What's new

Cricket Stadiums and pitches

Pakistani stadiums look run down. The cricket board needs money desperately. Hope security situation improves soon and cricket can return to Pakistan.

Any photos of the renovated Lahore Stadium?

But some Pakistanis here were saying that money is not the problem with PCB, its internal politics n corruption that is destroying Pakistan cricket

Pakistani stadiums look run down. The cricket board needs money desperately. Hope security situation improves soon and cricket can return to Pakistan.

Any photos of the renovated Lahore Stadium?

Lahore stadium is provided on my first post. Its called 'Ghaddafi Stadium' When there is no international cricket, then why would people bother renovating it? I think the best of the lot is either Lahore or Abbotabad.
India's grass colour seems green, maybe because your country itself is quite tropical. You have done a fine job for your stadium overall anyways. obviously for us, you can't expect cities like Karachi and Multan to be lush. Temperatures there can reach high 40s in Karachi, and 50 degrees Celsius in Multan...

Lahore stadium is provided on my first post. Its called 'Ghaddafi Stadium' When there is no international cricket, then why would people bother renovating it? I think the best of the lot is either Lahore or Abbotabad.

India's grass colour seems green, maybe because your country itself is quite tropical. You have done a fine job for your stadium overall anyways. obviously for us, you can't expect cities like Karachi and Multan to be lush. Temperatures there can reach high 40s in Karachi, and 50 degrees Celsius in Multan...

Nah last I heard it was under renovation and some issues were going on,

20080205_s02.jpg

I remember when the grass on Indian grounds used to look like crap, and I used to be awestruck looking at the Kiwi and Aussie grounds, with their carefully manicured grass.

Its got to do with money for sure, Dubai ke registan main jab itni green grass ho sakti hai, to phir Multan aur Karachi main bhi ho sakti hai.

Nah last I heard it was under renovation and some issues were going on,

20080205_s02.jpg

I remember when the grass on Indian grounds used to look like crap, and I used to be awestruck looking at the Kiwi and Aussie grounds, with their carefully manicured grass.

Its got to do with money for sure, Dubai ke registan main jab itni green grass ho sakti hai, to phir Multan aur Karachi main bhi ho sakti hai.

Well i think Dubai uses artificial grass. i remember few months back, when it was Pakistan vs Srlilanka, Afridi injured his knee badly. He said after the game that the grass is not soft....
You maybe right, it probably has to do with the money as well. I am not too sure, maybe Dubai has imported it instead and for us to do it would be expensive...

Lahore:
Gaddafi_Stadium.png

4022269300_fef1442aff_z.jpg

Seems like this is the improved stadium...

I think the ring of fire like the one in Dubai should replace flood lights now days in all stadiums...

after watching football these stadiums look pretty ordinary :P

you can't expect cities like Karachi and Multan to be lush. Temperatures there can reach high 40s in Karachi, and 50 degrees Celsius in Multan...

Not true. Have you seen Abu Dhabi and Dubai stadium? The place is as hot and humid as Karachi but look at the lush green outfield. Our grass variety has a problem. Even in LAhor and Islamabad its not as lush green as it should be.

Back
Top Bottom