What's new

COULD THE CASC CH-5 UAV BE AN OPTION FOR PAKISTAN?

i don't know whom stupid in Pakistan selected CH-3 our need was ch-4 or ch-5 :frown:
What!! Khan Saheb you are like the one who listened to Laila Majnoon story all night and in the morning asked Wait Was Laila a man or a woman.
On a more serious note acquisitions are made in keeping with what the vendor wants to sell what you can afford to buy and what your assessments reveal. The UCAV programme is being assessed even now as it appears the products sold have problems. As soon as niggles are sorted out we will see local production followed by local advancements

What!! Khan Saheb you are like the one who listened to Laila Majnoon story all night and in the morning asked Wait Was Laila a man or a woman.
On a more serious note acquisitions are made in keeping with what the vendor wants to sell what you can afford to buy and what your assessments reveal. The UCAV programme is being assessed even now as it appears the products sold have problems. As soon as niggles are sorted out we will see local production followed by local advancements
Sir don't you think UCAV is too early for Pakistan? We don't have enough number of small to tactical drones. And do you think couple of dozen UCAV enough for border, Baluchistan & Tribal Area Patrolling/monitoring & Action? should we not use mix of hand launch to small to local tactical to MALE UAV to effectively control the border at minimum cost.

i am not expert but my understanding is that any drone that can detect enemy movement from distance and share its position will do the job. UCAV should be last stage not first. & our terrain and long border required large number of drones.

Sir don't you think UCAV is too early for Pakistan? We don't have enough number of small to tactical drones. And do you think couple of dozen UCAV enough for border, Baluchistan & Tribal Area Patrolling/monitoring & Action? should we not use mix of hand launch to small to local tactical to MALE UAV to effectively control the border at minimum cost.

i am not expert but my understanding is that any drone that can detect enemy movement from distance and share its position will do the job. UCAV should be last stage not first. & our terrain and long border required large number of drones.

Exactly. Built a MALE UAV. Absorb it, and then weaponize it.

its not about me, its about Chinese engineering.
Wang
There are problems in that the Chinese have generally taken on systems and built and then developed them. However with few exceptions there is very little original work. The issue with this is when things go wrong with the design you waste a lot of time trying to solve it. Only now are you beginning to emerge from the shadows with your own PHDs and newer research. So it will take you another 2 decades to become proud of your achievements. China has come a long way but still hs a fair way to go.
Best of Luck.
A

What about the Turbofan based UAV's? can they be used by the Air Force?

Wang
There are problems in that the Chinese have generally taken on systems and built and then developed them. However with few exceptions there is very little original work. The issue with this is when things go wrong with the design you waste a lot of time trying to solve it. Only now are you beginning to emerge from the shadows with your own PHDs and newer research. So it will take you another 2 decades to become proud of your achievements. China has come a long way but still hs a fair way to go.
Best of Luck.
A
maybe need to recruit talents from all over the world like USA does. Diversified brainstorm is very important. reverse engineering is not the destination, we need more independant R &D. that is what we are doing now. at the size of China, no one is gonna fix problem for us.

CHINA can do lots of things as long as we have a prosperous economy.

maybe need to recruit talents from all over the world like USA does. Diversified brainstorm is very important. reverse engineering is not the destination, we need more independant R &D. that is what we are doing now. at the size of China, no one is gonna fix problem for us.

IMG_20180708_114805.png

It is said that Iraq has ordered 12 CH-5.
@wanglaokan

Hi,

The day china learns that it is all about quality control---and every chinese product needs to be tier 1 quality product and there is no place 2nd or 3rd tier products for poor countries---that day china would really move forward with real force---.

Currently---poor quality control---tier 2---3 products are the true achilles heal of the chinese industrial complex---.

When the US had the industry---made in USA was the name stamp of guarantee that you could trust blind folded---.

Hi,

The day china learns that it is all about quality control---and every chinese product needs to be tier 1 quality product and there is no place 2nd or 3rd tier products for poor countries---that day china would really move forward with real force---.

Currently---poor quality control---tier 2---3 products are the true achilles heal of the chinese industrial complex---.

When the US had the industry---made in USA was the name stamp of guarantee that you could trust blind folded---.
as the recent street interview in New york, most Americans think that China can produce a spectrum of products from high end to low end, depends on customets pocket depth.
they have quality control in line as long as the target market is able to pay for good quality.

Chinese is highly flexible with less business morale in head. this is not what i purport, but its a good way to fuifill markets of different levels. actually we sell different tiers of products in the same market. thats why USA cant get away from CHINA.

recently VT4 pass all the trial set by PA means everything. when you have very high.standard quality control product, it wont be cheap in price.

let me give a example: we have two types of cars in market to choose. one can drive 6 years tagged at $10000, another one can drive 10 years costs $30000. which one will you choose if you have very tight budget?

the advantage of China is.that We can produce car is able to drive 8 years at the price of $20000, does it make sense to.you Mastan bhai?

every country shall find a typical market segements to.survive.

in the future, we shall be able to produce a car able to drive 10years with $25000. top notch product with bit cheaper price.

less strings attached.

this will be the exact route path of Chinese products development.

with the capital accumulation of selling tier 3/2 products, we have money to develop tier 1 products.

"CASC stated that CH-5 had a maximum take-off weight (MTOW) of 3,300 kg, a payload of 1,200 kg (of which 200 kg is internal), a range of 2,000 km, endurance of 60 hours and service ceiling of 30,000 ft. The CH-5’s 330 hp engine provides a loiter speed of 180-200 km/h and a maximum speed of 300 km/h."

This is some some multi-mission drone not to ignore..

View attachment 412961

View attachment 412959

View attachment 412960

That's a payload any strike aircraft would be proud of let alone a drone!

Hi,

That is where china will lose---

America gave the best quality product to the poor and to the rich alike---.

Who deserves a better quality product more---a poor person---.

A poor person will pay for more if he knows the thing will last longer---.

If I was in power and china based that principal in production for my country---there would be no trade with china---.

It is a deceitful and deceptive principal of doing business that makes money of the skins of the poor--.

I am a radical revolutionary---you cannot sell me the 1,2,3,4,5 tiered quality items---.
i agree with you in some extent, tier 1 is the destination.

the problem of tier 2/3 products is that as vendors you.shall honestly tell the customers how long it will last.

the world is so realistic that one can't get anything he cant afford. but tier 2/3 products create a possibility to own. its not always right, but it works for lots of people.

i always use IPHONE in the last 8years, and.now i turn to domestic OPPO. the quality improves lots, it only cost me USD200 to own a handphone with a 16millions pixels camera.

it didnt come across any bug or halt for several months yet. its beyond my expectation as i am very picky.

USA consumers will lost options if Donald trump keeps pushing tariff and trade war with.China.

Back
Top Bottom