What's new

Corona Virus India l Updates, News & Discussion

Districts with cases reported. It's not written in stone, can be increased as per situation.
My district is also down till the 31st.
Its eerie, no vehicular horns blowing, no street noise. Its surreal.
The Chinese have really brought the movies home to the world.

Seen some vids of people thronging railway stations in Mumbai and in other large towns and going to their villages and smaller towns, of yesterday...that look outrageous. And must be in lacs/millions...and this can spread the COVID-19 to villages and small towns.

And since they are not tested and the incubation period of Virus at 15 days max...they carry huge risks. Should have been asked to stay at their place of work...enforced.

Districts with cases reported. It's not written in stone, can be increased as per situation.
My district is also down till the 31st.
Its eerie, no vehicular horns blowing, no street noise. Its surreal.
The Chinese have really brought the movies home to the world.
I felt the same when I went out a few minutes back...it's like a ghost town...I.am.from telangana..our state is going to be locked down from tomorrow till 31st of March.
But I am really happy with the way we Indians have been responding...till yesterday I never thought people will cooperate with govt in such a manner..it shows that people here can be moulded into good citizens

Seen some vids of people thronging railway stations in Mumbai and in other large towns and going to their villages and smaller towns, of yesterday...that look outrageous. And must be in lacs/millions...and this can spread the COVID-19 to villages and small towns.

And since they are not tested and the incubation period of Virus at 15 days max...they carry huge risks. Should have been asked to stay at their place of work...enforced.

Thankfully nearly all states will be locked down from tomorrow...this lock Down will continue at least for 2 weeks...Thankfully summer has set in India unlike Pakistan and apart from 5 to 6 members no one who didn't have travelling to abroad history recently hasn't contacted with corona till now...

and I hope you will pressurise Imran khan to shutdown Pakistan just as Modi is ordering states in India.

thanks for the sarcasm...Pakistanis and Indians are good at pointing fingers to each others, let it be...might work as well.

Criticism is good...Indians gets triggered more/easily. Pakistanis can take it more as per my observation and of many others.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1537336

thanks for the sarcasm...Pakistanis and Indians are good at pointing fingers to each others, let it be...might work as well.

Criticism is good...Indians gets triggered more/easily. Pakistanis can take it more as per my observation and of many others.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1537336
Pakistanis seem to be more relaxed...last time I checked the pak corona figures on dawn this morning it was 645...now it shot upto 757...What's going on mate?the situation is turning dangerous....

Pakistanis seem to be more relaxed...last time I checked the pak corona figures on dawn this morning it was 645...now it shot upto 757...What's going on mate?the situation is turning dangerous....

Lockdown in Sindh for 15 days. Karachi is more susceptible to cases and spread too, many migrants from other areas of country, but they are not going to their native villages...this is a good thing.

70 new cases in Punjab spiked up the numbers, 4 deaths so far...few recovered, all is not well...

Listen how one can ev

You seem to be unhappy with the lesser number of cases in India compared to Pakistan...luckily Indian govt has woken up early unlike pak govt and is locking down everything until March 31st..nearly all states have announced lockdown till 31st march.
If people are really getting infected with corona they will show symptoms and they will hurry to hospitals..luckily no one till now (except for people who came from abroad) has shown such symptoms
Bhai how have India woken up early? Are you having a laugh?

You're basing the current protocol on a VASTLY UNDERESTIMATED INFECTION RATE.

Why is it UNDERESTIMATED? Because of the rubbish testing criteria used hitherto. You're failing to understand the link between testing and containment and further management. The test results guide management. But since you've missed cases by the shed load, this patchwork and incomplete approach to lockdown won't work.

Anyway, as some posters have suggested, why should I bother? I suspect many Indians wouldn't waste their breath in this way.

Far better that the population gets the message that this is serious than have our government under-test or hide cases.

I hope the lockdown works for India.

Here In Sindh lockdown will start at 1200 am.

Bhai how have India woken up early? Are you having a laugh?

You're basing the current protocol on a VASTLY UNDERESTIMATED INFECTION RATE.

Why is it UNDERESTIMATED? Because of the rubbish testing criteria used hitherto. You're failing to understand the link between testing and containment and further management. The test results guide management. But since you've missed cases by the shed load, this patchwork and incomplete approach to lockdown won't work.

Anyway, as some posters have suggested, why should I bother? I suspect many Indians wouldn't waste their breath in this way.

Far better that the population gets the message that this is serious than have our government under-test or hide cases.

...this looks and sounds horrendous. Pandemic and Endemic...

Corona
300-500 Million cases of Corona by July if India doesnt act with urgency warns expert

Indians will dismiss it as sickular Congress media propaganda...

Isn't Mojo a leftist liberal channel...hated by the Sanghis.
The interviewer is barkha dutt, a committed leftist. In ndtv she had a prominent position but became a burden with her blunders. After a few years in the wilderness , she had started this channel , which is unknown to most.
And married to a Kashmiri Muslim , so suspect in eyes of the right wing.

The interviewer is barkha dutt, a committed leftist. In ndtv she had a prominent position but became a burden with her blunders. After a few years in the wilderness , she had started this channel , which is unknown to most.
And married to a Kashmiri Muslim , so suspect in eyes of the right wing.
That fellow is saying 30 to 50 crore people will be infected with corona in India...is he joking?or was he thinking govt will be sleeping till then?

India reports seventh death as coronavirus cases reach 360
By
Tehelka Web Desk
-
March 22, 2020

India on Sunday reported three more deaths due to Covid-19 as the total death toll reaches seven and the number of Coronavirus cases reaches 360.

Maharashtra has the highest number of cases, followed by Kerala, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Karnataka.

Gujarat reported its first death due to Covid-19 as 69 years old male patient died at Surat hospital.

The country on Sunday observed unprecedented shutdown ‘Janta Curfew’, called by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, to stop the spread of Coronavirus disease.

PM Modi thanked the people for expressing gratitude towards those who are at the forefront of the battle against Coronavirus.

“The country thanked each person who led the fight against the Coronavirus. Many thanks to the countrymen,” PM Modi tweeted.

Indian Railways has cancelled all the passenger trains till March 31 to curb the spread of Coronavirus.

Many states have also taken the decision to lockdown till March 31.

http://tehelka.com/india-reports-seventh-death-as-coronavirus-cases-reaches-360/

I don't think this virus is any more deadly in India then it is in Pakistan. India has more double the confirmed corona virus deaths than Pakistan does.......to me this suggests that India had more than double the amount of infected.

India reports seventh death as coronavirus cases reach 360
By
Tehelka Web Desk
-
March 22, 2020

India on Sunday reported three more deaths due to Covid-19 as the total death toll reaches seven and the number of Coronavirus cases reaches 360.

Maharashtra has the highest number of cases, followed by Kerala, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Karnataka.

Gujarat reported its first death due to Covid-19 as 69 years old male patient died at Surat hospital.

The country on Sunday observed unprecedented shutdown ‘Janta Curfew’, called by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, to stop the spread of Coronavirus disease.

PM Modi thanked the people for expressing gratitude towards those who are at the forefront of the battle against Coronavirus.

“The country thanked each person who led the fight against the Coronavirus. Many thanks to the countrymen,” PM Modi tweeted.

Indian Railways has cancelled all the passenger trains till March 31 to curb the spread of Coronavirus.

Many states have also taken the decision to lockdown till March 31.

http://tehelka.com/india-reports-seventh-death-as-coronavirus-cases-reaches-360/

I don't think this virus is any more deadly in India then it is in Pakistan. India has more double the confirmed corona virus deaths than Pakistan does.......to me this suggests that India had more than double the amount of infected.
Ohoo...nice observation...you no need to wait for long..Another 2 weeks and we will know which country is standing where...once the deaths and the number of patients increase , no govt can hide the actual figure...for the time being we trust the number that is given to us by our govt

Back
Top Bottom