What's new

CRPF asks govt to replace Insas guns with AK rifles

What I find incredible is that your army conducted a long range patrol deep into enemy territory, killed a platoon of Indian soldiers and went back, and none of us knew about it.

I have already used google and provided you with a screenshot. If you can't substantiate wild yarns, don't spin them.

How many indian soldiers have died in IOK, in the last two decades, and you will have your answer, I stand by my claim, here it is again.

A Pakistan Spec Ops team on Lurps - encountered an indian army patrol in an ambush - not all the indians were KIA, a few escaped, but the result was complete decimation of the indian platoon, weapons and "effects" were recovered from the soldiers including personal items.

When the INSAS rifles were inspected - a few had been found to have jammed, on closer inspection it was noted that there was dirt, in the parts, also was noted that among the personal effects - not all the soldiers had been issued cleaning kits, now either some of them had been left behind at base, or cleaning kits are not part of the standard kit, that comes with the rifle.

Further - during the INSAS rifle's life among the indian security forces, and subsequent many times it has been captured, the Pakistani Army commissioned a study on it's capabilities, in that study - various flaws were discovered.

You are free to believe this or not, the choice is yours.

How many indian soldiers have died in IOK, in the last two decades, and you will have your answer, I stand by my claim, here it is again.

A Pakistan Spec Ops team on Lurps - encountered an indian army patrol in an ambush - not all the indians were KIA, a few escaped, but the result was complete decimation of the indian platoon, weapons and "effects" were recovered from the soldiers including personal items.

When the INSAS rifles were inspected - a few had been found to have jammed, on closer inspection it was noted that there was dirt, in the parts, also was noted that among the personal effects - not all the soldiers had been issued cleaning kits, now either some of them had been left behind at base, or cleaning kits are not part of the standard kit, that comes with the rifle.

Further - during the INSAS rifle's life among the indian security forces, and subsequent many times it has been captured, the Pakistani Army commissioned a study on it's capabilities, in that study - various flaws were discovered.

You are free to believe this or not, the choice is yours.

Yea, I already read the story. Repeating it doesn't make it any more credible. You also said that google will give me links - but you haven't been able to find a single one when asked, right? Contrary to your earlier claim? Under such circumstances, the only response I need to make to your fable is:

cool-story-bro.jpg

Yea, I already read the story. Repeating it doesn't make it any more credible. You also said that google will give me links - but you haven't been able to find a single one when asked, right? Contrary to your earlier claim? Under such circumstances, the only response I need to make to your fable is:

View attachment 152029

Thank you :) Again I repeat - you are free to believe or dis-believe my assertions. Good day.

Thank you :) Again I repeat - you are free to believe or dis-believe my assertions. Good day.
Yea, we both know I'm free to believe or disbelieve. Take a guess as to what I would choose to do? Takea guess about what anybody who read your posts on this thread would do? Even better, imagine an Indian member writing this about Indian LRRPs in Pakistani territory, claiming that google will provide corroboration, and then failing to provide any? Would you believe that person, or disbelieve him? Now you can imagine what anybody with half a brain would do, after reading all your posts on this thread.:rofl:

wasnt there A news that insas is going to get replaced by tavor in naxalite hit areas?

INSAS must be gods own weapon since indians made it- the looney tooners doesn't need new guns- they need better training on how to handle those godly weapons-

Yea, we both know I'm free to believe or disbelieve. Take a guess as to what I would choose to do? Takea guess about what anybody who read your posts on this thread would do? Even better, imagine an Indian member writing this about Indian LRRPs in Pakistani territory, claiming that google will provide corroboration, and then failing to provide any? Would you believe that person, or disbelieve him? Now you can imagine what anybody with half a brain would do, after reading all your posts on this thread.:rofl:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Of course your very reaction is testament - that these series of events has credibility, and you replying again and again. :coffee:

................................AND then you woke up....:coffee:

I have personally spoken with some Indian solidires...and one said I would choose AK if I had given a choice between INSAS and AK....This shows the troops do not believe in INSAS....May be they are true that those are bad weapons or it is just a propoganda agianst that weapon....But now INSAS is fading away slowly from Indian's fighting force...DRDO should do more to improve INSAS's image....

And can anyone tell me what happened to that FINSAS project???????

On topic: How come it is not good enough for the CRPF, when it is the standard rifle of the infantry?

@vk17 : Could you explain?

CRPF has initial version of INSAS i.e.IA, a specimen of highly inferior metallurgy( to the limit that it seems the manufacturer is trolling our soldiers), while other orgs. have later versions IB and IB fold butt( these are much much improved versions with decent metallurgy). In my opinion if you make its metal at par with AK, it will be a way better weapon than AK.but then who will look after the family and expenses of our mai baaps of arms factories ??

Well, somebody in this thread asked whether they are maintaining it properly? I have also the same question in my mind. If they do not maintain it well, then AKs will also flop!!

Bhai mere, they have very strict system of monitoring the maintenance of weapon, they carry out quarterly inspection of every weapon by a qualified team and annual inspection by the central team. Their one bad remark gets advisory to Coy Cmdr and warning/ fine to the individual. apart from this they have many arms work shops to immediate repair any major fault of weapon. For minor repair they have three or four armorers in each BNs who put up their arms repair registers before QM for perusal.
The realty lies in sub standard quality of materiel. The AK is maintenance free almost.

On topic: How come it is not good enough for the CRPF, when it is the standard rifle of the infantry?

@vk17 : Could you explain?

Brother INSAS has serious problem of jamming. Even it gets usually jammed while Annual Range Classification fire. X-95 is even worst. Had explained about it in detail, in earlier posts.

Therefore this weapon not fit for CI or anti Naxal ops where reaction time window is very small. Most of the CI ops unit use AK series only be it RR or other special forces.

Even I carry AK only. Its not about our Indian rifle INSAS, its about my life, I can't risk it for DRDO's indigenous product:coffee:

Lets face it.. the crpf are thullas... the cobras are thullas with expensive gear n front facing cameras

You really seems to be chairborne ranger. Please show some respect to the soilders who are laying life for our nation. Thousand of CRPF soilders had laid life in recently, in area, in anti naxal ops, anti militant ops in Kashmir and anti insurgency ops in North East India.

Infact fighting in every disturbed theater of India. Saving this nation's integrity since decades.

Please don't blabber anything without adequate knowledge.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom