What's new

Council for Independent Balochistan formed (haha!!)

No way Baluchistan looks going to be separated, unless Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan all together given freedom. No nation likes to loose any part of the country.

To solve their problems we need to eleminate the feudals there.

The funds in the past and currently too been provided for uplift of Balochistan had been used by Bugtis, Marries, Mengals and so on for their own childern and luxries depriving the poor common Baloch Pakistanis.

That's why I like the new American aid model, even though many Pakistanis complain about it.

From what I understand, instead of giving money to the government, they will directly fund developement projects. Also, they will audit these projects every three months.

Given the rampant corruption in our government, both federal and provincial, I have no problems with anything that keeps these guys honest.

That's why I like the new American aid model, even though many Pakistanis complain about it.

From what I understand, instead of giving money to the government, they will directly fund developement projects. Also, they will audit these projects every three months.

Given the rampant corruption in our government, both federal and provincial, I have no problems with anything that keeps these guys honest.

Yes i also favour if US wants to spend on development in Pakistan then US should spend the aid directly instead of handing over to our corrupt governments.

I also oppose involving NGOs in spending the aid money. Because NGOs are like corporate sectors which try to mint as much money from donors as they can and trust me hardly 20% is spend on the real projects on ground.

Besides international donors when approve aid for NGOs they get 40% of that money as overhead which means the donors already deduct 40% and out of remaining 60% the NGOs' owners get about 40% for themselves while 10% is spend on salaries of staff where only 10% remains which either spent on refreshment during seminar or arrangments.

so here we go nothing is spent on development.

In my opinion, we need to solve their problems if any. After all they are Pakistanis. If they still think they need to make Balochistan an independent state...then.. Well, that is not going to happen.

We can then just make them quiet, and start funding for Asam and the other 20 wanna be states in India.

See inclusion of Baluchistan in joint statement was a bad idea, and it have really fueled the freedom aspirations Baluchistan people and those people in exile. I think thee issue was a minor one, unless Pakistan decided to take it into an international level. Lets see how things pan out in the near future.

And this mentality of yours is the one which is very disturbing, if my house is burning i will make sure that my neighbors house too burns (hey where is my disgusted emoticon:lol:)!!!! And all your allegations and burn your neigbhours home too thought is all based on flaming propoganda with no concrete backing of proofs and that is even more disturbing..!!!

If Indians think they can make independent balochistan..Breaking up East Pakistain resulted in Kashmir insurgency as well as Khalistan which pakistan stopped itself thanks to Benazir who handed over all information to GOI regarding Khalistan.In any case, Balochistan will never be independent.Thanks to Iran and Pushtun population living there.Hell there are even Afghan refugees.In any case today media released pictures of balcohis waving pakistani flag's here and there.Rest assured these Balchis who want independence are ferrari driving rich people who live aborad and wants freedom so they can loot more from land.

See inclusion of Baluchistan in joint statement was a bad idea, and it have really fueled the freedom aspirations Baluchistan people and those people in exile. I think thee issue was a minor one, unless Pakistan decided to take it into an international level. Lets see how things pan out in the near future.

And this mentality of yours is the one which is very disturbing, if my house is burning i will make sure that my neighbors house too burns (hey where is my disgusted emoticon:lol:)!!!! And all your allegations and burn your neigbhours home too thought is all based on flaming propoganda with no concrete backing of proofs and that is even more disturbing..!!!

I think a better analogy is this: if someone is setting fire to your house, you go and burn his house so he will be distracted from burning your house and focus his energies on putting out his own fires first.

Both India and Pakistan are setting fire to each other's house.

I am an Assamese and I can vouch for sure that you had already been sponsoring the so called Assamese separation movement since last 30 years.

But it says something else. Its from your own Indian paper's today.

NIA looks into nexus of North-East politicians, officials, militants

PTI 13 August 2009, 05:18pm IST

NEW DELHI: The anti-terror federal agency NIA, probing terror-related cases involving an Assam militant outfit, is looking into the nexus between
militants, politicians, officials and contractors in the Northeast in siphoning off of government funds meant for development
. ( Watch Video )

Official sources said while probing its first two cases related to recovery of cash amounting to over Rs one crore from a militant, the National Investigation Agency found the nexus led to siphoning off of large amount of funds to insurgent groups for purchase of arms and ammunition.

In some cases, the sleuths found that the money, after being converted into US dollars, is invested abroad or spent for luxury of the leaders, they said.

The politicians, bureaucrats and contractors actively cooperate with the militants due to fear, personal protection as well as monetary gain, they said.

"Extortion is a big industry in the Northeast. Government funds meant for development hardly reach the target area," an official said.

Constituted after the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, NIA got in June for the first time to probe two terror-related cases involving insurgent groups in the northeast.

The two cases were initially registered by Assam Police in which cash amounting to over Rs one crore, weapons and other items had been recovered and a number of persons, including a politician and the joint director of state's social welfare department, arrested.

Preliminary investigations showed the funds were meant for Dima Halam Daogah (DHD) outfit for procurement of arms and ammunition and other terrorist related activities.

Four persons, including a contractor of the Assam Public Health Engineering department, were also arrested near Jorabat along the Assam-Meghalaya border and some cash was seized from them on April one.

Following the investigation, the NIA yesterday arrested two persons in Kolkata for allegedly supplying arms to the DHD and raising funds for it.

Malswan Kimi and George Lam Thang were arrested from Teriti Bazar in Central Kolkata by the NIA in a joint operation along with Special Task Force of Kolkata Police under Unlawful Activities Prevention Act and the Arms Act. This was the first arrest by NIA.

Rs 2.38 lakh and a number of documents were recovered from them, who hailed from Mizoram. However, no arms were recovered.

The duo will be in police custody till August 17 and sent to Delhi for further interrogation.

NIA looks into nexus of North-East politicians, officials, militants - India - NEWS - The Times of India

In some cases, the sleuths found that the money, after being converted into US dollars, is invested abroad or spent for luxury of the leaders, they said.

The politicians, bureaucrats and contractors actively cooperate with the militants due to fear, personal protection as well as monetary gain, they said.
"Extortion is a big industry in the Northeast. Government funds meant for development hardly reach the target area," an official said.

I think you can see that its no any separatist desires but greed and fear from militants that is causing these issues in Assam. The overwhelming majority don't have any problems and display big turnouts for every election. Ofcourse there is the corruption issue and thats what GoI should take care of to have genuine development in the region

Similar is the case with Balochistan, its not a big deal now, but what matters is what is GoP doing to take care of it and bring the province into the mainstream and develop it.

That is your spin on it. Indians will say that now the Balochistan liberation is getting international recognition. We can just as easily say that Indian support for Baloch terrorists and insurgents is the reason why this 'Baloch independence' movement has been fueled. Will that look good on your resume when this issue gets international recognition? You are not the only ones who are good at putting a spin on it.

Another thing is that if this issue becomes international right now, would the west want to further destabilize Pakistan right now? The US wants Pakistan stable right now so it wouldn't be in its interest to recognize this 'independence movement'

About the insurgencies in India--Indians need to get their head out of the sand. Is Pakistan funding all the naxal-maoist insurgency that rages in 40% of Indian territory? Thats right 40%. I must say we have a lot of extra money to throw around when we are in crisis ourselves :rolleyes:

Prime Minister Singh termed it as the biggest threat to national security. And this problem is not about to go away soon either. You cannot get rid of your poverty in those regions anytime soon.

That is your spin on it. Indians will say that now the Balochistan liberation is getting international recognition. We can just as easily say that Indian support for Baloch terrorists and insurgents is the reason why this 'Baloch independence' movement has been fueled. Will that look good on your resume when this issue gets international recognition? You are not the only ones who are good at putting a spin on it.

Another thing is that if this issue becomes international right now, would the west want to further destabilize Pakistan right now? The US wants Pakistan stable right now so it wouldn't be in its interest to recognize this 'independence movement'

About the insurgencies in India--Indians need to get their head out of the sand. Is Pakistan funding all the naxal-maoist insurgency that rages in 40% of Indian territory? Thats right 40%. I must say we have a lot of extra money to throw around when we are in crisis ourselves :rolleyes:

Prime Minister Singh termed it as the biggest threat to national security. And this problem is not about to go away soon either. You cannot get rid of your poverty in those regions anytime soon.

Have you tried to focus that much attention on Pakistani Problems...

Thats the problem here....Both Indians and Pakistanis spend more time talking about other country rather than worrying about their own country......

By the way as of now ...no Maoist or Naxalite has decleared and Indipendent state....like Baloches did...... Naxalite fight is more of a rich Versus Poor Problem.....and they are losing ground everywhere.....

This is a worrying development.

How has it come to this?

Can we honestly trust that our politicians are alert and active on this issue?

Then what can we do ourselves to improve and help pakistan?

The prevailing trend in the west is to talk more and more about the "hardships and injustices" in Baluch, thus this indicates that the neo con plan for the balkanization of pakistan is very much on the cards and in their thoughts.

We must counter this with a two pronged attack, that is to improve the situation at the ground level with the people themselves, through grass roots intelligence and educational initiatives taking on the sardars.

And finally perhaps cause a few troubles for india tit for tat for what they are doing in Baluchistan - just a firm reminder of what headaches we can cause them.

Alas this is probably a dream since our corrput leaders would rather take back handers and watch their nation waste away rather than do their duty for their nation.

Following is a link to an interview conducted by the BBC with a young Quetta girl, who is a member of BSO (an outfit with separatist aspirations). Her brother is vice-chairman of BSO and according to her has been picked up thrice by the intelligentsia ---- he was picked up last in June and is yet to be released. Her father belonged to the BNA and she alleged he was murdered by the state. There is a lot of passion and hot air... but revealing when it comes to anti-Pakistan rhetoric. Especially the first half when she talks about women in today's Balochistan.

?BBC Urdu? - ????????? - ?????? ?? ???? ?????? ???? ??????

The kalat of mongobongoland is a joke and nothing but a front by countries-companies to pressure pakistan into giving contracts to western firms hand in hand with the indians....its not just pakistan there after but also iran.
Blaming the sardars and then not doing nothing about the problem is nothing but putting the blame from the stronger party (federal govt) onto the weaker party.
I would love to get the stats on how many baluchis there in government postion....the literacy rate compared to the rest of pakistan ect.......i dont think it will be postive.

Back
Top Bottom