What's new

CoronaVirus in Bangladesh - Updates & Discussion

I have no idea. He was afraid. It happened yesterday. He said that police will come and will ask for evidence and then how he can provide? He didn't record the Mike announce!

This is ridiculous if true!

All that needs to happen is that the police need to keep an eye on the area to deter this from happening in the future.

However @UKBengali what's your opinion on the news that youths are in very danger in Bangladesh for coronavirus?

Rubbish.

Death rates for the young are around 0.5% - yes they need to practice social distancing but they are not at the most risk category.

This is ridiculous if true!

All that needs to happen is that the police need to keep an eye on the area to deter this from happening in the future.
I believe spy networks should be over active. They need to use human intelligence to keep an eye in every areas. I am afraid after hearing it. We have thousands of villages, and it will be a big problem.

Rubbish.

Death rates for the young are around 0.5% - yes they need to practice social distancing but they are not at the most risk category.
Okay then such news portals should be in observation too. Why they are spreading panic!

I believe spy networks should be over active. They need to use human intelligence to keep an eye in every areas. I am afraid after hearing it. We have thousands of villages, and it will be a big problem.

They need to use a brain and just send drones over village areas.

They are cheap and BAC already makes them. Can be produced in mass at short notice.

Sometimes I wonder at the qualifications of some of the public officials in power.

They need to use a brain and just send drones over village areas.

They are cheap and BAC already makes them. Can be produced in mass at short notice.

Sometimes I wonder at the qualifications of some of the public officials in power.
Yes I agree. However their qualification is limited to academic qualification only. I believe only our military can the true folks who can counter such pandemic. Govt need to deploy more personnel I believe. Although don't know how many personnel already deployed. But surely drone and also human intelligence ( run by military) can be very useful. As common people respect military so human intelligence run by military will be very useful IMHO.

Bangladesh extends coronavirus shutdown till April 25
Shohel Mamun
  • Published at 02:06 pm April 10th, 2020
empty-dhaka-1585238440645.jpg

File photo: Empty streets of Shapla Chattar, Dhaka on March 26, 2020 Syed Zakir Hossain/Dhaka Tribune

No staying outside after 6pm, says a circular by the Ministry of Public Administration

The government has extended the ongoing nationwide general holiday for seven more days till April 25, in order to contain the spread of the deadly coronavirus.

The Ministry of Public Administration issued a circular in this regard on Friday.

The government has also directed everyone to stay home after 6pm, according to the circular.

Violation of this directive will result in legal action, it says.

Movement between neighbourhoods and localities have also been restricted.

Emergency services such as power, gas, water, internet, fire service, telephone and ambulance are exempted from the shutdown.

On March 26, the government first introduced a 10-day shutdown till April 4, which was later extended till April 11, and then again till April 14.

In the latest move, the government has declared a general holiday on April 15 and 16, followed by the weekend.

The general holiday is extended from April 19 to April 23, which means, with the weekend, it will continue till April 25.

As of Friday, Bangladesh has recorded 27 deaths amid 424 cases from Covid-19, a pandemic announced by the World Health Organization (WHO).

The fast spreading disease, which was first reported in China's Wuhan city in December last year, has claimed over 95,700 lives and infected more than 1,605,700 people across the world till date, according to Worldometers.

As many as 357,003 people have recovered from Covid-19, a disease caused by a new strain of coronavirus, which has spread to 210 countries and territories across the world and two international conveyances.

Source: https://www.dhakatribune.com/health...adesh-likely-to-extend-shutdown-till-april-25

Published on 05:47 PM, April 10, 2020
BGMEA announces shutdown of garment factories till April 25

rmg.png

Star Online Report
Garment factory owners today decided to keep their factories shut up to April 25, in line with the government's decision to extend the ongoing closure.

The decision was disbursed through a joint statement by Rubana Huq, president of Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA), and AKM Salim Osman, president of Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BKMEA).

The joint statement was posted on a WhatsApp message thread to a group of journalists by the BGMEA today.

If any factory owner wants to pay the workers during this time they need to inform the BGMEA, BKMEA, and Industrial Police, according to the statement.

Earlier, both the associations suggested their members complete the payment of March salaries to the garment workers by April 16.

Source :https://www.thedailystar.net/online...n-garment-factories-till-april-25-1891510?amp

@UKBengali finally a great news Bhai. Only govt leave won't work. Now it's official declaration from BGMEA. So now I wish till 25 April if govt can take ultra hard line we can be saved inshallah. And already many districts started to locked down. Now perhaps only lockdown on Mullahs ( right now) will be very helpful preventing the coronavirus.

In this 15 days if no one goes outside without emergency, I wish the disease will stop spreading. Your opinion please.

https://www.banglainsider.com/bangladesh/54098/দেশের-অর্ধেক-জেলা-লক-ডাউন

Last edited:
Published on 05:47 PM, April 10, 2020
BGMEA announces shutdown of garment factories till April 25

rmg.png

Star Online Report
Garment factory owners today decided to keep their factories shut up to April 25, in line with the government's decision to extend the ongoing closure.

The decision was disbursed through a joint statement by Rubana Huq, president of Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA), and AKM Salim Osman, president of Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BKMEA).

The joint statement was posted on a WhatsApp message thread to a group of journalists by the BGMEA today.

If any factory owner wants to pay the workers during this time they need to inform the BGMEA, BKMEA, and Industrial Police, according to the statement.

Earlier, both the associations suggested their members complete the payment of March salaries to the garment workers by April 16.

Source :https://www.thedailystar.net/online...n-garment-factories-till-april-25-1891510?amp

@UKBengali finally a great news Bhai. Only govt leave won't work. Now it's official declaration from BGMEA. So now I wish till 25 April if govt can take ultra hard line we can be saved inshallah. And already many districts started to locked down. Now perhaps only lockdown on Mullahs ( right now) will be very helpful preventing the coronavirus.

In this 15 days if no one goes outside without emergency, I wish the disease will stop spreading. Your opinion please.

https://www.banglainsider.com/bangladesh/54098/দেশের-অর্ধেক-জেলা-লক-ডাউন

Excellent news and shows BD government is treating Corona virus as the serious threat it is.

Bangladesh reports 3 more coronavirus deaths, 58 test positive in 24hrs: health minister

coronavirus-covid19_3.jpg

Star Online Report
Three more died of coronavirus infection in the last 24 hours, Health Minister Zahid Maleque said today.

The death toll now stands at 30, the minister said during the briefing.

Fifty-eight people have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 24 hours. With this, the total number of infected has reached 482.

A total number of 954 samples were tested in the last 24 hours, the minister also said.

More to follow...........

Source: https://www.thedailystar.net/corona...st-positive-24hrs-health-minister-1891876?amp

@UKBengali, look at the news. It's great indeed. Only 58 new infection. Thanks to Allah that our govt is doing good. But we should increase the test numbers per day I think.

There was a suggestion of making a sticky 'announcement' thread in each country section that redirects to the respective country threads in the COVID-19 section - no decision on that yet
Please brother consider taking the decision asap. I think It will bring more people to discuss. We have hard time to find this post.
@AgNoStiC MuSliM, @WebMaster

Last edited:
Bangladesh reports 3 more coronavirus deaths, 58 test positive in 24hrs: health minister

coronavirus-covid19_3.jpg

Star Online Report
Three more died of coronavirus infection in the last 24 hours, Health Minister Zahid Maleque said today.

The death toll now stands at 30, the minister said during the briefing.

Fifty-eight people have tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 24 hours. With this, the total number of infected has reached 482.

A total number of 954 samples were tested in the last 24 hours, the minister also said.

More to follow...........

Source: https://www.thedailystar.net/corona...st-positive-24hrs-health-minister-1891876?amp

@UKBengali, look at the news. It's great indeed. Only 58 new infection. Thanks to Allah that our govt is doing good. But we should increase the test numbers per day I think.

Yes that is excellent that the reported deaths and infections are not shooting up exponentially. Unfortunately more people have died and been infected than reported but this is also the case in other countries, although likely to be more as a percentage in BD than in richer and more developed countries.

Still need around another 2 weeks of data to know exactly the trajectory that BD will follow and I do agree that the current 1000 tests a day should be increased as soon as possible - I would like the government to target 10,000 tests a day by the end of the month.

Last edited:
British-Bangladeshi doctor dies of Covid-19 after pleading for more PPEs

A British-Bangladeshi hospital consultant in London has died from the coronavirus infection weeks after pleading to UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson for more personal protective equipment for frontline staff, according to a report published in The Guardian yesterday.

Abdul Mabud Chowdhury, a consultant urologist at Homerton hospital in Hackney in east London, died after spending 15 days in Queens hospital, the report says.

Chowdhury, 53, was born in Bangladesh and had no underlying health conditions.
https://www.thedailystar.net/corona...ies-covid-19-after-pleading-more-ppes-1891411

I offer my deepest condolences to her family and all his fellows, patients.

Chowdhury, 53, was born in Bangladesh and had no underlying health conditions.
Yesterday in Turkey, 21-year-old university senior student (ITU Aeronautical Engineering) and 38 years pharmacist passed away because of Cov19. Neither had a chronic disease. Unfortunately, we will face much more painful things. My friend's father died in London because of Covid, yesterday. he had been isolated since the beginning of the process and had no serious chronic problems. Moreover, when he was sick, there were no strong symptoms.

This is very sad. Social distancing for some is the only antidote. But that is not possible for people in the medical profession. Doctors and Nurses are our heroes and we applaud them for risking their lives trying to save these patients.

In China - there has been some treatment breakthroughs using ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation)

This is a treatment where a machine pumps and re-oxygenates the blood outside the body to give the lungs and heart a rest, similar to that used in heart bypass surgery.

However the machines can only be made in China at very low cost.

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1185260.shtml

@UKBengali bhai, @Homo Sapiens bhai, @Avicenna bhai and @Michael Corleone bhai might know more on ECMO process which will be essential to treat future pandemics of SARS. MERS, Covid-19 and other Corona Virus caused respiratory diseases.

Back
Top Bottom