What's new

CoronaVirus in Bangladesh - Updates & Discussion

Guys, why are we feeding the Tamil troll for?

These creatures are so despicable they will even use Corona pandemic to carry out their hatred/butthurt at BD.

Just ignore and move on.

He is now jobless and under quarantine. Perfect time for him to do trolling as he has lots of free time for spamming, copy pasting old messages or save new for future use.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/bangladesh/
For a country of 160+ millions. 17 deaths is actually a respectable figure given more developed countries are having trouble containing the disease. The main objective is self isolation/ quarantine. In Bangladesh many have been breaking this rule in the beginning and at the same time blaming the government for getting infected? Anyways hopefully some tough love for the army helps people stay at home and stop the spread. And to all the naysayers if the situation is as bad as they claim, people would have been dying in lakhs and not thousands or even at the current ten digit number. So stay at home, chill and stop banging about your keyboard

Stop quoting and tagging me and instead just read your own ppl commentary on the issue compared to region instead:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/bangladesh-moves-to-export-professional-ppe.660001/#post-12205588

Personally have helped 2 BD members on just this forum with medical enquiries for their family members visiting India and what the deep issues are with BD health sector...so there is nothing wrong in stating fact with BD clearly being behind the regional average in its capacity for the sector.

You can simply wait for the final numbers later too....but maybe it will all officially be 95% success rate for 95% seat win govt.

Let's simply see the big ramp increase in tests that was promised for this week by the big mouths....or the big change in strategy (dont test much, no problem!).

Then we have the unemployed tantrum brat that blows his princess fuse over this:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/coro...dates-discussion.657262/page-14#post-12205196

thinking its credible in assigning "troll" labels :lol:

Woah 6 month ignore period! Take that! Or is it full year like with bluesky? :rofl:

Simmer down snowflake.

I know your a fan so I thought this might cheer you up.

#Nilgirilifegoals

upload_2020-4-7_20-24-19.png

For a country of 160+ millions. 17 deaths is actually a respectable figure given more developed countries are having trouble containing the disease. The main objective is self isolation/ quarantine. In Bangladesh many have been breaking this rule in the beginning and at the same time blaming the government for getting infected? Anyways hopefully some tough love for the army helps people stay at home and stop the spread. And to all the naysayers if the situation is as bad as they claim, people would have been dying in lakhs and not thousands or even at the current ten digit number. So stay at home, chill and stop banging about your keyboard

You can't trust numbers.

From anyone.

In a country of 160 million how many test have been done to confirm how many affected ? our govt. policy is NO TEST NO CORONA that's why we are seeing 14 people died of corona but more people died of fever and cough. we are witnessing more people with respiratory problem compare with last year its 11 times more . so many people have already died of corona virus but undetected and its already spread many areas in Bangladesh
This is how we are fighting CORONA .:eek:

Last edited:
https://www.thedailystar.net/corona...aths-54-test-positive-24hrs-iedcr-1890868?amp

Bangladesh reports 3 more coronavirus deaths, 54 test positive in 24hrs: IEDCR

coronavirus_18.jpg

Star Online Report
Three more died of coronavirus infection in the last 24 hours, IEDCR said today.

The death toll now stands at 20, Dr Meerjady Sabrina Flora, director, Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) said during a briefing.

Fifty-four people have tested positive for Covid-19 in last 24 hours. With this, the total number of infected has reached 218.

PS: @UKBengali, I think it's the time to lockdown Dhaka and govt should do it right now ( official declaration needed, not only preventing enter and exit, but strict to people who are still gathering) ! Of the new 54 people , 39 are from Dhaka! What say you bro ? As I said if now Dhaka is locked down, then there is a possibility that after 14 days the lockdown lifted so less harm to local business.

https://www.thedailystar.net/corona...aths-54-test-positive-24hrs-iedcr-1890868?amp

Bangladesh reports 3 more coronavirus deaths, 54 test positive in 24hrs: IEDCR

coronavirus_18.jpg

Star Online Report
Three more died of coronavirus infection in the last 24 hours, IEDCR said today.

The death toll now stands at 20, Dr Meerjady Sabrina Flora, director, Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) said during a briefing.

Fifty-four people have tested positive for Covid-19 in last 24 hours. With this, the total number of infected has reached 218.

PS: @UKBengali, I think it's the time to lockdown Dhaka and govt should do it right now ( official declaration needed, not only preventing enter and exit, but strict to people who are still gathering) ! Of the new 54 people , 39 are from Dhaka! What say you bro ? As I said if now Dhaka is locked down, then there is a possibility that after 14 days the lockdown lifted so less harm to local business.

I do not think it is possible to carry out what you have in rich and developed countries in BD. We need to forget Modi's "lockdown" stunt that was more a show for the world than anything practical.

Yes people should not be going out in large crowds, only go out for essential food, medical needs and exercise and so practice social distancing as much as possible but due to poverty and population density, I think Dhaka will suffer quite a lot compared to rest of BD.

If you look at UK and USA, the largest cities London and New York are heavily suffering. But as a good sign for BD, massive Los Angeles that has a warmer climate is much less affected.

PS - If you notice 54 tested positive tests and 3 more sad deaths yesterday, which means that the number of daily tests are now nearing 1000 from just 100 a week ago.

In a country of 160 million how many test have been done to confirm how many affected ? our govt. policy is NO TEST NO CORONA that's why we are seeing 14 people died of corona but more people died of fever and cough. we are witnessing more people with respiratory problem compare with last year its 11 times more . so many people have already died of corona virus but undetected and its already spread many areas in Bangladesh
This is how we are fighting CORONA .:eek:
I’m sure adequate testing is not done but to me it seems mass hysteria is also playing a hand in this. People now died with corona can’t be buried normally. If someone is burying them and not getting sick... definitely not corona. There’s a shortage of everything atm so it’s normal to see no tasting done.
My parents didn’t get testing done because they ran out of kits. I and my brother didn’t get them because there isn’t any kit in ukraine and the same shit in bd. Same with all medical supply etc. stay home, don’t go out and then blame your fever on the govt because they didn’t test you.

PS - If you notice 54 tested positive tests and 3 more sad deaths yesterday, which means that the number of daily tests are now nearing 1000 from just 100 a week ago.

But as a good sign for BD, massive Los Angeles that has a warmer climate is much less affected.

Yes I have noticed. I wish next 2 weeks will pass with minimal loss , and also others will strictly work as Prime minister said and will Co operate with army. It's 8 April and weather is becoming warmer. I hate warm weather but for the first time in my life I am praying for warm weather, so it can help us fighting coronavirus. May Allah save us.

And for the rest of your post, your points are valid.

https://www.newagebd.net/article/10...g-7-indians-quarantined-in-patuakhali-mosques

109 Tabligh people including 7 Indians quarantined in Patuakhali mosques
Our Correspondent . Patuakhali | Published: 14:15, Apr 08,2020 | Updated: 16:19, Apr 08,2020

Local administration in Patuakhali on Wednesday quarantined 109 members of Tabligh Jamaat including seven Indians in six mosques across the district.

The Indians are kept at Tabligh’s local markaz at Rangabali and others are kept at mosques in Khalishakhali and Ballabhpur in Patuakhali Sadar, Galachipa and Dashmina.

Local people have been asked not to go to the mosques for the next 14 days.

Earlier, Patuakhali deputy commissioner Matiul Islam Chowdhury ordered the authorities concerned to close all sorts of business outlets after 5:00pm to ensure social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic.

However, medicine shops will be out of the ban.

Yes I have noticed. I wish next 2 weeks will pass with minimal loss , and also others will strictly work as Prime minister said and will Co operate with army. It's 8 April and weather is becoming warmer. I hate warm weather but for the first time in my life I am praying for warm weather, so it can help us fighting coronavirus. May Allah save us.

And for the rest of your post, your points are valid.

Warm Australia has 50 deaths with a population of 25 million compared to colder Netherlands with over 2000 deaths with lesser population of 17 million.

The hope is that as temperatures start getting above 20C in Europe, then that will have an extra effect on inhibiting the spread of coronavirus.

Evidence is very strong that the virus does not like warm weather and so with BD hitting more than 30C during the day, that should give some extra help to BD in fighting the pandemic.

Local administration in Patuakhali on Wednesday quarantined 109 members of Tabligh Jamaat including seven Indians in six mosques across the district.
Tabligh Jamaat members will have now unlimited time to pray and pray. The should forget doing any other things except praying. All other religious ignorant should take lessons from this hard quarantine.

Cox’s Bazar locked down

coxs_bazar_sea_0.jpg

Star file photo
Star Online Report
Cox's Bazar district has been put under lockdown today to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Confirming the development to The Daily Star, Deputy Commissioner Md Kamal Hossain said the district is under lockdown, starting this afternoon. The lockdown will stay until further notice in this regard.

No one can enter or exit the district from now on, he said.

He warned of taking stern action if anyone violated this order.

Source: https://www.thedailystar.net/novel-coronavirus-ouotbreak-coxs-bazar-locked-down-1890883?amp

@Dubious can you please move this thread to Bangladesh section or perhaps make it sticky there. Otherwise people will loss track of it.
@Slav Defence brother, is it possible to move this thread to Bangladesh Defence forum and make it sticky?I agree with @Black_cats that If it's in Bangladesh section as sticky post, it will be easier for us to find because we don't visit other sections often so our notifications are actually full of Bangladesh Defence forum, so it's harder to find the thread for us. IMHO it's better to discuss the pandemic in one thread than opening multiple threads.

Thanks and regards.

Last edited:
@WebMaster @waz @AgNoStiC MuSliM @WAJsal @jaibi

I think a good idea would be to have a "redirect" stickied at top of each country subforum (that has one) to the (main) corona-thread of relevance in the corona-subforum.

I have seen this redirect feature before (the thread name etc stays up in the original spot)...it should work well for this purpose....since many people do go to their subforums largely/mainly.

Back
Top Bottom