What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

My friend told me that there are a few Persian/Iranian restaurants in Finland, so we are going for a small roadtrip next summer to try them out :P have never tasted any middle-eastern food.

but india definitely did not have these many varieties of non veg dishes.before the arrival of muslims india was under the influence of buddhist and upanishadist ideology for 1500 years.People in those days took pride in abstainin from worldly pleasures as much as possible.The only non veg dishes we have even today is only simple curry.All the remaining were introduced by mughals.You can check yourself about the history of each of those dishes in wiki.

Basically all the unhealthy masala stuff came from the mughals?

To be honest nobody has a clue what the foods were before mughal invasion,

i like haryanvi food,i find that the healthiest without unecessray masalas.

Non keralites cannot eat kerala food.They are full of coconut oil and they eat thick rice.every state has atleast one dish that is famous atleast in some parts of india.the only exception to this is kerala.no offence intended

you dont know about their veg curries and how good they are?

coconut oil is better than sarson anyday.

well go east goo west old Delhi Veg food is the best
Breakfast
Bathua & methi ke parathe with chilke wali moong ki daal(heeng jeera tarka) & seasonal veg with fool gobhi , aloo , mattar & green beans served with pudheene ki chutney & white butter

Lunch
Dal + kararee roties & veggies(my fav=mtar paneer)

Dinner

Dhuli urad ki dal with ghee & hing jeera tarka , salad and seasnal veg + papar

mmmmmmmmmmmm :smitten:

I had Chitoi Pitha with mustard chutney today. Then smoked a Benson with real Sylheti tea.

It was heaven :smitten:

Well my family came from Hyderabad. Actually my mother has told me about this idli thing. She told me that she used to eat it back in hyderabad. Never made it here. So I can't comment on it's taste. About dosa. Dosas are slightly more famous here in Pakistan. Have tasted them as I mother made them at home. Also there are a few restaurants here in Karachi who might offer Dosa. Have heard that Dosa is sold in some places in Karachi. Dosa recipes are also being taught on cooking channels.

Why Hyderabadi Biryani never got popular in Pakistan like Nihari. Hyderabadi Biryani tastes thousand times better than Lucknowi Biryani

all these tandooris,panneer butter masalas,gulab jamuns were also the gifts of mughals.we must give credit where it is due.nothing to feel shame in it.but i can bet all those items would taste much better in india than in the places of their origin.But today the world knows those dishes as indian bcoz we have made them famous all over the world.
dosa and idli are the only dishes that are famous world wide which you can call of indian origin.

Paneer and Gulab Jamun are not Mughalai dishes, they are North Indians dishes. Real Hyderabadi sweets are Qurbani ka Meetha and Double ka Meetha.

Why Hyderabadi Biryani never got popular in Pakistan like Nihari. Hyderabadi Biryani tastes thousand times better than Lucknowi Biryani

Hyderabadi biryani is also very famous. I have seen non hyderabadi people eating it here in Karachi. I haven't eat Lucknowi biryani till now. Never saw anyone eating it here in Karachi.

Hyderabadi biryani is also very famous. I have seen non hyderabadi people eating it here in Karachi. I haven't eat Lucknowi biryani till now. Never saw anyone eating it here in Karachi.

Many Pakistanis seems that they never tasted authentic Hyderabadi Biryani. Many were complaining that it never tasted accordingly with the fame it has.

Many Pakistanis seems that they never tasted authentic Hyderabadi Biryani. Many were complaining that it never tasted accordingly with the fame it has.

they might have liked it since it isn't that spicy as people expect it to be. Hyderabadi biryani is not just spices. It has its own unique taste. And it is difficult to make as compared to other biryanis.

they might have liked it since it isn't that spicy as people expect it to be. Hyderabadi biryani is not just spices. It has its own unique taste. And it is difficult to make as compared to other biryanis.

That's true, Hyderabadi Biryani need great skill, I have tasted it in numerous cities in India, best one I found only in Hyderabad.

I saw "Mirchi ka salan" even contain curry leaves.

That's true, Hyderabadi Biryani need great skill, I have tasted it in numerous cities in India, best one I found only in Hyderabad.

I saw "Mirchi ka salan" even contain curry leaves.

Mirchi ka salan is pure class. My personal favorite. :D

well go east goo west old Delhi Veg food is the best
Breakfast
Bathua & methi ke parathe with chilke wali moong ki daal(heeng jeera tarka) & seasonal veg with fool gobhi , aloo , mattar & green beans served with pudheene ki chutney & white butter

Lunch
Dal + kararee roties & veggies(my fav=mtar paneer)

Dinner

Dhuli urad ki dal with ghee & hing jeera tarka , salad and seasnal veg + papar

mmmmmmmmmmmm :smitten:

Dalkhor :P :rofl:

Who told you Hyderabadi biryani is not famous here?

Back
Top Bottom