What's new

Complete ceasefire agreed between govt and TTP: Fawad Chaudhry

Complete ceasefire agreed between govt and TTP: Fawad Chaudhry - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Complete ceasefire agreed between govt and TTP: Fawad Chaudhry
Dawn.comPublished November 8, 2021 - Updated 3 minutes ago
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

This photo shows Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry. — DawnNewsTV

This photo shows Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry. — DawnNewsTV

Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry announced on Monday that a complete ceasefire had been reached between the government and the banned Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), according to state-run Pakistan Television (PTV).
The state broadcaster quoted the minister as saying that talks between the government and the TTP were underway in line with the Constitution and that the ceasefire would be extended keeping in view the progress of the talks.

"The state's sovereignty, national security, peace in relevant areas and social and economic stability will be considered during the talks," he said.

Chaudhry added that the interim Afghan government had facilitated the negotiations.
The minister said progress on the restoration of "complete peace" in these areas of the country was a positive development.
The announcement comes a little over a month after Prime Minister Imran Khan had stated that the government was in talks with some TTP groups, seeking a reconciliation.
"There are different groups which form the TTP and some of them want to talk to our government for peace. So, we are in talks with them. It’s a reconciliation process," the premier had said during an interview with TRT World.
Tentative understanding with TTP
Earlier this month, sources familiar with the development had told Dawn that the government had reached a tentative understanding with the TTP to seek a broader peace agreement to end nearly two decades of militancy in the country.
Read: Truce with TTP — will it be different this time around?
Sources had said the “direct, face-to-face” talks between the two sides being held in Afghanistan’s south-western Khost province for nearly two weeks had resulted in a tentative understanding to declare a countrywide truce, conditional to the release of some TTP foot soldiers as part of confidence-building measures.
It was not immediately clear how many militants in Pakistan’s custody would be allowed to go free, but sources had said the number was not more than two dozen people. “These are foot soldiers, not senior or mid-level commanders,” the sources said. “We are testing the ground. We are cautious,” they had added.
“The truce will come into effect once the prisoners are released,” these sources had said, requesting not to be named because they were not authorised to speak to the media.
“The tentative month-long truce shall be extendable, depending on how these negotiations go forward,” a source had said.
The interior minister of Afghanistan’s Taliban regime, Sirajuddin Haqqani, has been playing a mediating role between Pakistan and the TTP, bringing the two sides under one roof to engage in face-to-face talks, another source had said.
“Talks are being held directly between senior officers and senior TTP leadership. The TTP includes all groups without exception,” the source had added. “There are several proposals on the table and both sides are working to hammer out a workable solution.”
This source had made it clear that no tribal intermediaries were being engaged in talks with the TTP leadership at the moment. “They will be engaged at the appropriate time,” the source maintained.

Taliban military action against the TTP is beyond possibility. Any such actions will result in infighting in the Taliban. This statement seems face-saving over the public criticism saying that if TTP was on India/NDS payroll so why they’re having such freedom in Afghanistan now..?????????????????????
STFU clown

It's like Haqqanis talking with Haqqanis..............IEA?TTP?IISI

Taliban military action against the TTP is beyond possibility. Any such actions will result in infighting in the Taliban. This statement seems face-saving over the public criticism saying that if TTP was on India/NDS payroll so why they’re having such freedom in Afghanistan now..?????????????????????

I have said this months ago that the TTP is Annoyance to IEA stragetic planning ppl didn't believe me.. I know the geopolitics of the area. They didn't want anything to disrupt PAK for their own interests such as the LOC border having a strong Pakistani presence

Shabbir Hussain Turi
@ShabbirTuri

قبائلی ضلع مہمند میں پاک افغان سرحد کے قریب کالعدم تحریک طالبان پاکستان کے دہشت گردوں نے ایک پاکستانی فوجی کو اغوا کرنے کے بعد بے دردی سے ذبح کر دیا۔ #TTP #Mohmand #Pakistan
@Natsecjeff
Translated from Urdu by
Terrorists from the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) abducted and brutally slaughtered a Pakistani soldier near the Pak-Afghan border in the Mohmand tribal district. #TTP#Mohmand#Pakistan
@Natsecjeff

The following media includes potentially sensitive content. Change settings
View
6:35 PM · Nov 8, 2021·Twitter for Android

Fake news

So the murder of children will be condoned and swept under the rug. For what? A peace treaty that isn’t worth the paper it was written on.

Why is Pakistan negotiating with groups like TLP and TTP? From the outside it looks like an admission of defeat and surrender to terrorists.
While the US has has to do it with the Taliban as well, the underlying message there too was admitting defeat. Pakistan has done the same - it has lost to extremists and there may be a real threat to what elements will now influence the future of a nuclear armed state.

I have said this months ago that the TTP is Annoyance to IEA stragetic planning ppl didn't believe me.. I know the geopolitics of the area. They didn't want anything to disrupt PAK for their own interests such as the LOC border having a strong Pakistani presence

If Haqqanis can bring Pakistani .Taliban. to the negotiating table today, they can use the group against Pak govt tomorrow. Pak supported Afghan Talibs to gain strategic depth against But it seems the other way around. Things quickly change in our region

No its @realmeanfellow, but not much active in twitter
Oh ok
If Haqqanis can bring Pakistani .Taliban. to the negotiating table today, they can use the group against Pak govt tomorrow. Pak supported Afghan Talibs to gain strategic depth against But it seems the other way around. Things quickly change in our region
Not really. The military wont allow the haqqani network to do any significant damage to the govt. Unless of course maryam nawaz is to be put in power.... Because if i was coas then i wouldve said f it we doing a coup

Oh ok

Not really. The military wont allow the haqqani network to do any significant damage to the govt. Unless of course maryam nawaz is to be put in power.... Because if i was coas then i wouldve said f it we doing a coup

........... U.S. Special Representative for Afghanistan Tom West is comming next week to meet bajwa!

( [Al Qaeda's presence] is an issue of ongoing concern for us in our dialogue with the Taliban. ) we dont want ttp joining hands with is-k...

so the cease fire!

Not really TTP themselves are not strong and besides IEA is alot smarter than people assume. They have done more for Pakistan's security than Pak itself has done.. They are just ahead of the rest in that department. They don't want to all of sudden end of sharing borders with zombies in Gangu it would be counter-productive there is a natural gate-keeper why disrupt him and the same with Central Asia they have been giving PAK alot of deals feeding the gate-keeper to shout the zombies out

Last edited:
Not really TTP themselves are not strong and besides IEA is alot smarter than people assume. They have done more for Pakistan's security for Pak itself has done they know whats up

pakistani Haqqanis talking with afghan Haqqanis. ? yes.

Are you wolfpack_IN on twitter?

Commanders not released. Only foot soldiers

1636402220978.png

@MYusufzai
has more details on Pakistan-TTP talks and prisoner release: 1) senior TTP leaders Muslim Khan, Mehmood Khan and Maulvi Omar in the first batch of 102 prisoners likely to be released 2) some prisoners already moved to Afghanistan for release. .

Back
Top Bottom