What's new

Congratulations, Mullahs - #KillAllMuslims is now trending worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, I wonder if Hindus would have remained peaceful had Hinduism been a constant target of ridicule and oppress

In the United States the scholastic examination on the State of Israel in regards to its domestic and foreign policy is rebuked and is deemed academic suicidal, since no one is willing to publish your work. Norman Finklestein without the support of Noam Chomsky would have been crucified and ridiculed in the academic circles of America. My point is simple, when you demonize a particular group within books, films and the media, then there is bound to be a negative backlash. This is proven in history, when pamphlets and cartoonist were depicting the Jews as the greedy bourgeoisie that stole from the poor and were the sole reason for the destruction of Europe. The outcome can be seen in the concentration camps.

I wonder if the same would be applicable to followers of Judaism and Christianity. Why do people consider Muslims immune to ridicule, insult and oppression?
You dont ave to wonder. These cartoonistss have lampooned all those groups as well. There are many comedians, filmmakers etc who constantly lampoon christianity. And artists - check out 'Piss christ' for instance. Or the films of Monty Python, or the skits of Bill Maher. The film 'Exhorcist' has a scene with a 11 year old Linda Blair masturbating with a cross, and grunting "Let Jesus fvck me." That film won a few academy awards, and is considered a classic in filmmaking. Did you see Catholics running rampage with assault rifles?

Only muslims are expected to show their offence by murder and mayhem. Others don't. At least, not to the same extent. Nobody considers muslims immune to that - on the contrary, only muslims are considered weak enough to not stand a comic or a joke or a film.

Last edited:
If Muslims live in their own countries they make their rules. If they live in other peoples' countries they have to obey the rules.

"Killallmuslims" may not be true but "avoid any Muslims" sounds real...

What you are doing, besides being extremely ignorant, is underrating the might of pen.
If the pen is so mighty, use it - why use Kalashnikovs?

I agree

I am compelled to share something sad though.

when there is an atrocity where the victim and the culprits are both Muslims. (pick any from Iraq, Syria to pakistan Peshawar being latest).

instead of a similar unqualified sympathy, mocking comments are made about victims and religion and the incident is celebrated with emotes saying Muslims are killing Muslim and it must have to do with the religion. suddenly the victims are "Muslims".. not human, not unarmed, not women or children" BUT Muslims.

yes there were outpouring sympathy from the world over Peshawar tragedy but there were also very sickening comments by people as well. and this was nothing new

there is a trend over it. when the same terrorists are targeting Muslims, the news is brushed aside as a matter of fact.

True, but now consider the other side of that. When muslims kill muslims, do other muslims display so much outrage? If Israelis kill a few Palestinians, there are demonstrations across the world, including India and Pak. When a 100,000 muslims have been killed in Syria by muslims in the past two years? Or some 60,000 in Pak over the past ten years? Do you see the same rage in the muslim world? If not, how do you expect the rest of the world to care? If muslims regard 100s of 1000s of muslims killing each other as unworthy of attention, but consider the killing of 5-10 muslims by non muslims as a reason to protest across the world, sometimes even violently, you can understand why the rest of the world also has similar dissonances.

There were riots in B'desh when a mosque in India was demolished by hindu fanatic mobs. How many places of worship have been destroyed in the middle east by muslims? With this selective outrage from the muslim community, is it any wonder that the world also displays selective sympathy?

The muslim world has some serious introspection to do.

Yes because you have no courage to stand against bullying of west but cry when Muslims hits.back

I do more to protect the interests of Pakistan and Muslims through my means than you could do through yours.
Hell, if anything, your means just make it worse. Before Muslims started standing up to the west, the Middle East and Pakistan were much nicer places to be.

Your fellow TTP brothers think a lot like you. Shame on you.

We are not muslims for being famous,like some cool kid in the college.
We are muslims because we want and choose to be such.
If anyone has problem with that,i won't lose my sleep on that. You may.

You're being misrepresented by people, and the West is buying it. You then pick a fight with the person misrepresenting you and harming you directly, or the people being fooled?

Then how can you imply that all or a majority of 'us' are rotten apples ? :(

It's one thing to be a terrorist, another to be a supporter, yet another to be radical...
and another to be an apologist of all of the above.

Far too many Muslims subscribe to these radical ideas, I see it everywhere, including on this forum. @Zarvan please tell him, what that's like.

A smaller percentage sympathise with terrorists and an even smaller and more vulnerable group then engage in these activities. Our religious leaders are the most useless people on God's green earth. When they're not using religion for their own agenda, or promoting and hate and petty issues, then they're not doing any of that, they're still being absolutely useless. Hardly any effort to curb the extremism within our ranks, no efforts to reach out to those we have differences, adamant to keep their religion tied to the state but as far away from civil society as possible.

The collective blame of these rotten apples is ours. How is it we in our billions are allowing these few thousands to hold us hostage in our own backyards? When faced with criticism, the natural response is to identify yourself as a moderate. And that's the right thing to do, clearly mark the difference between you and these despicable animals. Yet it seems that a HUGE chunk of people refuse to even identify the radicals as a problem, you ask them what the problem is, they will say: US' war, conspiracy A, conspiracy B, illuminati, Jews, Israel, or simple refusal to accept that these TTP types identify themselves as Muslims.

How can anyone who thinks like that be part of the solution?

That's another thing, when asked the definition of a moderate Christian: A believer but probably not to keen on practising. Moderate Jew: The same, believes in the core tenants of their religion, but not so strong on practising. Moderate Muslim? Not a terrorist.... you see the huge difference here?

Do you see the same rage in the muslim world? If not, how do you expect the rest of the world to care?

I expect rest of the world to care because if it doesn't then it looses the basis to criticise Muslims. its only following the footsteps of the apologists.

thanks

In my opinion, if Islam has to be fixed muslims should remove this muslim vs non-muslim perspective and take a humanist approach just like other religions have done in past.

With this selective outrage from the muslim community, is it any wonder that the world also displays selective sympathy?
again you are right but yet again I say, why a bad example set by Muslims should be used as an excuse by those who are not Muslims?
if the debate and argument is of being a better human and on the mount Everest of Morality then why aim low? why look at bad examples as an inspiration?

just imagine that how many Indians know about Abdul Satar Edhi compare to Hafiz Saeed? bad press is more interesting. controversy causes interest doesnt it?

my point here is. no matter how much we deny it.. we are no better than each other we have our selective sympathies its like a barrier and we cant break free from it.

Suppose, lets think all Muslims are killed, I mean there are no Muslims in the next minute. Muslims suddenly vanish (theoretically). Now what?? Will the wold be better place??

Then CHristians and Hindus and Budhists will fight with each other....

"we live in a small city, in a small country, of a small world, in a small galaxy with millions of planets. A galaxy contained in a cluster of galaxies and a universe with an infinite number of these clusters. A vastness of space with billions of galaxies, stars, planets and worlds that God presides over yet in this small city we feel we need to be the protectors of a God of all these infinite worlds?"

Great to hear someone else thinks like me :) This is what I tell my friends in a debate about religion. I'm more agnostic/spiritual than religious. From my perspective, if there is an all encompassing God then we are a microscopic dust within a microscopic dust. Why then all this fuss about saving God's honour or competing whose God is great?

I normally just read and rarely post, but in this instance, appreciate your thought process !!

you wont be the first one and you wont be the last one either
but you will be missing the point and loosing the plot.

you are reacting to those who kill in the name of Islam yet they are the ones who have killed Muhammad PBUH's family members, destroyed their graves and remain the biggest killers of Muslims till today.

if it makes you feel better person then do what you like. you might want to check out some creative insults Jews make about Jesus as well. you can use them too.
I liked the mature reply. Thought I'd mention it :tup:

You're being misrepresented by people, and the West is buying it. You then pick a fight with the person misrepresenting you and harming you directly, or the people being fooled?
He and millions of others would probably like to pick a fight with those getting fooled because it is their fault for getting fooled. Per him and millions of others, apparently we should all start reading Muslim holy books to judge them and not their actions...just like per many on this board it is the fault of those who died because they 'provoked' the Muslims.

The onus is always on us apparently, the non-Muslims.

The onus is always on us apparently, the non-Muslims.
what a tragedy.

heads I win, tail you Loose

(back in the days 79-80, Grand Mosque was attacked by Fanatic Muslims, they killed Pilgrims, desecrated the Mosque and were killed through an Operation led by the Saudis..... WHAT AM I Getting at?... In Pakistan the religious parties marched in protest and burnt American flags and attacked their Consulates.. Hello Logical reasoning face Palm yourself to death)

Then CHristians and Hindus and Budhists will fight with each other....
you nailed it.
we need a bad guy all the time. someone else will take the role of antagonist.

No one is forcing you to read any book. Neither are you forced to understand the sensitive feelings of Muslims. What you're being told is to refrain from offending and hurting the feelings of so many people who believe in something. Stop using the excuse of freedom of speech to hurt the feelings of so many people. When you pretend to be busy with your life you shouldn't have the time to constantly ridicule a specific faith and group of people. Frankly, your statement is contradictory. You accuse others of being intolerant, yet your own actions are suggesting the very same thing. It's not a very productive habit to spend your energy on more negative things by of constantly maligning and accusing a group of people. How about spending this energy on more tolerance and understanding? More productive if you ask me.

PS. I know I'm talking to a brick wall...

You're creating a false equivalency between us. Our intolerance is restricted drawing cartoons. Your intolerance, on the other hand, kills people for drawing those cartoons. I can understand that there are cultural differences between us but I think the one thing most cultures agree on is that killing is worse.

I'm not looking to be the beacon of tolerance and understanding, I just want to live my life the way I choose, in my part of the world, without the sword of your religion hanging over my head. That's not too much to ask, is it?

...And no, the Jew wasn't killed later. Do you realize what you're saying? You're saying that the prophet killed the Jew without any witnesses, i.e he didn't want Muslims to know about it. That, if it was true, would mean that he didn't want his followers to do that - If he wanted to, he'd have commanded them and done it without caring for any witnesses.
Prove the bold part or forever hold your tongue!
Good, good. Now the important part is to remember to challenge extremist Muslims on this in person rather than the Jew who's located a safe distance away, yes?

Hatred spewed by your like is what is causing this -
...Do you want quotations from the Torah and Bible that command the murder of disbelievers and blasphemers?...You try so hard to demonize Islam -
Don't you think that defensive antisemitic tirades are at least counterproductive when debating with Islamists because you're legitimizing hatred and violence? TankMan, you turned a personal criticism into a religious insult. You recognized your omission in telling the tale but nevertheless resorted to attacking me rather than thanking me for pointing out your errors.

So you're still right at the edge of violent intolerance, guys. Isn't at least half the problem with terrorism the terrorist lurking in your hearts, eager to get out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom