What's new

Costly underwater pipeline back on India-Iran talks table

can u pls tell me how we cannot stop water (in 1971 we could but v cannot now)?? daily u cry that indians are making so many dams over ur rivers and water terrorism and all that. by ur logic it is fake bcoz we just cannot stop ur water. and u must be a langotia yaar of iranian president who will do nothing if u say so. hahahaha. y u alway behave like a laughing stock for everyone.

When you have the mental capacity and intellect of an adult I will respond to you. As for now you are considered a jester. Yaar!!! :rolleyes:

India, Iran discuss building underwater gas pipeline​

159146329.jpg

India and Iran are discussing building a gas pipeline between the two countries along the bed of the Arabian Sea to bypass Pakistan, a board director of the company developing the project said on Tuesday.

"The carrying capacity of the gas pipeline's first leg will total 31 billion cu m annually, with the cost of construction estimated at $4 billion," T.H.P. Pao, a member of the board of directors and head of the supervisory board of South Asia Gas Enterprise Private Ltd. (SAGE), said.

The statement came ahead of a visit by Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov to India.
Pao said India and Iran were discussing the delivery of natural gas produced in Turkmenistan with Indian assistance to north Iran while the Islamic Republic will send natural gas from its southern deposits to Indian consumers.

A diplomatic source confirmed to RIA Novosti that Delhi had discussed the project with Teheran and Ashgabat and received their backing.

Under the project being worked on by SAGE, the gas pipeline will be 1,100 km (684 miles) long. The submersible part of the pipeline will start from the Iranian port city of Chabahar and will deliver gas to consumers in the Indian state of Gujarat.

According to SAGE, international investors will also finance the expensive gas pipeline project. In particular, Italian companies have expressed their readiness to join the project.

India, Iran and Pakistan have been discussing the project of building a gas pipeline between the three countries for the past three years. However, the negotiations have dragged on due to the worsening of relations between India and Pakistan.

India, Iran discuss building underwater gas pipeline | World | RIA Novosti

Big difference between the BP disaster and transporting oil through a pipe. In case of a leak in the pipeline..all anyone has to do is shut of the oil at the source and the issue is taken care off. A bit different from having a leaking oil well in the ocean floor.

On topic..India will never sign this deal with Iran. India's NAM days are along over.

Well things are nearing a "showdown" with Iran ..either there will be a Israeli strike on Iran's nuclear facility or any Iran will back down..In either case there the present "tense" scenario will not continue for long...Plus pipelines are not built in day..even negotiation for this pipeline will take at least couple of years..and this crisis would have resolved itself by then.

Last edited:
I still wouldnt go with the land route even if pakistan agrees to what u said.. it wouldnt be a safe bet during conflict times..and all the beneficiaries of that gas would suffer if pak shuts off the supply..and nobody would want to be on the mercy of their adversary for things as vital as fuel for the economy..

I think there is one way we can control Pakistan incase of land based pipeline. Just balance it with the water supply. In case of any conflict, Pakistan or so called non-state actors try to disrupt anything, we can similarly disrupt the water supply.:bounce:

When you have the mental capacity and intellect of an adult I will respond to you. As for now you are considered a jester. Yaar!!! :rolleyes:
hahahahaha.............. dont have any answers. lol. i can understand , well i donot want to hav the intellectual level and capacity that u hav. bcoz i dont want to be clown. ur hilarious s_o_c_o_m

Well things are nearing a "showdown" with Iran ..either there will be a Israeli strike on Iran's nuclear facility or any Iran will back down..In either case there the present "tense" scenario will not continue for long...Plus pipeline are not built in day..even negotiation for this pipeline will take at least couple of years..and this crisis would have resolved itself by then.

It will be over when the Iranians mullah's lose control...and not after a Israeli strike. It will take some time.

It will be over when the Iranians mullah's lose control...and not after a Israeli strike. It will take some time.

In any case, India is not bothered, what US thinks and will do what is in her best interest..as long as there are no UN sanction forbidding the oil n gas trade.

Big difference between the BP disaster and transporting oil through a pipe. In case of a leak in the pipeline..all anyone has to do is shut of the oil at the source and the issue is taken care off. A bit different from having a leaking oil well in the ocean floor.

On topic..India will never sign this deal with Iran. India's NAM days are along over.

We share common goals and we certainly have a lot to gain from each other, but this isn't a zero sum game. Cooperation only makes sense as long as its based on mutual interests. Energy is the cornerstone of every economy and the US can't give us anything that would persuade us to forgo our long term strategic objectives.

The US, for example, is one of Pakistan's largest trading partners (if not the largest) and its principal supplier of high tech weaponry. For reasons well known to all, the US can't ignore a country like Pakistan regardless of international concerns. Similarly, the US can't render a major energy exporter like Iran meaningless unless it is involved in a direct military confrontation with the country (unlikely).

As such, I fully expect this deal to go through in a year or two just as I expect our relations to reach new heights due to obvious geopolitical realities.

in any case we will remain in profit bcoz US cannot stop country like india easily. they have to definitely provide some incentives in return. if deal goes, all iz well.

Back
Top Bottom