What's new

Crossing borders : World’s cheapest car to be launched in Pakistan

It is a FLOP in Indian Market. Now they are looking out in PK and BD. Good Luck.

I said long before that the car will be a Flop. I seen this kind from Yogoslavia and drove one name Yugo... 10 years back.. hahahaha

Why do you think they are comparable. Based on what?
Price? Looks?

And it is neither hit nor flop in India. Tata had few issues, they resolved it and now sale is picking up. Dont know the future.

Pakistan and bangladesh are big potential market for this type of car( where ever you have people using bike for commuting and want a safer and cheap option)

It is a FLOP in Indian Market. Now they are looking out in PK and BD. Good Luck.

I said long before that the car will be a Flop. I seen this kind from Yogoslavia and drove one name Yugo... 10 years back.. hahahaha
Yeah it is a flop and thats why we want to dump on BD and PK ...

Coming from a guy whose country import all "used beyond recognition" cars from all over the world.

I just have one question for you... Understand the word 'statistics'? I tried to simplify it for you and you still come back with a theorotical nonesense of a reply, which just highlighted that there is always some sinister ulterior motive...

Just trying to help you understand, again!... 10,000 units of this car were sold in all of India in 1 month... This figure went as low as 500 units a month due to technical snags and came back... and on a running average that means 1,20,000 or more cars will be sold in a year... Now, you can trust atleast Indian consumer to make a good decision and award a 6% market share to this puny, FLOP car?

To give you a context of the scale (as to how large/small is this car's market already)... currently , the whole of BD does cars sales of 30000 units a year... {Link: Mitsubishi plans big for Bangladesh | Bangladesh Economic News } and this small car has not canniblized a single existing car's market... It has created a new market and that is the magic of this car and more importantly, the idea of this car! And, to highlight another dimension (of the future potential)... China does 1.5million cars a month (10 times that of India, some 100-150 times that of Pakistan and 600 times that of BD)... Just talking about the potential that exists ahead for such ideas in our kind of high potential markets...

Sorry, if I side tracked a bit, but we should call a good product, a good product and respect the consumerism around it, that is making it a success... I am a Capitalist by heart! Jeez!

This car (and more importantly, crazy ideas like these) has the potential to change the dynamics of consumption and help improve consumption levels in the lower middle class (where me and my parents proudly come from) and thus help economic activity in emerging economies like ours and yours... And for your information, sum total of all that increased production adds to the magical number we all know as 'GDP growth rate'... and I am sure as hell, such ideas will rock in our countries, be it India, Pakistan or Bangladesh... If you need any additional analysis etc which is based on logic, I will be happy to be of help!

Cheers!

Some people are making opinion to early. When A car cost just Rs one lakh comes in market people first try to get feed back about it before buying it. It is a matter of common sense. However it is said nano's sale has been increased by 180% this year which is healthy.

maruti always had a trusted sales,service network and tata is yet to catch up. people who bought tata's Indica in 1998-2001 would have literally may got shocked about tata's quality standards with their new car(at that time). in brief, quality was never comparable to even maruti's.
later, that changed with version 2 Indica(V2). now with tata nano, there was some technical snag with electricals and placement of battery. that was resolved and now Tata Nano V2(version 2) is what I think Tatas are selling out in India. It is always fine to buy a new car than importing a disfigured pile of old junk cars carrying japanese or euro brands like some of our neighbours do. ;)

WHo will be intrested in driving a crappy paper car with an engine lifted form scooter?? when Nissan and Mitsu has much better electrical alternative. And Pakistan has launched its own electric car which can go 60-80km per charge...enough for intercity driving.

WHo will be intrested in driving a crappy paper car

Middle class families those who cant buy expensive cars

with an engine lifted form scooter??

But how do you know about engine ???

I am heart that even motorcycle imported in Pakistan ??

when Nissan and Mitsu has much better electrical alternative.

And what about cost ???

And Pakistan has launched its own electric car which can go 60-80km per charge...enough for intercity driving.

Can you post pic of your own electric car :lol:

WHo will be intrested in driving a crappy paper car with an engine lifted form scooter?? when Nissan and Mitsu has much better electrical alternative. And Pakistan has launched its own electric car which can go 60-80km per charge...enough for intercity driving.

Care to post the model name and price so that we can compare the features and see how they stand?
Everybody knows this is a value for money car for low end customer, but you are welcome to compare it with more expensive car.

Tata Nano is not electric car, it is a petrol car.

Let us wait and watch how many cars TATAs will be able to sale in Pakistan.

Business men in Pak surely know their markets..

No one puts money where their mouth is unless they are sure of the returns

Cost pf suzuki mehran in pakista is ~ 5lac PKR

new-suzuki-mehran-2011-wallpaper-6.jpg

Yes. Who will be? Tata should hire you as its Chief Market Strategist. You know so many things that the dolts at Tata don't.

Cost pf suzuki mehran in pakista is ~ 5lac PKR

new-suzuki-mehran-2011-wallpaper-6.jpg

And a Nano would come at half of that price (obviously the engine could have lower HP)... Doesn't that make it a stronger proposition commercially (irrespective of our subjective bias etc) for lower middle class (i.e. people who are still on bikes or find it difficult to buy a 5lakh rupee car and have 3-4 family members and want to buy a car)?

I don't understand why something which works from an economic standpoint is frowned upon for no valid reasons?

This mehran abt which they are talking will be near 2 lakhs in india...if this is the case then tata nano shud be 3.5-4 lks in pakistan...
vehicles are costly in pak..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom