What's new

Featured CoronaVirus in Pakistan - Updates & Discussion

Pakistan reports 4,373 coronavirus cases in one day

August 19, 2021

As Covid continues to eat into the wod’s health and economy with little respite even in its fourth wave, Pakistan has Sunday reported new 74 deaths owing to the global pandemic and 4,373 fresh cases.

The National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) has released daily statistics today citing 55,634 tests conducted in the past 24-hour period across Pakistan, which resulted in 7.86 per cent positivity.
Taking to Twitter, the NCOC official handle tweeted the daily update as it routinely does.

Separately from the front lines resisting the Covid menace in the country from earlier this week, 16 more healthcare workers were infected.

According to sources at the Ministry of National Health the numbers until Tuesday of health workers getting infected with the virus in Pakistan has reached 17,364.

In the past 24 hours until Tuesday, 10 more doctors, two nurses and four other health staff diagnosed positive of the Covid-19 infection, sources said.

They said that 10,418 doctors, 2,447 nurses, and 4,499 other health workers have been infected by COVID-19 in the country so far, while 168 of them have lost their fight against the infection.

1629490311518.png

August 21, 2021

Pakistan has reported 65 deaths in the last 24 hours by novel coronavirus as the number of positive cases has surged to 1,119,970. The nationwide tally of fatalities has jumped to 24,848 on Saturday.

According to the latest figures by the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC) 3,084 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 24 hours.

Punjab remains the worst-hit province in terms of deaths followed by Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Till now 11,505 individuals have lost their lives to the epidemic in Punjab 6,566 in Sindh, 4,750 in KP, 848 in Islamabad, 675 in Azad Kashmir, 335 in Balochistan, and 169 in GB.

Furthermore 418,478 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Sindh, 378,288 in Punjab, 155,712 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 95,709 in Islamabad, 31,781 in Balochistan, 30,423 in Azad Kashmir and 9,579 in Gilgit-Baltistan.

Pakistan has so far conducted 17,169,042 coronavirus tests and 53,770 in the last 24 hours 1,006,078 patients have recovered in the country whereas 5,151 patients are in critical condition.

https://nation.com.pk/NewsSource/web-desk
Web Desk
August 22, 2021

75 more deaths have been attributed to Covid in the past 24-hour period until Sunday across the country taking the toll to 24,923 since the outbreak of the virus.

According to the National Command and Operation Center (NCOC), the new daily statistics show 7.1 per cent positivity in the country as of today. There have been 53,527 tests conducted countrywide out of which 3,842 stood positive of the virus.

Earlier yesterday, the global pandemic claimed 65 more lives across Pakistan with 5,151 people suffering complications being in critical condition.

Separately, after heeding Sindh health department’s advisory on the recent rise in Covid cases, Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah further deferred the reopening of schools by one week to now open on August 30.

Holding a press conference in Karachi principally to address the woes of farmers and crop growers amid the water crisis, the province chief said the deferment of reopening comes after the health department’s warnings of a potential spike in Covid cases.

UNICEF hands over 1000 oxygen concentrators for COVID-19 patients

Mon, 23 Aug 2021,

ISLAMABAD, Aug 23 (APP):United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) handed over 1000 oxygen concentrators and related accessories worth $1.4 million to the Ministry of National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination (MoNH,R&C).

The Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Health, Dr. Faisal Sultan received the life-saving medical devices used for treating patients suffering from coronavirus infection, birth asphyxia and complicated pneumonia, from the UNICEF Representative in Pakistan, Aida Girma, said a press release issued here.

“The Delta variant has contributed to the current wave of Covid-19 in Pakistan and with a resultant inflow of hospitalized patients,” said APM Dr. Faisal Sultan. “UNICEF’s timely contribution will supplement the ministry’s continuous efforts to augment the healthcare system and provide the best possible care to all patients.

We value our partnership with UNICEF, which actively participates in various aspects of Pakistan’s pandemic response.”

The 1000 Oxygen Concentrators which have been procured by UNICEF with funds provided by the Government of Canada’s global contributions Accelerator Supplies Financing Facility, will be distributed by the MoNH,R&C to 289 health facilities in four provinces and the federal areas of Islamabad.

UNICEF commends the Government of Pakistan’s enduring efforts to fight the recurrent waves of coronavirus in the country and is determined to continue its support to national response, including through the procurement and delivery of COVID-19 vaccines or life-saving medical equipment, such as Oxygen Concentrators,” said Aida Girma, UNICEF Representative in Pakistan.

“With the fourth wave of COVID-19 and the new Delta variant causing yet another spike of infections across the country, under the leadership of the Ministry of Health, we are campaigning hard for all men and women above 18 years of age, to get vaccinated while continuing to strictly adhere to precautionary measures, such as social distancing, wearing of facial mask, frequent hand-washing with soap to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.”

Including the latest consignment, UNICEF has so far provided a total of 3065 Oxygen Concentrators to the Government of Pakistan, during the last twelve months.

Earlier, UNICEF had provided 525 Oxygen concentrators from its own funds, 220 from funds received from the Asian Development Bank and 1320 from the World Bank’s Pandemic Emergency Funding.

To date, UNICEF has delivered over 14 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to Pakistan on behalf of the COVAX facility and another 11 million doses are in the pipeline expected to arrive by next month.

US to ship 3mn doses of Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine to Pakistan

• Only 6.2% of 13.4 million of Pakistan's total population of 220 million have been fully vaccinated

Reuters
24 Aug 2021

6124d83810ce0.jpg

WASHINGTON: The United States will ship just over 3 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to Pakistan via the COVAX global distribution program on Tuesday, bringing the total number of doses sent to Pakistan to around 8.5 million, a White House official said.

Scientific teams and legal and regulatory authorities from both countries worked together to ensure the prompt delivery of the 3,006,900 vaccine lots made by Pfizer and Germany's BioNTech, the official said.

"The Biden-Harris administration understands that putting an end to this pandemic requires eliminating it around the world," the official said.

The shipment is part of a US vaccine diplomacy effort that has sent vaccines to dozens of countries. The doses will be delivered through the COVAX program, run by the World Health Organization, the official said.

Pakistan has reported over 25,000 deaths by COVID-19 and 1.13 million infections, with infection rates fueled in recent weeks by the highly transmissible Delta variant.

Only 6.2% of 13.4 million of Pakistan's total population of 220 million have been fully vaccinated, according to the Our World in Data website.

I need advice. I have normal flu and cough. Can I take sinopharm in this condition or should I just wait to recover and than take the first shot ... ??

@ghazi52 , @Imran Khan , @The Accountant , @The Eagle

What I have understood so far is that, at the time of Covid vaccination, a person should be healthy/stable with strong immune system. Vaccines(sinopharm/sinovac) have dead/inactivated virus. One a person is injected with vaccine, his immune system respond to it and fights the dead virus and it keeps on fighting it for next 2/3/4 weeks and then stands guard incase virus strikes again. These are called antibodies.

The thing with common cold/flu is that, its also viral. Hence your immune system respond to it and starts fighting, till the time it defeats the virus and they take time to recover and get strong again.

Hence the reason its recommended not to get vaccinated if you are already suffering from cold/virus and get the corona shot afterwards once your immune system is out of battle and is stronger. Now how many days or weeks? That I don't know, could be just a week or could be 2/3 weeks.

Anyway, I once read a comment by @Baby Leone , who got common cold in middle of his 1st and second shot and doctor advised him to delay the second. May be he can put some insight.

What I have understood so far is that, at the time of Covid vaccination, a person should be healthy/stable with strong immune system. Vaccines(sinopharm/sinovac) have dead/inactivated virus. One a person is injected with vaccine, his immune system respond to it and fights the dead virus and it keeps on fighting it for next 2/3/4 weeks and then stands guard incase virus strikes again. These are called antibodies.

The thing with common cold/flu is that, its also viral. Hence your immune system respond to it and starts fighting, till the time it defeats the virus and they take time to recover and get strong again.

Hence the reason its recommended not to get vaccinated if you are already suffering from cold/virus and get the corona shot afterwards once your immune system is out of battle and is stronger. Now how many days or weeks? That I don't know, could be just a week or could be 2/3 weeks.

Anyway, I once read a comment by @Baby Leone , who got common cold in middle of his 1st and second shot and doctor advised him to delay the second. May be he can put some insight.

Okay. I was planning to take first shot today but now I think I will wait till Monday. Thanks.

Last edited:
Go for Covid-19 test...Go forbade if you take vaccine while having Covid it could be deadly.
@Mrc

I have no serious symptoms neither do I see any thing different this time. All the symptoms are of regular flu that I usually had in past times. Still, I think you are right I will go for covid test.

I have no serious symptoms neither do I see any thing different this time. All the symptoms are of regular flu that I usually had in past times. Still, I think you are right I will go for covid test.
If result comes positive then you should wait another 2-3 months before going to vaccination..

Back
Top Bottom