What's new

Covid-19 - Devastating Second Wave in India - Updates and Discussion

This has even inflicted US diplomats and to that point is worrying. This has reached alarming rate imho and something WHO should look closer at because if even a tiny portion of diplomats is effected to such an extent then it left nothing in India proper and this thing is rampant and the biggest fear currently is if this spreads worldwide and to every country

It only seems bound to get worse as people flee to rural areas, causing mutations and further spread of the virus throughout the country.

it is estimated official cases number could reach 800K to 1 million by Mid-May. IMHO we will never know the full extent of the horror, until someone does an analysis of the death rate in the previous years and compares it to the lives lost over this period of time. When all is said and done it’s not in conceivable a million may perish in India with hundreds of thousands in neighboring countries if the virus spreads beyond India’s borders.

My assessment is that within the next two weeks, cases will start going down in entire India.

It's a natural thing.. when risks materialize in front of our own eyes, we start taking the warnings seriously.

what two weeks? It already is growing entire India. But in pockets, it will come down.
It's not that congress doesn't want the country to develop but the nation has been riddled with scams during the congress regime, not to mention they're way too much into minority appeasement, communal based politics and what not...there's a reason they've been voted out. Modi is being criticized on how his govt failed to predict the second wave and there are certainly flaws in his governance but I'm sure it wouldn't be any better with congress

You know what...8 months ago 160 new Oxygen facilities were sacntioned. 8 months later, barely 30 are done, zero in UP. You have money for kumbh, but not for oxygen facilities?
Modi failed in predicting the severiity of second wave and he should be criticised and bashed for it..i am also doing that.
But lets not dismiss all his achievements...good or bad..he is hardworking..some of his policies might have gone wrong but its true that he genuinely wants to develop his country.
And moreover we dont have an alternative...at least there are no scams in bjp rule..we used to hear about one scam or the other during congress rule both in centre and states.

What achievement? He screwed people directly with demonetization. And then indirectly with COVID. There is no excuse for allowing Kumbh. I can accept elections as excuse, becuse that process is something invoilable.

1619503457825.png

your second wave tragedy is total modi made disaster, didn't you guys boast India has beat covid, you are in the endgame and this is behind you?

now go find some oxygen for your patients instead of keyboard warring on PDF

China is responsible for COVID
Only China is responsible for COVID
No country other than China is responsible for COVID

fak india able to afford rafales but not oxgen in its capital

hope it becomes 2 trillion economy by end of year

China is responsible for COVID
Only China is responsible for COVID
No country other than China is responsible for COVID
China is not India sugar daddy. India is 74 years old after independence, it time to take care of yourself, baby.

fak india able to afford rafales but not oxgen in its capital

hope it becomes 2 trillion economy by end of year
That's cute,

Wondering what will happen in Pakistan in 2 months ......

do you have dollars to lose ?

or vaccines to produce ?

Pathetic people..
China is not India sugar daddy. India is 74 years old after independence, it time to take care of yourself, baby.

Why we need to take care ?

because you can't stop eating bats !

stop eating bats !

Your country should be internationally sued.

what a shameless country !

Good - some hope. Bangalore/Kolkata is screwed.

Overall positive case numbers for India as a whole have come down by more than 10% in the last day.

Hopefully India has turned the tide and all the best. Plenty of countries are sending supplies to India to help and so India is not alone.

Maybe its vaccinated but death still occurs. This mutant variant is quite deadly. It even attack young and healthy.

I don't think so.

The vast majority of the deaths look like they are from the over 50s and those who seem overweight to me. Even poor India now has plenty of people who are able to eat too much.

What this shows is that even if your population is mainly young and slim, you must have a lot of extra medical capacity available just in case there is a surge which may be led by a "mutant" variant that is more infectious and/or more deadly.

In the UK, around 90% of those now entering hospital can be saved by treatment. If India had invested in building up enough medical capacity during the last year it could have ridden out this surge with a relatively ow number of deaths like last spring.

I don't think so.

The vast majority of the deaths look like they are from the over 50s and those who seem overweight to me. Even poor India now has plenty of people who are able to eat too much.

What this shows is that even if your population is mainly young and slim, you must have a lot of extra medical capacity available just in case there is a surge which may be led by a "mutant" variant that is more infectious and/or more deadly.

In the UK, around 90% of those now entering hospital can be saved by treatment. If India had invested in building up enough medical capacity during the last year it could have ridden out this surge with a relatively ow number of deaths like last spring.
India has population of 1.3 billion while UK has only 55 million. Its not a fair comparison. Surely , India government response is not adequate but the patient are simply too many.

Most of the covid-19 cases in other countries, young infected one developed fever and cough while no short of breadth. Only the old and weak mostly have symptoms of short of breadth. If the young one in India developed short of breadth after getting covid-19. Something is wrong.

Fever and cough symptoms are not that bad. They are be mostly self mediate at home, drinking more water , enough rest and basic medicine. After a week or 2, it will be ok.

India has population of 1.3 billion while UK has only 55 million. Its not a fair comparison. Surely , India government response is not adequate but the patient are simply too many.

Most of the covid-19 cases in other countries, young infected one developed fever and cough while no short of breadth. Only the old and weak mostly have symptoms of short of breadth. If the young one in India developed short of breadth after getting covid-19. Something is wrong.

Fever and cough symptoms are not that bad. They are be mostly self mediate at home, drinking more water , enough rest and basic medicine. After a week or 2, it will be ok.

OK, we need to wait and see if those slim young dying do not have any othere underlying conditions. My guess is most do as happens in other countries.

As for medical capacity, most of those dying just need extra oxygen and not ICU treatment. In the UK they would spend around 5 days on a normal hospital bed and then out again. India should have had much more extra capacity in this area at least.

The blame for this disaster goes mainly to Modi for his lack of preparation and premature jubilation over having "defeated" the virus. Yes it is not all his fault as the public are also being careless but as the leader most of the responsibility lies with him.

what two weeks? It already is growing entire India. But in pockets, it will come down.
The cases will hopefully start to come down soon.. I wish good luck to all common folks. May they come out of this curse soon. It's now unbearable.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom