What's new

Criticism of the army

I believe the correct expression is 'go scot-free' ! :whistle:

But don't you agree that the Politicians should do Politics and the Army should do Soldering - Each should stick to their Constitutional domain and respect each other ?
whatever!

Maybe the Army has lost its sheen due to the fact that it is up to its neck in business ventures - from malls to transportation/logistics, running into billions of dollars.

True, much of the funds go for welfare of retired soldiers, and families of those slain during war. But then these commercial activities go much farther than this. All at the expense of others in the civil society who are not allowed into this hallowed domain. In other words, most lucrative businesses are the sole prerogative of the army. This needless to say creates frustration among general public and one of the reasons for the chasm between them.
The army is running businesses that are properly audited and the companies run by the army are the most sought after because they give the most bang for the buck, eg FWO, Fauji cements etc, our army is nothing like some of our neighbors whose entire military is mired by massive (proven) corruption scandals involving crores of rupees.....

The army is running businesses that are properly audited and the companies run by the army are the most sought after because they give the most bang for the buck, eg FWO, Fauji cements etc, our army is nothing like some of our neighbors whose entire military is mired by massive (proven) corruption scandals involving crores of rupees.....

Wow

Those last 2 lines were delusional.
Looks like discussion here is a waste of time.

Even indian army has bad apples but comparing that corruption to settqgng of factories,malls and owning huge bungalows and stretches of land is downright absurd!

But don't you agree that the Politicians should do Politics and the Army should do Soldering - Each should stick to their Constitutional domain and respect each other ?
The army cant just sit on its rear when the nation is on the brink of ripping itself apart.....:what:

Wow

Those last 2 lines were delusional.
Looks like discussion here is a waste of time.

Even indian army has bad apples but comparing that corruption to settqgng of factories,malls and owning huge bungalows and stretches of land is downright absurd!
I can give you links if you desire, I can back my allegations unlike some members here.....
The corruption involved the top brass....

The army cant just sit on its rear when the nation is on the brink of ripping itself apart.....:what:

The Army can & must learn to sit on its rear when the nation is on the brink of ripping itself apart because their job is wholly and solely to prepare for the day of reckoning when Pakistan goes to War; that is what they are trained for and that is what their duty demands of them !

Let the Bureaucrats and the Politicians run the country !

And lets be honest with ourselves most of the time the nation was't on the brink of ripping itself apart when the Army took over !

you had to pinpoint it....i know you didnt actually want to have discussion on the subject...but wanted some usual arguments! and im not in mood of that all the time!

I just can't understand whats with this personal enmity that you've developed against me. Taking issue with the most trivial of things; imagine if one were to take issue with a myriad such posts of yours how many 'whatevers' would be coming out of our mouths !

Fine, I won't quote you again; I wish you all the best ma'am....I really do...you won't hear from me again !

Last edited:
That is the tragedy of Pakistan, in a nutshell, when the so-called "guardians" themselves are the ones raping the rule of law.
The tragedy of Pakistan is the harmkhoor corrupt like no examples around and eating and sucking the nation when ever they have chance to do that is our so called Polshitians! Hassan Nisar say words of wisdom. There is only one chance to get back the Pakistan on track is in hand of Pak army and judicial system.
These bloody polishitans just playing and fooling the nation all the time. That's why whenever Army took over no one come to protests.

I can give you links if you desire, I can back my allegations unlike some members here.....
not to forget how during natural calamities,the Army is always there helping the affectees while the civilians even then dont miss a chance of doing corruption in the funds allocated to them for the calamity....sub kuch tu army hi kurti hey....

The Army can & must learn to sit on its rear when the nation is on the brink of ripping itself apart because their job is wholly and solely to prepare for the day of reckoning when Pakistan goes to War; that is what they are trained for and that is what their duty demands of them !

And lets be honest with ourselves most of the time the nation was't on the brink of ripping itself apart when the Army took over !
So lets be loyal to democracy rather than be loyal to Pakistan, that a great plan, wrora.....:sad:
Pakistan was under serious economic threat at the times whenever military rule was introduced

not to forget how during natural calamities,the Army is always there helping the affectees while the civilians even then dont miss a chance of doing corruption in the funds allocated to them for the calamity....sub kuch tu army hi kurti hey....
lets not forget that we have several civilian government departments with the sole purpose of dealing with natural calamities, all they do is collect their pay and then forsake the affected during calamities, ultimately the army has to come to the aid of the civilian government....

So lets be loyal to democracy rather than be loyal to Pakistan, that a great plan, wrora.....:sad:
Pakistan was under serious economic threat at the times whenever military rule was introduced

No wrrora lets stop asking for a miracle either in the form of a military takeover or another Quaid-e-Azam to be born in our midst & let us - the People - get off our buttts and build the country up as it should be !

Let the soldiers prepare themselves for War & let the politicians prepare themselves for Statesmenship and let us ensure that we join the bureaucracy, the army, the judiciary, the private sector, politics etc. to bring change from the inside....to end the corruption and nepotism that has crippled this country !

I just can't understand whats with this personal enmity that you've developed against me. Taking issue with the most trivial of things; imagine if one were to take issue with a myriad such posts of yours how many 'whatevers' would be coming out of our mouths !

Fine, I won't quote you again; I wish you all the best ma'am....I really do...you won't hear from me again !
you are overly sensitive so i often avoid replying to your posts of usual teasing on serious threads.....so that you dont get hurt....your not a girl!...plz behave like a man or a brother you often claim it to be....

warning mujeh milti hey bad may to derail a thread...while you are given favours by the mods....

lets not derail this thread!

Let the soldiers prepare themselves for War & let the politicians prepare themselves for Statesmenship and let us ensure that we join the bureaucracy, the army, the judiciary, the private sector, politics etc. to bring change from the inside....to end the corruption and nepotism that has crippled this country !
I personally dont have any faith in my fellow Pakistanis, if I had my way I would pogrom more than 70 percent of our population, the political leaders being the first to be pogromed, they have turned my country into shit for long enough....:mad:

We have freedom to investigate army unlike in pakistan.
Not to pick a fight but almost anyone on this forum knows that pakistani generals in general earn far far more than their indian counterparts.

But lets not derail the thread and focus on topic at hand here:)

I personally dont have any faith in my fellow Pakistanis, if I had my way I would pogrom more than 70 percent of our population, the political leaders being the first to be pogromed, they have turned my country into shit for long enough....:mad:

I want a Renaissance not a Revolution ! :)

Back
Top Bottom