What's new

Covid-19 unleashed because of ‘wrongdoing of women , Molana Tariq Jameel

Blaming women
Editorial

April 26,

WELL-KNOWN cleric Maulana Tariq Jameel has made a disturbing assertionthat Covid-19 has been unleashed on humanity because of the ‘wrongdoing of women’. During a televised prayer, the maulana condemned women for dancing and for how they dress, saying these “immodest actions” have brought the Almighty’s wrath upon the country.

These misogynistic remarks were made during the Ehsaas Telethon fundraising event, in the presence of the prime minister and top broadcast journalists.

In the same prayer, the maulana also cast aspersions on the media for “disseminating lies”, but later apologised for that particular remark on account of having “spoken too much”. No such apology was made for his offensive comments about women.

For the maulana to claim that women should be blamed for a global pandemic is not just ill-informed but also inflammatory. The statements are troubling; not only do they betray a deep-rooted misogyny, they were also aired, unchallenged, from a very high-profile platform.

This mentality is reflective of society’s unfortunate tendency to marginalise women simply because social power structures allow them to be viewed as ‘lesser beings’. The remarks also reinforce a dangerous yet normalised idea that targeting women is permissible.

The reality is that women in Pakistan, and elsewhere, face systemic discrimination and violence. During this pandemic, domestic abuse cases have soared as women are forced to stay home for extended periods with their tormentors. Despite these challenges, women strive to be recognised and shatter glass ceilings — as evidenced by the effective response of global women leaders in this pandemic.

Given that the ruling PTI is lauded for its inclusion of women in political rallies and for celebrating their lively participation, it is a shame that the maulana was not corrected when he made these offensive comments.

Later, however, Minister for Human Rights Shireen Mazari, without directly naming the maulana, rightly criticised such thinking as ludicrous and ignorant. The maulana must apologise for his unsavoury remarks, and accept that while prayers are always welcome, the nation can do without scorn and misguided views.
He has not said that in context. He is saying that who are the men who force women in sexual trade. Now you can take it out of context as much as you can.

It seems Indian Sanghis and liberals and Pakistani liberals are united in spreading Islamophobia!

Blaming women
Editorial

April 26,

WELL-KNOWN cleric Maulana Tariq Jameel has made a disturbing assertionthat Covid-19 has been unleashed on humanity because of the ‘wrongdoing of women’. During a televised prayer, the maulana condemned women for dancing and for how they dress, saying these “immodest actions” have brought the Almighty’s wrath upon the country.

These misogynistic remarks were made during the Ehsaas Telethon fundraising event, in the presence of the prime minister and top broadcast journalists.

In the same prayer, the maulana also cast aspersions on the media for “disseminating lies”, but later apologised for that particular remark on account of having “spoken too much”. No such apology was made for his offensive comments about women.

For the maulana to claim that women should be blamed for a global pandemic is not just ill-informed but also inflammatory. The statements are troubling; not only do they betray a deep-rooted misogyny, they were also aired, unchallenged, from a very high-profile platform.

This mentality is reflective of society’s unfortunate tendency to marginalise women simply because social power structures allow them to be viewed as ‘lesser beings’. The remarks also reinforce a dangerous yet normalised idea that targeting women is permissible.

The reality is that women in Pakistan, and elsewhere, face systemic discrimination and violence. During this pandemic, domestic abuse cases have soared as women are forced to stay home for extended periods with their tormentors. Despite these challenges, women strive to be recognised and shatter glass ceilings — as evidenced by the effective response of global women leaders in this pandemic.

Given that the ruling PTI is lauded for its inclusion of women in political rallies and for celebrating their lively participation, it is a shame that the maulana was not corrected when he made these offensive comments.

Later, however, Minister for Human Rights Shireen Mazari, without directly naming the maulana, rightly criticised such thinking as ludicrous and ignorant. The maulana must apologise for his unsavoury remarks, and accept that while prayers are always welcome, the nation can do without scorn and misguided views.
Link please

You don't even know what Tariq Jameel said but yet you commented about it

Then why not do the same for dawn boss.

What is this thread for then ??

Let me re-post what he said :
WELL-KNOWN cleric Maulana Tariq Jameel has made a disturbing assertion that Covid-19 has been unleashed on humanity because of the ‘wrongdoing of women’. During a televised prayer, the maulana condemned women for dancing and for how they dress, saying these “immodest actions” have brought the Almighty’s wrath upon the country.

How can his comment be supported ??

And disturbingly, the PM was present and he seems to have made no public response.

What is this thread for then ??

Let me re-post what he said :

How can his comment be supported ??

And disturbingly, the PM was present and he seems to have made no public response.

He didn't say anything like that

You are believing dawn's words about him

Why not believe my words in same manner and say something about their rapist boss

he was apologizing in yesterdays talk shows with Mohd malick

He shouldn't have. That is the only thing he did wrong

I love how these molvis blame everything on women and their immorality. Well let examine that shall we.

1. Our mothers are women and my mother God rest her soul and grant her Janna ul firdos was a simple humble woman.
2. Women who are promiscuous are allowed to dress and act like this by their fathers brothers and husbands. So why blame the women.
3. Many a time I have seen women with their husbands. The husband a full bread, short trouser big belly and henna in hair and beard. The wife no head scarf let alone abaya or hijab and ofter see through tops with sleeveless kameez. So who is to blame. The man or the woman.

I say to the molvi...look within...molvis demand musjids open then make excuses that they cannot attend...but encourage young men to go who if they get an infection will for sure kill their parents or grandparents. Molvis looking at the eid moon also fondling Qandeel Baloch. Ask Tariq Jameel what he does for a living. My prophet pbuh worked for a living. So you see...the enemies of islam are the molvis because they talk but dont do as they say

Last edited:
It seems Indian Sanghis and liberals and Pakistani liberals are united in spreading Islamophobia!

I hope we see that day soon when bharati sanghis would drag Pakistani liberals from their DHA homes and treat them in the exact same manner like they did in Delhi ir Gujarat

I hope that day is near

Back
Top Bottom