What's new

Covid-19 - Devastating Second Wave in India - Updates and Discussion

Incredible - most comments here are actually people cribbing and whining when there is a positive news. Guys there are lots of threads where you can crib, this is a positive thread, we have a place where cases have stabilised. Looks like all you people will be happy if more people died. Be more sensible.

Lockdowns work. Strict protocol adherence works. Had the Indian Army been deployed early to enforce martial law, I am certain most of this drama could have been avoided. But that would also have required cancellation of religious and political events. BJP is neither willing nor capable of making such decisions for the benefit of Indian people.

The analysis among professionals is pretty unanimous. First hand accounts from people returning from India within the last two weeks freely admit a lackadaisical approach to protocols brought India to this point. Restrictions have to be tight in densely populated countries where mutations will occur as inevitably as they would in a Petri dish full of nutrients.
Issue is lockdowns were never implemented in the first place. Some state CMs were against it, people let their guard down. Even the curfew implemented over the past couple of weeks was post 9pm...like what good would it do when most people don't even come out after 9. Not to mention, people let their guard down and started roaming without a mask. Secondly, none of the covid vaccines in existence are completely proven against all strains while people who even got just the first shot assumed they were completely immune. In India, you don't really need the army to enforce martial law...local police and maybe some paramilitary force like CRPF could get it done but govts did a poor job in keeping the people informed and strictly enforcing covid SOPs.

It is Necessary to counter Fake News, Data, Journalism that is coming from Godi Media and Bharati trolls on PDF

Real Journalism

It's hard to be positive when u have to often break bad news to attendents, deny beds, not sleep or eat regularly and yet get abused by attendents, politicians and every other aira ghaira bhakt public.
Did this public ever asked for better health care,,, like ever.
They were busy with temples, caste, hindurashtra n what not.
Even now the bhakts,instead of asking there illegal fathers(politicians) , about lack of O2, drugs, are clapping n hoping that this will pass while sparring any of there family.

Issue is lockdowns were never implemented in the first place. Some state CMs were against it, people let their guard down. Even the curfew implemented over the past couple of weeks was post 9pm...like what good would it do when most people don't even come out after 9. Not to mention, people let their guard down and started roaming without a mask. Secondly, none of the covid vaccines in existence are completely proven against all strains while people who even got just the first shot assumed they were completely immune. In India, you don't really need the army to enforce martial law...local police and maybe some paramilitary force like CRPF could get it done but govts did a poor job in keeping the people informed and strictly enforcing covid SOPs.
The other issue is that nobody will actually hold Modi or BJP accountable for this. He can stay quiet and stroke his beard until this all blows over. Even the issues surrounding breach of contract to supply vaccines to Saudi, Bangladesh etc are pretty serious, but those countries are unlikely to muster the resources needed to actually sue SII, like the EU is preparing to do to AZ in Belgium.

There is ZERO accountability, hence nothing really seems to change for the better.

The other issue is that nobody will actually hold Modi or BJP accountable for this. He can stay quiet and stroke his beard until this all blows over. Even the issues surrounding breach of contract to supply vaccines to Saudi, Bangladesh etc are pretty serious, but those countries are unlikely to muster the resources needed to actually sue SII, like the EU is preparing to do to AZ in Belgium.

There is ZERO accountability, hence nothing really seems to change for the better.
Several countries went for Astrazeneca's vaccine since they're priced much lower at $3-4 over any other vaccine out there. Despite SII being the largest vaccine maker in the world, there's still raw material which primarily comes from the US which is being held up for their own vaccines. Even then, GoI exported a major chunk of covishield vaccines to other countries...only if Indian citizens were prioritized it would've been a different case but again the effectiveness of these vaccines is questionable. Even now, despite Astrazeneca's Covishield is what's being produced the most...most people are opting and waiting for Bharat Biotech's Covaxin due to fewer after effects

SII will start producing Covax as well and then Dr. Reddy Labs will start manufacturing Sputnik V...might help fill in the numbers.

Situation in Mumbai is bad.... Myself me my mom and younger brother diagnosed as covid positive today.... I was running mild fever since last 4-5 days but I ignored and kept doing office work from home also used to go out to buy vegetables and fruits some time....when I lost my taste we immediately did covid and for faster report antigen test and we are positive.... Situation is really bad in city.... I pray everything normslizes at the earliest....

Situation in Mumbai is bad.... Myself me my mom and younger brother diagnosed as covid positive today.... I was running mild fever since last 4-5 days but I ignored and kept doing office work from home also used to go out to buy vegetables and fruits some time....when I lost my taste we immediately did covid and for faster report antigen test and we are positive.... Situation is really bad in city.... I pray everything normslizes at the earliest....

My best wishes for you and your family.

Hopefully, your mom is vaccinated.

Hope you all improve rapidly.

India records more than 350K new COVID-19 infections in single day
By Jackson O'Bryan

April 26, 2021 | 1:38pm

India set an unsettling pandemic world record Monday — recording more than 350,000 new COVID-19 infections in a single day.

The hard-hit South Asian nation reported 352,991 new cases, according to data from India’s health ministry, marking the fifth straight day of record cases nationwide and the highest-ever daily infection toll recorded in the world.

At least 2,812 virus deaths were also reported, bringing the death toll to 195,123.

More than 17.3 million people have been infected in the country, second only to the United States — although experts believe the true figures are likely much higher.

The surge has bought India’s health care system to its knees, as horrifying reports emerge of the infected dying in the streets.

Emergency workers have run out of stretchers, hospitals are battling a critical oxygen shortage, and the chimneys of crematoriums have even melted from constant use.

Public parks have had to be converted to crematoriums to help handle the flood of corpses.

Experts attribute the eruption of infections to new, highly contagious COVID-19 variants, a shortage of medical supplies, and lax lockdowns.

Despite the devastation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government has not imposed a national lockdown, instead leaving that decision up to cities and states.

The White House promised Sunday to send aid to India in the form of therapeutics, rapid diagnostic test kits, ventilators, personal protective equipment and raw materials for manufacturing vaccines.

The highest number of daily new cases recorded in the United States was 313,000, recorded on Jan. 8, according to CDC data.

More than 32 million Americans have been infected in total, and more than 572,000 have died, according to Johns Hopkins University figures.

It is a catastrophe of epic proportions.

My best wishes for you and your family.

Hopefully, your mom is vaccinated.

Thanks for your wishes....

No unfortunately my mom is not vaccinated.... I had my own doubts about vaccination and side effects of it so we decided to not to send mom for vaccination so early and observe for 2 months if people complaining about side effects.... But now I regret.... Because of our doubts about vaccin my mom is suffering....
Hope you all improve rapidly.

Thanks for your wishes dear....

I request you all Indians, Pakistanis and members from other countries on this forum to be extra careful and take care of your families in this second deadly wave of covid.... Stay safe....

Situation in India is very miserable. But before the next election modi will carry out another fake surgical strike in Pakistan and the same public will again elect modi for next term out of their hatred for pakistan and muslims. The anti Pakistan rhetoric and actions of Modi made him the PM and majority of the indian public supported and loved him for that. the worst thing which trump and modi both did in their respective countries was that they both created disunity in their own nations. Trump mainly lost in US because of his mishandling of the covid crisis. Will Modi face the same fate?? I doubt it as he knows how to win the hearts and minds of Indian public by doing some cheap fake anti pakistan stunts.
I feel sorry for the Indian public but it is also a fact that majority of the Indians enjoyed the news of terrorist activities inside Pak and even the PIA plane crash. Just recently their media was delightfully broadcasting the news that now Pak will die the death of corona. Majority of the Pakistanis are feeling sorry for the indians but i am hundred percent sure the moment India comes out of this crisis their media, leaders and public will start speaking against Pakistan loudly. and above all we cant forget the indian atrocities in kashmir. May Allah have mercy on Indians and protect us, the pakistanis, from all the disasters. its impossible for me to go the level of indians and enjoy the crisis situation in the enemy country.

Sorry to hear about this.

I hope and pray your Family is Safe.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom