good conspiracy theory myself but in order to believe it, it must be substantiated with facts not hearsay.

Indeed I said they "MAY" have tried to do this, since I don't give much credit to claim for the moment.

By the way, the local goverment of Urumqi have first claimed the involvement of Rebiya Kadeer in this riot. Later, someone connected her involvement to CIA/USA and Associates ...

If you have read the news, she directly called on for more "braver" and to further the fight on numerous internet sites. This is not even considering COVERT acts, for which she maintains direct connections with many individuals in Xinjiang. This is NOT mere heresay nor is it unsubstantiated.

It is no closed secret what her stance is. She is very vocal in her calls for violent actions. Terror groups with DIRECT links to her have been reprimanded. The fact she was given ASYLUM in the United States (using false excuse to receive medical treatment there) further solidifies the involvement of the USA. It is also no closed-door secret that the USA has openly supported terrorists activities with CIA involvement under the GUISE of "democracy movement" in countries all over the world (including China, Pakistan, Iran, Russia).

It is also no closed-door secret the zionist-media DISTORTS this event from its true nature -- that it is a PRE-MEDITATED TERRORIST ATTACK ON INNOCENTS WITH KNIVES, BATTONS, BUTCHER KNIVES, MACHETES, BATS!

How much more substantiation does one need before we recognize the TRUE nature of this evil MASSACRE of innocents??? :angry:

The reasons the bbs/blogs were frozen or removed was because people were very UPSET WITH THE TERROR ATTACK. It was a wise and RESPONSIBLE move to stem such emotional calls for "revenge" as it will only increase the j

Compare this with some of the comments which "cheered" for such attacks on innocent people. This speaks much to the 'calibre' of these individuals. The term Nazi refers to people who are so brainwashed in hatred that they fail to see the errors of their ways and CONDONE THESE EVIL & MALICIOUS BRUTALITY.

Do you see Koreans, or Japanese or Vietnamese or Taiwanese Chinese cheer on such cowardly terror acts??? Even though these nations are supposedly hostile towards China, their citizens DENOUNCE these acts. THIS IS CALLED HUMAN COMPASSION. :) I thank all the people who see beyond the superficial window-dressing of religion or race, and see people as HUMAN BEINGS. Don't you think it is uncompassionate to ignore and downgrade this terrorist atrocity based on someone's race or religion? How can you consider yourself 'enlightened' or 'holier-than-thou' with this degenerative attitude?

I know some Chinese hold animosity towards Japanese people for their past heinous crimes. There are competitive animosity with Koreans. But there's a saying, there are some supposed "enemies" who treat you with more compassion than certain supposed "friends". :smitten:

There's also another wise saying: It is only during times of extreme duress do you truly find out who your TRUE friends are. And I believe this has been revealed - actions speak louder than empty words and fake promises. :) Humanity will prevail.

Ah OK. Finally I think I am starting to understand what you have been complaining about. I think you might be wrong here.

1) The news was censored for right reasons, so criticizing that is bad. - Frankly most of us are on the fence on this one. Since all of us are outside China, I think there is no risk of riot spreading to other places and it should be safe for us to read the news. I don't trust the Chinese govt. nor the Uygur groups - So I'd like to read up as many news items as possible. I can't see what is wrong in reading up as much as you can.

2) But there's a saying, there are some supposed "enemies" who treat you with more compassion than certain supposed "friends".. - I don't know if you are talking about India or Pakistan. Either way nothing anyone posts here is either the Chinese govt., Indian govt. or Pak govt. positions. India and Pakistan allow people to post what they want on the internet.

3) Compare this with some of the comments which "cheered" for such attacks on innocent people. - I did not see any cheering ? Which posts are you talking about ?

Xinjiang has been a mixture of different ethnicities for thousands of years. It is generally the Hindu Fundamentalists which constantly attempt to use "Han" as some kind of hedgemonic "foreign" force when the truth is that the Turkic were ancient invaders into Xinjiang. Also no true Chinese who understands ancient history would fall folly to this petty division. Fact is the Dragon race has existed for longer than any other, it is an AMALGAMATION of different peoples. Has been and will be.

If you want to speak of ethnic cleansing, look to Occupied Palestine, Australia, America, Manipur/Nagaland/etc. Here you have FOREIGNERS who ethnically cleansed the ORIGINAL inhabitants. Sorry but you can't claim Uyghirs having more claim than Mongols or Hans or whatever.

If you have read the news, she directly called on for more "braver" and to further the fight on numerous internet sites. This is not even considering COVERT acts, for which she maintains direct connections with many individuals in Xinjiang. This is NOT mere heresay nor is it unsubstantiated.

It is no closed secret what her stance is. She is very vocal in her calls for violent actions. Terror groups with DIRECT links to her have been reprimanded. The fact she was given ASYLUM in the United States (using false excuse to receive medical treatment there) further solidifies the involvement of the USA. It is also no closed-door secret that the USA has openly supported terrorists activities with CIA involvement under the GUISE of "democracy movement" in countries all over the world (including China, Pakistan, Iran, Russia).

It is also no closed-door secret the zionist-media DISTORTS this event from its true nature -- that it is a PRE-MEDITATED TERRORIST ATTACK ON INNOCENTS WITH KNIVES, BATTONS, BUTCHER KNIVES, MACHETES, BATS!

How much more substantiation does one need before we recognize the TRUE nature of this evil MASSACRE of innocents??? :angry:

She seems to have denied the accusations. Anyway, who is she ? This is the first time I have heard her name.

Exclusive interview: Uighur leader Rebiya Kadeer - Channel 4 News

LH: You claim that the demonstration was peaceful, however we have a lot of evidence which you can't deny, that the Uighurs killed Han Chinese. What is your response?

RK: My reaction is that killing is absolutely unacceptable. If people did kill others I condemn it, but the people demonstrated peacefully and the Government used armed force, with machine guns, and were heavy handed and turned the people's protest into violence. When 800 Uighurs were butchered by 10 000 Chinese in Guangdong the police did nothing, and didn’t save the Uighurs. And I believe this action created a lot of anger among Uighurs. Chinese people beat up Uighurs and Uighurs beat up Chinese in return – it's China's official policy.

LH: What should Uighurs do now?

RK: Uighurs should make their demands in a peaceful way. They should understand that it was the Chinese government which created the problems between Uighurs and Chinese, but there shouldn't be this problem between people. The Chinese government should also listen to Uighur people's demands and not oppress the Uighurs. How could Uighurs accept such brutality, killing and arresting innocent Uighurs?

Back
Top Bottom