What's new

CPEC was slowed down by General Bajwa - Moeed Pirzada

The Chinese love the corrupt being in Pakistan, it's easy to take advantage of them for more favourable deals as long as you keep them happy.

We need a balanced policy in regards to what is best for us, who gives a **** what food Bajwa likes. Neither China nor America genuinely cares about your interests, they have their own personal motives and want to grow at any cost, this weird obsession with friendships or whatever in politics in pure brain rot.
Pakistan needs to financially independent that means no loans from GCC, China, IMF or who ever.

It's a disgrace that a country of 200+ million to literally has to beg countries for a couple of billions of dollars. Which other country this size has is so financially dependent on others except maybe Nigeria?

I am not hating on Pakistan, but we seriously need to question why a country of 200+ million is this broke?

Less than 1% of Pakistanis pay taxes and people are wondering why we are in this mess?

How much is the Chinese investment in Gwadar worth? 62 Billion dollars right? Let me tell you something... That's is absolutely nothing. If Pakistanis actually paid taxes the government would be collecting close 100 billion USD in tax revenue every year.

Most Pakistanis dont know this because the corrupt politicians have kept a large percentage of our uneducated. Ever wondered why Pakistan's spends so little on education ? It's because the corrupt politicians want it this way. They know that if the majority of Pakistanis get educated they would not be in for long career.

Look at the Sahiwal Coal Power Plant. It’s a fking case study on how not to invest.

The coal is imported, bang in the middle of prime agricultural land, using imported coal, and far away from the port.

The Chinese are happy investing knowing the returns are guaranteed by the state.

And Sharifs/Zardaris along with the whole supply chain get their cut.

When you pulverize your country perpetually, there will come a day when the proverbial goose just dies.

Moeed Pirzada has an avowedly pro-PTI narrative so everything that comes from him has to be considered from this PoV. It might as well be Imran Riaz Khan stating these things. I wrote to MP a few times and then he stopped responding since I countered some of the things he said and my critique wasn't even anti-PTI and pro-chorrs, mind you!

What is missed out by MP is that Pakistan's military looks at Pakistan pragmatically and not from the lens of "feel good" optics. China has and will remain Pakistan's partner and that is not up to Gen Bajwa or anyone else to change. However, the US is just as important based on what follows below. Our urge has always been to show up as a stupidly jilted lover who goes from one love to another just because the first one has rejected us. So when things tighten up with the Americans, we run to the Russians and Chinese like idiots and our leadership starts making stupid statements as well. When nothing is forthcoming from Russians, we run back to the Americans and likewise between KSA, Iran and Turkiye etc. this pendulum keeps on swinging. This is a classic case of how not to manage FP.

The issue is, what is Pakistan to do with massive external dependencies on the US/West and International Monetary Institutions (IMI)? China has not been and cannot be a replacement for any of these at least in the near future (I say out to 10-15 years if its growth is not interrupted). China's model has not been like that of the US where, an an example, the latter funds Israel with direct $s for economic and military aid. Our bad habits and mis-governance compounds whatever Chinese or even Americans do for Pakistan.

On top of this, even Pakistan's traditional partners in the Middle East are not willing to support Pakistan (this was happening in PTI's time so don't assign this as a problem for the incumbents) financially if Pakistan is not in a formal program with Western backed IMIs.

So anyone, including MP, playing this as Gen Bajwa's anti-China, pro-US card is lying to the Pakistani public and what is disappointing is in that he knows better but in the interest of politics, chooses to whittle down this complex topic to Gen Bajwa's preferences. Pakistan's military/establishment's outlook is not decided by the CoAS, it is by the entire senior leadership of the armed forces.

From a purely military lens, our armed forces prefer western gear due to its high-tech value and quality (specially the US origin one), vs. Chinese which is relatively simple and more limited in terms of capabilities. Chinese too realize this, thus they are constantly copying US design (let's keep national pride out of this). Perhaps Chinese require another 10-20 years to have even more high-tech capabilities but the US largess to Pakistan and the infusion of technology as well as offers of training officers in more modern combat concepts (which the Chinese greatly lack as they do not venture beyond their domain unlike the expeditionary Americans) are things that have to be considered for Pakistan to defend itself against an enormous India.

Lastly, CPEC should be accelerated and returns should have already been realized, but let's also accept that there were spoilers before Gen Bajwa and there are spoilers now after Gen Bajwa's tenure because quite a few countries/entities are against this project. Gen Bajwa stood up an entire division to protect the Chinese workers but then they were targeted inside our cities. What can the military possibly do about these types of actions by foreign funded terrorists? So challenges abound, I think it is sort of unfair to lay them on the feet of one person only.

Gen Bajwa made plenty of mistakes. I am no fan of his (given the harm done to the army in his tenure) but I also believe there should be fairness in critique and in this regard, PTI is on the looney end. If I recall correctly, at one time, he was PTI's darling (kha makhwa sir pay charhaiya General sahib ko PTI leadership nay by giving him an extension aur phir uss kay baat aap rotay ho aur uss hi kay nuqs nikaltay ho), where is your responsibility in all of this?

Last edited:
Pakistan needs to financially independent that means no loans from GCC, China, IMF or who ever.

It's a disgrace that a country of 200+ million to literally has to beg countries for a couple of billions of dollars. Which other country this size has is so financially dependent on others except maybe Nigeria?

I am not hating on Pakistan, but we seriously need to question why a country of 200+ million is this broke?

Less than 1% of Pakistanis pay taxes and people are wondering why we are in this mess?

How much is the Chinese investment in Gwadar worth? 62 Billion dollars right? Let me tell you something... That's is absolutely nothing. If Pakistanis actually paid taxes the government would be collecting close 100 billion USD in tax revenue every year.

Most Pakistanis dont know this because the corrupt politicians have kept a large percentage of our uneducated. Ever wondered why Pakistan's spends so little on education ? It's because the corrupt politicians want it this way. They know that if the majority of Pakistanis get educated they would not be in for long career.
Pakistanis are VERY heavily indirectly taxed. Where does it go? Fuel for the ministers? The middle and lower class are already suffering

Pakistanis are VERY heavily indirectly taxed. Where does it go? Fuel for the ministers? The middle and lower class are already suffering
How so? Nothing even close to what expat Pakistanis pay in taxes to their adopted countries.

The lower, middle and upper classes are all suffering because except for the sorry salaried class which is taxed (corporate sector, government/armed forces), nobody pays taxes as per their due and thus get no worthwhile services from the government.

Everyone is on the mufta train but talk pejoratively about government not delivering. The government is nangi, bhooki because they have no revenue.

Let me put another issue to rest. Even if *all* of NS and Zardari's looted wealth was brought back, Pakistan's budget deficit for even one year would not be addressed.

These are the facts of the situation on hand so while this talk of looted wealth overseas sells to get elected, it isn't solving our basic problem which is to bridge the budget deficit through taxation and (preferably) through revenue generation. However, taxes cannot be ignored and Pakistanis not paying their due share is criminal and treasonous to the country they live in. Along with BD, shamefully Pakistanis pay the lowest amount of taxes per capita in South Asia!

Will have to fix the tax system for that

This is propaganda. Gen Bajwa had nothing to do with damaging our foreign relationships with the Chinese / Russians / KSA / USA / UAE and EU! It's sad and terrible to portray a person as a "champion for democracy" when he benefits your democracy and literally raises it like a child and curse him and name him when he leaves. I think our political system needs to mature up. Start getting elected on AGENDA vs. by calling each other traitors / thieves / corrupt and all and START DELIVERING to the people!

Sitting on asses for 4 years without doing anything but verbal diarrhea has gotten old. We as a nation have a lot of challenges and ONLY TALK can't fix them. Armed forces give their lives on daily basis. Our politicians, ALL of them, will gladly send their children to USA and UK but not even 1% sends them to serve the nation at the borders putting their life at risk (a totally contradictory practice as in other western nation's, the higher you go, the stronger the military background matters)! It's time we fix the direction of this ship and get off "propaganda for laziness" approach!
Believe it or not our leader as well take inspiration from india in running the country to some extent look at india the modi regime puts all the blame on previous congress for every bad thing happens in the country with media in its pocket while warming the chair doing nothing same thing is going on in pakistan unfortunately.

Believe it or not our leader as well take inspiration from india in running the country to some extent look at india the modi regime puts all the blame on previous congress for every bad thing happens in the country with media in its pocket while warming the chair doing nothing same thing is going on in pakistan unfortunately.

Same thing "is" going on or same thing "was" going on? The past 4 years have been so horrible that the entire military establishment had to retract their stance on Mr. Khan. He didn't do a thing and just ran the entire nation on media. Had he met expectations and had DELIVERED something, he would still be the PM until 2028! It probably was the worst experiment ever took place. No one is going to sit around and see the entire country of 220 million people go down the drain.

I hope the PEOPLE start to think with sense. Support whoever they want to, BUT make sure to hold these politicians accountable for DELIVERY. Without expanding Public Welfare and National Growth, no politician deserves to get re-elected. People need to make sure the politicians understand that they MUST deliver and people need to hold them responsible to ensure they will work with Public interest. Not work by fooling people through media and other propaganda!

Back
Top Bottom