What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

its simple to know.. nobody knows what korma or whaterver but everyone knows tandoori chicken and curry.

I had Afghani food in a restaurant in Birmingham, AL . It was a rice and beef dish, not exactly biriyani type, I loved it. Never had Indian food besides the one you typically see in an Indian restaurant in US. I love Pakistani Korai Gosh. Its simply mouth watering.

I had different types of biriyani, but I like the one cooked in Dhaka style.

becoz u live in india..

i have been to US , canada, uk and europe. Ist chicken tikka more popular in UK than their national dish.

google for best food in world and you will know indian food is right there along with chinese and italian

its simple to know.. nobody knows what korma or whaterver but everyone knows tandoori chicken and curry.

Tandoori Chicken is not only indian, buts its also Afghan, Iranian, Arabic, Pakistani, and Central Asian dish, for some reason you indians like to claim everything "Made in india":disagree:

A tandoor (Urdu: تندور) is a cylindrical clay oven used in cooking and baking. The tandoor is used for cooking in Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, the Transcaucasus, the Balkans, the Middle East, Central Asia as well as India and Bangladesh.

The tandoor is basically used to cook meat while Hindus and Sikhs of India are mostly vegeatarian so it was popularised during Muslim reign in South Asia. It is thought to have travelled to Central Asia and the Middle East along with the Roma people, who originated amongst the Thar Desert tribes.

The word tandoor comes from the Dari (Persian/Iranian) words tandūr and tannūr; these are derived from very similar terms, viz. Persian tanūr (تنور), Arabic tandūr,Turkish Tandır and Azeri'təndir' ' kurdish tendûr (which all have the same meaning as explained in the article).

Link

The present day Tandoori Chicken of the Sub-continent has its origins in Central Asia, Iran, and Afghanistan.

Last edited:
Nobody beats us at cooking fish! :p

I love the way Biriyani cooked in Calcutta which is more aroma less spice, don't like Hyderabadi Biriyani that much.

so it was popularised during Muslim reign in South Asia. It is thought to have travelled to Central Asia and the Middle East along with the Roma people

The second line invalidates the first line. Anyway, I didn't know the fact Hindus and Sikhs don't eat meat before joining this forum. That makes whole West Bengal non-Hindu! :s

Tandoori Chicken is not only indian, buts its also Afghan, Iranian, Arabic, Pakistani, and Central Asian dish, for some reason you indians like to claim everything "Made in india":disagree:

Link

so the masala we put in marination come from iran and afghanlans according to you .. india is known in world for spices....tandoori chicken is famous because we made it...if it was iranian nobody would have even tried it.

south indian food is great too..i like masala dosa

i been to lahori hut once and ordered dal with roti... the dal they gimme had bones in it ..this boney dal they call dal gost..lol..disgusting tasteless and i dont mean to demean pakistani food here but this is truth

so the masala we put in marination come from iran and afghanlans according to you .. india is known in world for spices....tandoori chicken is famous because we made it...if it was iranian nobody would have even tried it.

but of course you indians love to live in fantasy land.

i been to lahori hut once and ordered dal with roti... the dal they gimme had bones in it ..this boney dal they call dal gost..lol..disgusting tasteless and i dont mean to demean pakistani food here but this is truth

i'd rather have Dal with Gosht in it rather than Dal with no gosht, and i don't mean to demean indian food.

Back
Top Bottom