What's new

CPEC FAQ

Reaction score
Country
India
Is there any thread for FAQs on CPEC? If a thread on CPEC FAQs is already there, direct me to it or let this thread be for asking common questions about CPEC.

Edit-Add: Since people are jumping to conclusions and making wrong guesses, I will ask the FIRST QUESTION here itself.

So the FIRST QUESTION of the thread is:

#1: Just when will CPEC start? When will be the first brick of CPEC construction on ground zero be laid?

Last edited:
I have one question on CPEC but both Pakistanis and Chinese are dodging that question.

I know its about high interest rates and how is Pakistan going to pay for it. I think Pakistan govt has a plan that once time comes to pay the loan they will establish good relations with India and ask them to pay the loans

Is there any thread for FAQs on CPEC? If a thread on CPEC FAQs is already there, direct me to it or let this thread be for asking common questions about CPEC.
Why Indians are so obsessed with Pakistan and CPEC? If it is not good for Pakistan they should be happy to leave us believing that it is good but in fact as per Indian claims it will ruin our economy further then why these nuisance of PDF not leaving it to us.
@RescueRanger
Sir u have any cure for this obsession which tells me that we are on right track which even Indian kids can't digest it.

#2: What are the origins of CPEC? Whose idea was it? When was it first thought of?

Seems like a benign question but i m sure there is a sickening twist somewhere

Why Indians are so obsessed with Pakistan and CPEC? If it is not good for Pakistan they should be happy to leave us believing that it is good but in fact as per Indian claims it will ruin our economy further then why these nuisance of PDF not leaving it to us.
@RescueRanger
Sir u have any cure for this obsession which tells me that we are on right track which even Indian kids can't digest it.

Because it opens up international trade and modhi project 2017 was "isolate" Pakistan. We all know how well that went!

#1: Just when will CPEC start? When will be the first brick of CPEC construction on ground zero be laid?
The road network already exists but a lot of work still needs to be done.. in short

Road network will be operational by 2022
Rail by 2030
Energy projects by 2022
Industrial zones by 2030
Mass transit by 2025

Some related projevts between 2018 to 2030 and the mutual cooperation is likely to continue after that year

#2: What are the origins of CPEC? Whose idea was it? When was it first thought of?
Chinese conceived it for their own benefits while Pakistanis always knew the importance of Gwadar and such an idea was always floated since GoP bought Gwadar from Oman however the idea of finally establishing the port of Gwadar was conceived in late 1990s and fulfilled in early 2000s whilst the Chinese started taking it seriously after 2013 and conceived the idea of what is now CPEC

Edit-Add: Since people are jumping to conclusions and making wrong guesses, I will ask the FIRST QUESTION here itself.

So the FIRST QUESTION of the thread is:

#3: PDF members know about CPEC bcoz they are educated, know English and many even travel to abroad. But do the less privileged Pakistanis who don't know English know about CPEC?

Any official maps for CPEC alignment?

Sorry for the multiple posts, trying to reach the 5 post requirement. I have been looking for an/any official map for CPEC alignment, but haven't found any so far. I'll try to post one that I have shortly.

Hi all!

Hi all!

Any official maps for CPEC alignment?

Sorry for the multiple posts, trying to reach the 5 post requirement. I have been looking for an/any official map for CPEC alignment, but haven't found any so far. I'll try to post one that I have shortly.

Hi all!

Hi all!

There is no alignment, there was a lot of controversy about alignment, a lot of politicking and mud slinging that eventually lead a route alignment controversy. I spoke in greater detail about it here. (scroll down to the route alignment controversy article from a news source)

I'll break it down a simple way here, CPEC is NOT a road, it's not a network of roads, nor is it a route. It's very large portfolio of investments that is focused mainly on energy and infrastructure in Pakistan. Which includes networks of roads and rail. These infrastructure links are then extended to the border with China and link to Kashgar. As a part of CPEC, a convenient link between Gwadar and Kashgar has been on the cards for over a decade, and it too is now included under the umbrella of CPEC investments.

In truth, both the political parties and especially the retarded media do a massive disservice to the projects by dumbing down CPEC, and assuming it's one massive 16 lane highway between Gwadar and Kashgar. It's more complex and achieves far more.

china-pakistan-economic-corridor-project-6-638.jpg

scroll down to the route alignment controversy article from a news source)

@Jungibaaz Is there a larger image of the image you posted above^? One that can be magnified into?

I think CPEC passes through my families hometown, just have to make sure. :partay:

Back
Top Bottom