What's new

Couldn't match high bar set by China

Khalmadi said. Not India.

He made those Grandiose claims to cover his own failings.
And he did so only this year.

Find me more GoI officials that said this ?

You mean it only counts if the Prime Minister of India said "Delhi 2010 will be better than the Beijing Olympics" ???

You mean it only counts if the Prime Minister of India said "Delhi 2010 will be better than the Beijing Olympics" ???

No , But were his words reverberated by any one else ?

Another GoI official involved with the games coming out and saying the same thing ?

Did GoI reps say this on Khalmadi's Behalf.

Khalmadi said this and he did only. Both out nations have babu's who say stupid things.

To say India claimed it would be better is a false statement.
We all know what kind of individual Khalmadi is and what kind of BS he has done and will continue to do.

No GoI official said the same thing as Khalmadi that is fact. No one repeated his words , no one said Khalmadi said this , no said anything.

If we had it our way Khalmadi would be in jail cell right now. To hold his words as the words of India is simply not fair.

No , But were his words reverberated by any one else ?

Another GoI official involved with the games coming out and saying the same thing ?

Did GoI reps say this on Khalmadi's Behalf.

Khalmadi said this and he did only. Both out nations have babu's who say stupid things.

To say India claimed it would be better is a false statement.
We all know what kind of individual Khalmadi is and what kind of BS he has done and will continue to do.

No GoI official said the same thing as Khalmadi that is fact. No one repeated his words , no one said Khalmadi said this , no said anything.

If we had it our way Khalmadi would be in jail cell right now. To hold his words as the words of India is simply not fair.

Tell me who chose Khalmadi to take care of organizing the CWG ?
It was India who chose him and therefore he represented India.

assuming china is 15-20 years ahead of India its natural for India to find it difficult to match the chinese levels of sophistication and infrastructure, give us a chance for 2020 olympics over shadowing 2008 Beijing wud not b a great task!!! :tup:

With the current standard shown in CWG, i doubt that Olympics will go to India in 2020.

IOC will be very scared if India screwed things up again.

Indian people need to be stronger to win medals in the world arena. One gold medal for one billion people is far from a good start for India's Olympiad.

Indian people need to be stronger to win medals in the world arena. One gold medal for one billion people is far from a good start for India's Olympiad.

same number as hong kong. we should have hong kong vs india :no:

Your definition of success is low, very low.

other than some pathetic one liner,give some reasonable explanation

at first u people were throwing mud on us that we will not b able to conduct this games and will call it of in the last minute,when it became a success now u people have eventually brought the another matter to increase ur self esteem and once again derogate India...CWG in nothing in front of Olympics,u cant match us,u dont have $40 billion,u dont have toilets

get some life man

We couldn't match Chinese standards - they replaced a poor child who sung so well with what they called "a more attractive child" because the former had crooked teeth. Or placing their own citizens under arrest for resisting evictions to build infrastructure. Or arresting political activists. I am glad we couldn't match such standards set by the Chinese.

We couldn't match Chinese standards - they replaced a poor child who sung so well with what they called "a more attractive child" because the former had crooked teeth. Or placing their own citizens under arrest for resisting evictions to build infrastructure. Or arresting political activists. I am glad we couldn't match such standards set by the Chinese.

Oh come on. The result is what matters. China achieved it. We have to accept that we screwed it up(at least partially). The construction and finishing is bad in India ,not to mention the organizational skills. If one good thing happened out of this fiasco, we learnt what is lacking in us so that we could work on it.

As far as comparing with China, we have to compare our selves with someone better than us and try to reach their level and better them. China is comparing itself with Korea and Japan.

My 2 cents is that people should just silently congratulate India on a decent organization and a nice blimp and move on.

So China spent $40 billion on Olympics, possibly the most expensive in history ... is it worth it? I don't live in China any more so I can't really comment. But from talking to many, I mean many relatives of mine even today many are not so sure.

And India now had to spend $10 billion to host the biggest Commonwealth Game or will somehow lose face ...

I suppose both countries are doing better than Canada since Canadians spend $1.5 billion organizing this G20 meeting while battling supposed anarchists on the streets of Toronto.

So China and India: you both are winners.

Everybody go home and be proud.

other than some pathetic one liner,give some reasonable explanation

at first u people were throwing mud on us that we will not b able to conduct this games and will call it of in the last minute,when it became a success now u people have eventually brought the another matter to increase ur self esteem and once again derogate India...CWG in nothing in front of Olympics,u cant match us,u dont have $40 billion,u dont have toilets

get some life man

You may not see the news, but most I have read, I read enough news about this farce, I know what happened in India, you too fond of publicity, that is your way, your choice, of course, Therefore, the Government of India has not been enough pressure, that is your result, it is India's problem.

The only other person who dared comparing CWG with Beijing olympics is mr Kalmadi.

This raises serious doubts abt the integrity, intelligence and physical appearance of the writer :)

Unfortunately Kalmadi was the 'face' of CWG and the people believed what he said.

You may not see the news, but most I have read, I read enough news about this farce, I know what happened in India, you too fond of publicity, that is your way, your choice, of course, Therefore, the Government of India has not been enough pressure, that is your result, it is India's problem.

It is true there were problems with the preparation , some of them quite serious. But the media exaggerated it way too much. There were problems with all of the previous sporting events in the past and they were silently solved behind the scene. But the Australian officials sent those dirty pics to the hawkish Indian media without consideration. We really didn't have to know so much in detail abut the preparation before the game started.

This is a big lesson for India. I just hope we have learnt it .

This is someone's personal view. It doesn't matter.

No one can compare which is better and none should. If people liked both thats enough. China did excellent job with Olympic.

Back
Top Bottom