What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

did these people bring dosas and idlis with them?i mean are they available in pakistan?do pakistani households make those dishes like how non south indians also make them at their homes here in india.is their anything they have contributed or added to the pakistani culture

ask from @Areesh

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant see the answer there.i will be gladif u can give me a direct answer rather than directing me to somewhere else

im not hyderabadi, how can i answer you this question?, ask that guy, he's from hyderabad

I have just now googled about that and found that dosa or idli is not famous in pakistan though they can be found in few places.I too dont like these dosas and idlis to be honest.I prefer parathas,puris or chapatis .I hate idli to the core and wonder how it became famous .

im not hyderabadi, how can i answer you this question?, ask that guy, he's from hyderabad

idlis ,dosas entered hyderabad just 50 years back when telangana was merged with andhra to make it andhra pradesh.So,a descendant of hyderabadi muslim who migrated to pak in 40s would not have any idea abt it.may be a kerala muslim or a tamil muslim has a chance

@dravidianhero India do have non veg dishes before Muslims came here. There is a different kind of Biriyani which is a mix of meat, vegitables, spices and rice.

I am from Andhra and Masala dosa is in top ten foods list world wide. :agree:

It is non veg curry that is originated in India which is famous world wide today.

.but south indian food is much better than any other part due to its spicy

One more reason, not even a single south indian muslim migrated to pakistan during a partition......

All from UP, Bihar n Bengal....

Thats why imran khan loves Biharis, and wanna send his delegation to Bihar and not Beijing lol...

And they love us back.

Keep your greens and veggies, we'll enjoy our meat and mutton.

Real Men's sustenance

idlis ,dosas entered hyderabad just 50 years back when telangana was merged with andhra to make it andhra pradesh.So,a descendant of hyderabadi muslim who migrated to pak in 40s would not have any idea abt it.may be a kerala muslim or a tamil muslim has a chance

Well my family came from Hyderabad. Actually my mother has told me about this idli thing. She told me that she used to eat it back in hyderabad. Never made it here. So I can't comment on it's taste. About dosa. Dosas are slightly more famous here in Pakistan. Have tasted them as I mother made them at home. Also there are a few restaurants here in Karachi who might offer Dosa. Have heard that Dosa is sold in some places in Karachi. Dosa recipes are also being taught on cooking channels.

@dravidianhero India do have non veg dishes before Muslims came here. There is a different kind of Biriyani which is a mix of meat, vegitables, spices and rice.

I am from Andhra and Masala dosa is in top ten foods list world wide. :agree:

It is non veg curry that is originated in India which is famous world wide today.

you got me wrong ,i never said india didnt have non veg food before muslims

but india definitely did not have these many varieties of non veg dishes.before the arrival of muslims india was under the influence of buddhist and upanishadist ideology for 1500 years.People in those days took pride in abstainin from worldly pleasures as much as possible.The only non veg dishes we have even today is only simple curry.All the remaining were introduced by mughals.You can check yourself about the history of each of those dishes in wiki.

all these tandooris,panneer butter masalas,gulab jamuns were also the gifts of mughals.we must give credit where it is due.nothing to feel shame in it.but i can bet all those items would taste much better in india than in the places of their origin.But today the world knows those dishes as indian bcoz we have made them famous all over the world.
dosa and idli are the only dishes that are famous world wide which you can call of indian origin.

all these tandooris,panneer butter masalas,gulab jamuns were also the gifts of mughals.we must give credit where it is due.nothing to feel shame in it.but i can bet all those items would taste much better in india than in the places of their origin.But today the world knows those dishes as indian bcoz we have made them famous all over the world.
dosa and idli are the only dishes that are famous world wide which you can call of indian origin.

Paneer butter masala and other curries, is a fusion between India cuisine and Turkish and Persian cuisine.

Curry is not simple mate, It involves complexity.

Mughals represent fusion between India and Persian cultures.

why are you thinking like this??, dude its a sin :disagree:

why in the world people dont eat spicy food, is beyond me, spicy food is the real food, but people dont eat spicy food

even in fast food and FC spice is a must

its a sin!!!

As mentioned in this thread, Turkish food can be really spicy. Yes Gazianteppe style but have some Adana kebab sometime and you may be smoking from both ends. Western Turkish food (if there is such a thing) is outstanding but milder.

The Turks being surrounded by sea on three sides also do fish very well.

Some outstanding Turkish dishes are: Imam Bayaldi (Eggplant), Mutanjene (mutanjan in Pakistan), in fact all of the mezze table can be great.

Try Turkish sausages like Sujuk and Bastarma and you will enjoy it.

The best dil, gurday, kapuray I had was on a small street off of Taksim square in Istanbul.

Turks use a lot of fresh ingredients, especially vegetables. Great cheeses, great bread, super salads.

I have tasted all the cuisines mentioned in this thread and even though I am an ex-pat Pakistani, I would take Turkish food over all the other cuisines any day just because of the variety, freshness, taste and innovation in Turkish food.

mmmm....!

I don't care. But we Bangladeshis are absolutely the best cooks! :partay:

You know near my place there was this brilliant iranian place back in Canada... i always ordered Kubideh and rice from there... it was the best thing I ever tasted. Indian, Pakistani, whatever the hell else could not beat the taste of what I ate back there. That stuff was divine. When I came to Dubai I checked out a number of Iranian restaurants... ordered the same thing but they had some different menu and had to order the two seperately... it was good but it was never the exact same taste back there.

mmmm....!

I don't care. But we Bangladeshis are absolutely the best cooks! :partay:

In the old days I remember the good old chawal daal accompanied by fish with my Bengali friends.

Back
Top Bottom