What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

india= 99.9%

Pakistan=5% ? does gravy count as curry?

I don't know, what kind of gravy?

BTW, I don't think we have gravy in Turkey, or not as much. In Turkish cooking the combination of the ingredients and cooking style don't require gravy or sauce for extra flavor. Sauces are typically European, I think. Do you use lots of sauces in traditional Pakistani cooking?

:lol: Pakistani food is not curry based.. What about Chicken curry, Mutton curry or Beef curry etc? Curry does not necessarily means vegetarian.. I think you are confused..

What about chicken karachi,mutton karachi,beef karachi,sajji,namkeen ghosht and a billion other Pakistani dishes?

I don't know, what kind of gravy?

BTW, I don't think we have gravy in Turkey, or not as much. In Turkish cooking the combination of the ingredients and cooking style don't require gravy or sauce for extra flavor. Sauces are typically European, I think. Do you use lots of sauces in traditional Pakistani cooking?

The spicy one...lol................Not much...

:lol: Pakistani food is not curry based.. What about Chicken curry, Mutton curry or Beef curry etc? Curry does not necessarily means vegetarian.. I think you are confused..

A Turkish writer or whatever went to India for a couple of weeks and he said that he had curry, curry and curry.. he thought Indians only eat curry, lol.

i know, i meant biryani of karchi, korma of karachi, nehari of karachi etc etc

what karachi biryani man?never heard about it.Among plenty of different types of biryanis present in the world only hydereabadi deccan biryani is famous.It is unanimously acknowledged by all that nothing beats it.I have heard a little bit about lucknowi biryani though.Even kabaabs of only hyd and lucknow are famous.no one knows this karachi or multani or lahori biryani apart from pakistanis

I will admit without any shame that almost all non veg dishes in india were brought to india by muslims.YOU name any non veg dish(except plain curries) ,that will have their origin in iran or central asia.however indians have added taste to those dishes due to the presence of abundant spices here.As the south is not ruled by muslims much,we dont have those many varieties in non veg.but south indian food is much better than any other part due to its spicy nature.

I have a question. I love Indian food here in America but I've always been curious as to why all the Indian restaurants here serve so many meat dishes, (lamb saagwala with some good naan is my favorite, btw. :smitten:). Shouldn't real Indian food be......vegetarian? I guess I should have asked the owners of said restaurants but I did not want to embarrass or offend.

.but south indian food is much better than any other part due to its spicy

One more reason, not even a single south indian muslim migrated to pakistan during a partition......

All from UP, Bihar n Bengal....

Thats why imran khan loves Biharis, and wanna send his delegation to Bihar and not Beijing lol...

.but south indian food is much better than any other part due to its spicy

One more reason, not even a single south indian muslim migrated to pakistan during a partition......

there are lots of hyderabadi muslims in pakistan, there are lots of keralite and other south indian muslims in karachi

A Turkish writer or whatever went to India for a couple of weeks and he said that he had curry, curry and curry.. he thought Indians only eat curry, lol.

Its like saying Turks only eat Kebabs and Pide. There are two kinds of food, one that you get at restaurants and one that you cook at home. Indian curry is like Turkish kebab and pide.

No offence taken...:D

You dont like our rice and we dont like that big rice...but i have a soft corner for Appam,Stew/Kadala curry.

Non keralites cannot eat kerala food.They are full of coconut oil and they eat thick rice.every state has atleast one dish that is famous atleast in some parts of india.the only exception to this is kerala.no offence intended

I have a question. I love Indian food here in America but I've always been curious as to why all the Indian restaurants here serve so many meat dishes, (lamb saagwala with some good naan is my favorite, btw. :smitten:). Shouldn't real Indian food be......vegetarian? I guess I should have asked the owners of said restaurants but I did not want to embarrass or offend.

That all Indians are vegetarian is a stereotype. I would say roughly 50% of Indians are vegetarian, the other half do eat meat. Besides the Indian restaurants in America are catering to the demands of American public. You ll find a lot more vegetarian dishes in restaurants located in India.

That all Indians are vegetarian is a stereotype. I would say roughly 50% of Indians are vegetarian, the other half do eat meat. Besides the Indian restaurants in America are catering to the demands of American public. You ll find a lot more vegetarian dishes in restaurants located in India.
Thank you. :) I didn't realize that consumption of meat was that common. I just assumed that it wasn't. Catering to the American public, certainly makes sense. I wonder how different it is from food in India. All I know is that I can't get enough of it. So full of flavor!

people here in telangana would not have any occasion without meat thanks to the muslim rule.people in andhra and rayalseema wont have meat in marriages as it is considered inauspicious

there are lots of hyderabadi muslims in pakistan, there are lots of keralite and other south indian muslims in karachi

did these people bring dosas and idlis with them?i mean are they available in pakistan?do pakistani households make those dishes like how non south indians also make them at their homes here in india.is their anything they have contributed or added to the pakistani culture

Back
Top Bottom