What's new

Crossing borders : World’s cheapest car to be launched in Pakistan

Thank you all for your input. If it ever did cross the border, i am sure going to buy one. It has decent looks and definitely much better then Mehran also known as maruti in India. Lets just hope that it does cross over and also that TATA provides the same 40000kms and after sales service in Pakistan like the one they are providing in India.
According to TATA Motors,the Nano(Designed by Pininfarina) has 21% more interior space when compared to the Maruti 800/Mehran.It is more fuel efficient than a Maruti 800 and is considerably safer.........According to automobile experts,the Maruti 800 has the worst brakes for an Indian car:lol:
TATA's(diesel engines) are reliable and fuel efficient[Own experience] but I do not know about the petrol engines.The service centers were pathetic before but dunno how the quality has improved now!

Thank you all for your input. If it ever did cross the border, i am sure going to buy one. It has decent looks and definitely much better then Mehran also known as maruti in India. Lets just hope that it does cross over and also that TATA provides the same 40000kms and after sales service in Pakistan like the one they are providing in India.

Tata has bad reputation in after sale service department. And no company can beat maruti/suzuki in India in that.

Mehran VXR CNG Rs. 568,500
(568 500 Pakistan rupees = 300,000 indian rupees)

What about the motorcycle market in Pakistan? Does they have high demand for 150cc-250cc bikes?

According to TATA Motors,the Nano(Designed by Pininfarina) has 21% more interior space when compared to the Maruti 800/Mehran.It is more fuel efficient than a Maruti 800 and is considerably safer.........According to automobile experts,the Maruti 800 has the worst brakes for an Indian car:lol:
TATA's(diesel engines) are reliable and fuel efficient[Own experience] but I do not know about the petrol engines.The service centers were pathetic before but dunno how the quality has improved now!

thats because they have done deals with private garages..i have seen some private garages turning into tata service centers

We need to expand our local car industry and create more jobs. India car manufacturers should not be allowed until we settle water disputes with India.

The giants (like toyota, suzuki, honda) will net let so, remember the car launched by Adam motor co. named Revo. it was designed car with korean engine in it. Which has now been discontinued due to financial crises, as the Pak suzuki discontinued all the orders from sister concern of Adam motor company, just bcaz of that car, as the same was substitute for Mehran, with better quality and low price.
Note. sister concern of Adam Motor is pioneer in manufacturing plastic moulded parts for toyota, honda, suzuki etc.

However, Indian bikes can be better option, they will get good response like chinese bikes ruined the market of honda, suzuki, yamaha etc.

I raised a question in another similar thread, let me repeat it here, is any 1 from the Indian side is currently driving it? or has anyone drove it in the past? The reason i am asking is that the engine is only 2 cylinder. How can a 2 cylinder engine produce enough power to drive a car, how long will it take before the engine finally gives up?

dont forget the motorcycle rickshaw which carries 8 passengers with one cylinder.

009.jpg

What about the motorcycle market in Pakistan? Does they have high demand for 150cc-250cc bikes?

There is only one 150cc bike in Pakistan and that is suzuki 150cc forget the 250 cc and no they are not at all popular in Pakistan. Bikes in Pakistan are from the 80s and pathetic.

Actually an old Indian bike model is sold in Pakistan IINM. it is Kinetic motors(now defunct) "Striker" a 2003-2004 model basically intended for fuel efficiency. It is called "Habib Stryker" ?
Kinetic Stryker --->
kinetic-stryker.jpg

Habib Stryker ---->
186403-Ravi-Piaggio-or-Habib-Stryker-Photo-0006.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom