What's new

Cost of Living Around the World

well, my 1000 sq ft (super built up) 2 BHK apartment in Mumbai suburbs cost me over 1.5 crore rupees ($ 205 k ), possession 2016 ...I can buy a bigger apartment for the same amount in Amsterdam! ...I have lived in London and now living around Amsterdam, born and brought up in Mumbai.......and I must say Mumbai is damn expensive city to live in than London or Amsterdam! at least for ppl like me who are not so rich and not poor!

Are you sure? One can buy very very small apartment for $205k in North European cities, maybe one bedroom flat.

Are you sure? One can buy very very small apartment for $205k in North European cities, maybe one bedroom flat.
dude, one bedroom in Europe is bigger in size than 2 bed in Mumbai...thats y i mentioned 1000 sq ft super built up ....40% loading..so that means I pay for 1000 sq ft but i get only 600 sq ft actual Carpet...leave alone the height if I ve to consider that as well with the EU standards then it must be around 500 sq ft....! now u do ur maths :-)

I was comparing in numbeo.com (not sure how good the numbers are).. and it seems people of delhi have lower price for most items and more purchasing power than other capitals in south asia.
Cost of Living Comparison Between Islamabad, Pakistan And Delhi, India
Cost of Living Comparison Between Colombo, Sri Lanka And Delhi, India
Cost of Living Comparison Between Dhaka, Bangladesh And Delhi, India

@Armstrong @BDforever @Gibbs are these numbers true?

Seems accurate.. Only public transport and Internet rates seems to be cheaper in Colombo.. I think Sri Lankans pay some of the highest rates on utilities in the world, But given credit that they have almost 90% electricity coverage and the only country in the region with 24/7 power throughout the year.. Load shedding is unheard of for almost two decades

I was comparing in numbeo.com (not sure how good the numbers are).. and it seems people of delhi have lower price for most items and more purchasing power than other capitals in south asia.
Cost of Living Comparison Between Islamabad, Pakistan And Delhi, India
Cost of Living Comparison Between Colombo, Sri Lanka And Delhi, India
Cost of Living Comparison Between Dhaka, Bangladesh And Delhi, India

@Armstrong @BDforever @Gibbs are these numbers true?
yes it is expensive here, that is of demand ans supply. you know that we are heavily capital city oriented. the difference of economic situations among capital city and other parts of the country is really high. just give u scenario: our per capital income is about 1200 USD. u can be sure per capital income of Dhaka is about $6000 , where rest of the country average is about $500. the jobs, demands all are high in capital city and it is really heavily populated area.

Its fine to top the chart, as long as the % amount of income spend on basics (food, housing etc) remains low on the average. Look at the thread @Peter C posted above. That is what matters.
Now i have changed my mind a bit after looking up at tht graph,indeed we should be at the top,what it shows is tht people in this part of the world save very little to spend upon them as most of it goes into feeding yourself.that's sad.

I get cheap internet, can't beat that, can you!
How cheap? I get 1GB data for $5 at most,how is it in canada? :unsure: , i would nt mind paying more if the speed was good enough,here internet crawls like a snail,it sucks :pissed:

Because we "rich", nigga.:pleasantry:

That's not what the stats show:

India HDI: 0.586
bonglo HDI: 0.558

India Per capita (PP and Nominal): $5,350/ $1500
bonglo Per capita (PP and Nominal) $2,810/ $822

You're the poorest country in South Asia.

That's everyday food dude. Roti and chai are luxuries that I can only have once a week when I find time to go to a restaurant. Anyways, the only product I can think of that comes close to Indian prices is milk.

And egg, even rice is not that expensive. :D

Back
Top Bottom