What's new

Cost of Living Around the World

I was comparing in numbeo.com (not sure how good the numbers are).. and it seems people of delhi have lower price for most items and more purchasing power than other capitals in south asia.
Cost of Living Comparison Between Islamabad, Pakistan And Delhi, India
Cost of Living Comparison Between Colombo, Sri Lanka And Delhi, India
Cost of Living Comparison Between Dhaka, Bangladesh And Delhi, India

@Armstrong @BDforever @Gibbs are these numbers true?

I don't know; some of them appear to be true others...I'm not too sure !

like which ones... what about numbers for lahore?

Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle) does not cost Rs.37 'cause no one offers a 0.33 liter bottle in Pakistan (so far as I know); a 0.5 liter bottle on the other hand (of the same) costs Rs.40 !

Nor is a Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) costing us Rs.56.56 'cause the entire packet (with more than a dozen loaves) comes for between Rs.60-70 !

And the basic bill for even a small apartment isn't going to be Rs.7,457.47 because in most cases the electricity bill is more or less that (unless you're frugality epitomized) let alone adding on Heating, Water and Garbage expenses to it !

Then theres the thing about Alcohol; 'cause it is Illegal to buy or sell Alcohol in Pakistan unless you've got a permit....I don't know how much it costs.

Plus because I don't pay the bills :ashamed: :D you should probably ask someone like @HRK or @Jazzbot who do pay bills ! :agree:

well, my 1000 sq ft (super built up) 2 BHK apartment in Mumbai suburbs cost me over 1.5 crore rupees ($ 205 k ), possession 2016 ...I can buy a bigger apartment for the same amount in Amsterdam! ...I have lived in London and now living around Amsterdam, born and brought up in Mumbai.......and I must say Mumbai is damn expensive city to live in than London or Amsterdam! at least for ppl like me who are not so rich and not poor!

Last edited:
Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle) does not cost Rs.37 'cause no one offers a 0.33 liter bottle in Pakistan (so far as I know); a 0.5 liter bottle on the other hand (of the same) costs Rs.40 !

0.5 litre pepsi is 28 taka here.

Nor is a Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) costing us Rs.56.56 'cause the entire packet (with more than a dozen loaves) comes for between Rs.60-70 !

And the basic bill for even a small apartment isn't going to be Rs.7,457.47 because in most cases the electricity bill is more or less that (unless you're frugality epitomized) let alone adding on Heating, Water and Garbage expenses to it !

Then theres the thing about Alcohol; 'cause it is Illegal to buy or sell Alcohol in Pakistan unless you've got a permit....I don't know how much it costs.

Plus because I don't pay the bills :ashamed: :D you should probably ask someone like @HRK or @Jazzbot who do pay bills ! :agree:
dont you have cold drinks in glass bottle or cans .. usually 300/330 ml
loaf of bread is the whole packet of bread before slicing .. so I guess we are comparing the whole packet.

Sorry I am a strict observer of "Civil Disobedience" ..... :enjoy:
you are just an opportunist.. :devil:
am sure you did not repay your loans and offered the bank a share of your massive body :chilli:

dont you have cold drinks in glass bottle or cans .. usually 300/330 ml

Cold drinks in glass are for Rs.15 (I think) and they come in 250ml quantity while the 330 ml can costs Rs.40 or 45 I think !

loaf of bread is the whole packet of bread before slicing .. so I guess we are comparing the whole packet.

I've been calling a slice as a loaf all my life ! :o:

I'm such an ignoramus ! :(

Cold drinks in glass are for Rs.15 (I think) and they come in 250ml quantity while the 330 ml can costs Rs.40 or 45 I think !

I've been calling a slice as a loaf all my life ! :o:

I'm such an ignoramus ! :(
can I also take this opportunity to point out that you can make voice calls/ send SMS using all andrioid/ios/windows handsets plus much more .. they are all convergent devices which means they might not be as good in each function (camera/music player/maps/browsing/game) as dedicated devices, they are good enough for many people.
You might think, oh I dont need all these, but what if you need access to information suddenly. on the go, when on road and not near a laptop.

can I also take this opportunity to point out that you can make voice calls/ send SMS using all andrioid/ios/windows handsets plus much more .. they are all convergent devices which means they might not be as good in each function (camera/music player/maps/browsing/game) as dedicated devices, they are good enough for many people.
You might think, oh I dont need all these, but what if you need access to information suddenly. on the go, when on road and not near a laptop.

Hain ?

Back
Top Bottom