What's new

Comparing Indian and Pakistani Economies in 2014

Pakistani education system leaves much to be desired
Pakistani education system is not that bad if its not run by the incompetent government. Private english medium and elite schools are very competitive and of good standard.

Beautiful graph . We can see how much better Ethiopia is doing than Pakistan in this regard .

Here's another "beautiful graph" showing education outcomes in India and Pakistan:

96e195a55f3390c1b3078d4826deb441.jpg

World Bank report shows Pakistani kids outperform their Indian counterparts.

While 72% of Pakistan's 8th graders can do simple division, the comparable figure for Indian 8th graders is just 57%. Among 5th graders, 63% of Pakistanis and 73% of Indians CAN NOT divide a 3 digit number by a single digit number, according to the World Bank report titled "Student Learning in South Asia: Challenges, Opportunities, and Policy Priorities". The performance edge of Pakistani kids over their Indian counterparts is particularly noticeable in rural areas. The report also shows that Pakistani children do better than Indian children in reading ability.

Haq's Musings: Pakistani Children Outperform Indian Children on Math and Reading Skills Tests

Pakistani education system is not that bad if its not run by the incompetent government. Private english medium and elite schools are very competitive and of good standard.

I'm sure it's no worse than countries around it. I'm just not a big Icewolf fan, to put it mildly. So I went with a cheap shot :D. Wanna apologize all the other Pakistanis for that one.

In all factors Pakistan is better than India.

And I know Pakistan is smaller than India . But we are comparing on the economic ratio between India and Pakistan. In that regard Pakistan defeats India when you look at population and economy.

It's like an ant. An ant can lift 100x+ it's body weight while a human has trouble lifting even 50% of its. So in ratio, the ant is stronger than the human. If the ant were as big as a human, the ant would be many times stronger. Do you understand now?

In which fields does Pakistan is better than India? Infrastructure? Poverty alleviation? Automobiles? Scientific Research? Please tell me.

Don't come up with India "x" times bigger than Pakistan thingy, large population and area is a boon and a curse.

What a sad and miserable life one must lead to be constantly comparing his failing country with that of his neighbours, and that too, on a daily basis. What's worse is that it's your line of work - absolutely pathetic!

:lol:

LOL. I was born and raised in the city of dictators: Rawalpindi. I was 13 when I moved here in Norway. I can easily read and write urdu as well. Can't a single word of hindi :D

Yes, we are mostly liberals because unlike UK Pakistanis, we are not sent to Saudi-funded wahhabi mosques for ISIS or Al-Qaeda recruitment. I think that's the code you were looking to crack? In entire Oslo, for the population of some 30,000 Pakistanis, there is only one grand mosque under strict government scrutiny. So no terror training is allowed there. Also our PM and ministers are very pro-Islamic so they usually visit our local mosques without fearing to be blown up by a jihadi :-)

To understand this issue more, read this astonishing tale of a Pakistani whose twin brother became a suicide bomber in Syria after visiting local mosque for supposedly religious "training". Its written by an Indian :undecided:
My brother, the suicide bomber: why British men go to Syria
Waheed was an ordinary boy who played football and loved sci-fi movies. This year, he blew himself up in Aleppo. Abu Jamal left to join the jihadis. Tauqir is an aid worker who can never come home. This is the story of Britons risking their lives in Syria, and the families left behind
My brother, the suicide bomber: why British men go to Syria | World news | The Guardian

Norway has seen the worst incident terror in all of Europe in recent history committed by a Norwegian Anders Behring Breivik, certainly not a Muslim "Jihadi", more of a Hindutva kind of anti-Muslim terrorist:

Haq's Musings: Norway Nazi Breivik's Hindutva Rhetoric

It appears that the Norwegian white supremacist terror suspect Anders Behring Breivik's manifesto against the "Islamization of Western Europe" has been heavily influenced by the kind of anti-Muslim rhetoric which is typical of the Nazi-loving Hindu Nationalists like late Madhav Sadashiv Golwalkar (1906-1973), and his present-day Sangh Parivar followers and sympathizers in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) who currently rule several Indian states. This Hindutva rhetoric which infected Breivik has been spreading like a virus on the Internet, particularly on many of the well-known Islamophobic hate sites that have sprouted up in Europe and America in recent years. In fact, much of the Breivik manifesto is cut-and-pastes of anti-Muslim blog posts and columns that validated his worldview.

f81ac9ffb4bfb23e1f3cdb31b24d1807.jpg

"It is essential that the European and Indian resistance movements learn from each other and cooperate as much as possible. Our goals are more or less identical," Breivick wrote in his manifesto.The Christian Science Monitor has reported that "in the case of India, there is significant overlap between Breivik’s rhetoric and strains of Hindu nationalism – or Hindutva – on the question of coexistence with Muslims. Human rights monitors have long decried such rhetoric in India for creating a milieu for communal violence, and the Norway incidents are prompting calls here to confront the issue."

61364aec6f21d535b4df767bf8505f4d.png

Hindu nationalists in India have a long history of admiration for Adolf Hitler, and his "Final Solution". In his book "We" (1939), Madhav Sadashiv Golwalkar, the leader of the Hindu Nationalist RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh) wrote, "To keep up the purity of the Race and its culture, Germany shocked the world by her purging the country of the Semitic races -- the Jews. Race pride at its highest has been manifested here. Germany has also shown how well-nigh impossible it is for races and cultures, having differences going to the root, to be assimilated into one united whole, a good lesson for us in Hindusthan to learn and profit by." (We, p.35/p.43)

Here's an excerpt from an Express Tribune story on Norwegian terror suspect Breivik's anti-Muslim manifesto:

"While Breivik’s rhetoric against Muslim immigration into Europe is not unusual, he cites many names that might be familiar to Pakistanis, including Allama Muhammad Iqbal and Maulana Abul Ala Maududi, as well as prominent human rights activist Hina Jilani and Dawn columnist Irfan Hussain.

He seems to believe that Iqbal, in particular, was sympathetic to communism and views multiculturalism as a Marxist concept. He quotes Iqbal as saying “Islam equals communism plus Allah.”

Breivik also claims that Pakistan is systematically annihilating all non-Muslim communities. He claimed that Hindu girls are being forced to convert to Islam in Sindh. In this context he even quotes Hina Jilani as saying: “Have you ever heard of an Indian Muslim girl being forced to embrace Hinduism? It’s Muslims winning by intimidation.”

He goes on to describe the situation for Christians in Pakistan as being no better, citing Father Emmanuel Asi of the Theological Institute for Laity in Lahore as saying in 2007 that Pakistani Christians are frequently denied equal rights.

Jamaat-e-Islami founder Abul Ala Maududi is also quoted in the manifesto, though in a manner that would imply that the stated objective of an Islamic state is to kill or subdue all non-Muslims around the world.

Breivik seems to be a fan of Daily Times columnist Razi Azmi, whom he calls “one of the more sensible columnists of Pakistan”. He mentions one of Azmi’s pieces where the columnist asks whether it was possible to imagine a Muslim converting to Christianity or Hinduism or Buddhism in a Muslim country, using it to support his view of Islam as an intolerant religion.

He also cites Dawn’s Irfan Hussain’s column criticising Hizb u-Tahrir’s vision of a caliphate.

His ire against Pakistanis and Muslims seems to have at least partial origin in personal experience. He speaks at length about his childhood best friend, a Pakistani Muslim immigrant to Norway who, despite having lived several years in Europe still appeared to resent Norway and Norwegian society. “Not because he was jealous… but because it represented the exact opposite of Islamic ways,” Breivik conjectures.

The inability of Muslim immigrants to assimilate into European society seems to bother him, which he blames on Muslim parents not allowing their children to adopt European ways. He also asks why Muslim girls are considered ‘off-limits’ to everyone, including Muslim boys, and why Muslim men view ethnic Norwegian women as ‘whores’.

He also seems to believe that the Muslims in Europe who collect government benefits view it as a form of jizya, a medieval Islamic tax charged on non-Muslim minorities."

Today, the Internet is swarmed by many hateful Hindu Nationalist posters who liberally quote from Islamophobic blogs and hate sites like Gates of Vienna and Jihad Watch.

Golwalkar died in 1973. But Nazi memorabilia, including Adolf Hitler's biography Mein Kampf, are continuing to grow in popularity in India, according to the BBC. The marketing chief of Crossword, a national chain of book stores in India, told the BBC that Mein Kampf has "been a consistent bestseller for us."

At Mumbai bookstores located in upscale neighborhoods, the Hitler book sales have risen sharply from 40-50 copies a year to several hundred copies annually in each store. It's not just the autobiography - books on the Nazi leader, T-shirts, bags, bandanas and key-rings are also in demand. A shop in Pune, called Teens, says it sells nearly 100 T-shirts a month with Hitler's image on them.

In the United States, Charles Johnson is among the first post-911 bloggers who have inspired other "anti-Jihadists" to join the blogosphere, including people like Pamela Geller who led the Islamophobic campaign against what she calls "Ground Zero Mosque", and Johnson helped broaden the audience for blogs like Gates of Vienna and Jihad Watch. Hindu Nationalists regularly post comments on some of these sites and frequently quote from them on other websites to promote their anti-Muslim and anti-Pakistan agendas.

After the tragedy in Oslo, however, Johnson is worried that his "anti-Jihadist" blogging campaign has inspired various violent xenophobic and extremist groups to promote their own agendas. He now says that these bloggers have "blood on their hands." He is quoted by Slate magazine as saying: "I don’t think there is an anti-jihadist movement anymore. It’s all a bunch of kooks. I’ve watched some people who I thought were reputable, and who I trusted, hook up with racists and Nazis. I see a lot of them promoting stories and causes that I think are completely nuts."

Here's a video clip about Hindutva inspired terrorism in India:

Are you like stupid or something?
Don't understand simple ratios?

View attachment 110489

That's how ratios work buddy.
According to IMF latest estimation..
India will add $1trillion in next 5 years to its gdp, where Pakistan adds only $100 billion..
Now say how can you compare such a big economy with smaller one??
Ratio speaks nothing..
For example pakistan produce 5 mangoes, India produce 50 in 2001.. Ratio 10.. In 2010 pak adds 5 more and India adds 25.. So total pak=10, India= 75
Conclution: although India adds 25 against pak 5.. Ratio decreased from 10 to 7.5..

According to IMF latest estimation..
India will add $1trillion in next 5 years to its gdp, where Pakistan adds only $100 billion..
Now say how can you compare such a big economy with smaller one??
Ratio speaks nothing..
For example pakistan produce 5 mangoes, India produce 50 in 2001.. Ratio 10.. In 2010 pak adds 5 more and India adds 25.. So total pak=10, India= 75
Conclution: although India adds 25 against pak 5.. Ratio decreased from 10 to 7.5..

Forget about predictions Indians, that's the only thing you can bank on

Look at world economies prediction on Iraq. They thought in 20 years Iraq would be as prosperous as UAE or Qatar from its oil wealth. Look at it now. So that's why I never pay attention to these bankers predictions, Pakistan already exceeded their expectations in economic growth always

Usually I don't like to comment on tragedies.. But for Haq... Their FM stands in front of WB, ADB and US main gate to request foreign Aid... Even their defence budget come from USAID... . Still this guy shows glittering Pakistan...

Don't show him reality..give him a reason to rejoice for something .. poor guy... trying very hard.. lol... :cheers:

Please think about the overall Indian economy beyond a few symbols.

Over 60% of Indians still work on farms.

Haq's Musings: Agriculture and Textiles Employ Most Indians and Pakistanis

All these trains and cars do not help the poor Indian farmers who are committing suicides at a rate of one every 30 minutes.

Haq's Musings: India's Agrarian Crisis: A Farmer Commits Suicide Every 30 Minutes

They do help - TATA motors setting up the Nano plant in Sanand, Gujrat proved to be a boon for the poor farmers of the villages in and around Sanand - out of which a majority of the farmers belong to the Muslim community - Many farmers have turned businessmen by either selling their land or renting out their tractors to Tata Motors - monthly incomes are as high as above Rupees 1.5 Lac. per month - damn that's more than what my dad earns in his MNC currently!

NANO DRIVES WEALTH INTO FARMERS LIVES

Many farmers have turned businessmen by either selling their land or renting out their tractors to Tata Motors

RUTURAJ JADAV AND HEMINGTON JAMES

Fortunes of people living in villages near Northcotepura in Sanand,where the Nano plant will start production today,have changed drastically in the past two years.Some farmers have given up a life under the hard sun and have started small-scale businesses,which include manufacturing soft drinks and renting out vehicles to Tata Motors.The change is most visible in Chharodi village,where at least 10 people now own cars.
Ask any village head,or sarpanch,to explain the transformation and he/she quickly points to the Nano plant.

VILLAGERS ARE DRIVING CARS

THE PLANT has given villagers a new hope.People who were into farming now earn money by selling goods and services to Tata Motors, the sarpanch of Chharodi,Nazeer Khan,said.Before Nano came,even two-wheelers were rare in Chharodi.Today,some residents drive cars.
Khans wealth,too,has gone up because of the Peoples Car.He is among the farmers who sold their land to the company.There are many like him in Sanand,where land prices shot up after Ratan Tata announced his plans to set up the unit.
My whole life has changed because of the Nano plant, a resident of Chharodi village,Kasam Mallik,said.
Another resident,Jesarkhan Pathan,said that before Tata Motors arrived in Sanand,he used to struggle to make ends meet.I was a farmer.Today,I have my own business of renting out vehicles.I drive a car and lead a respectable life now, he said.Raju Vaghela,a resident of Khoda village,said that Nano was a boon for villagers of Sanand.
28b50cb96e3aaecd47b2f652f0804987.jpg

NAZEER KHAN,CHHARODI VILLAGE

What he did before: Farming What he does now: Runs a soft drink business Monthly income: Rs 57,000 Reason behind soaring fortunes: He sold his land to Tata Motors.Gave his tractor and jeep on lease to the company

1048d3b81f27b5ec9aa0f95597dd875e.jpg

KASAM MALLIK,CHHARODI VILLAGE

What he did before: Farming What he does now: Rents out vehicles Monthly income: Rs 57,000 Reason behind soaring fortunes: Gave his car and tractor on lease to Tata Motors

6f7b8d37882700178265720b2783f212.jpg

JESARKHAN PATHAN,CHHARODI VILLAGE

What he did before: Farming What he does now: Offers vehicles on rent Monthly income: More than Rs 1.5 lakh Reason behind soaring fortunes: He gave his seven tractors and three jeeps on lease to Tata Motors

33f087c3d33c5991f83190573c3eded0.jpg

RAJU VAGHELA,KHODA VILLAGE

What he did before: Farming What he does now: Runs a pan shop near Nano plant Monthly income: More than Rs 3,000

39b9c3d3b025dcc1ec6d594808bcfbbf.jpg

Land prices in Sanand shot up after Tata Motors announced plans to set up the Nano plant.Farmers have benefited from the price rise

Source:- Times of India Publications

Those who were once on the verge of suicide along with their families have now turned out to be Crorepatis earning more than one could imagine.

Here's another "beautiful graph" showing education outcomes in India and Pakistan:

View attachment 110617

World Bank report shows Pakistani kids outperform their Indian counterparts.

While 72% of Pakistan's 8th graders can do simple division, the comparable figure for Indian 8th graders is just 57%. Among 5th graders, 63% of Pakistanis and 73% of Indians CAN NOT divide a 3 digit number by a single digit number, according to the World Bank report titled "Student Learning in South Asia: Challenges, Opportunities, and Policy Priorities". The performance edge of Pakistani kids over their Indian counterparts is particularly noticeable in rural areas. The report also shows that Pakistani children do better than Indian children in reading ability.

Haq's Musings: Pakistani Children Outperform Indian Children on Math and Reading Skills Tests

This is not a fair comparison as Indian elite class only care about the education and future of the high cast Indians. So to properly compare the two countries, we should only isolate the education ability of high caste Indians vs Pakistanis. Because we all know that lowest caste Indians should not even learn how to read in the eyes of many, but not all, high caste political elite Indians.

India vs Pakistan Education Stats Compared

In 65 years, India excels Pakistan in many fields - thenews.com.pk

This is not a fair comparison as Indian elite class only care about the education and future of the high cast Indians. So to properly compare the two countries, we should only isolate the education ability of high caste Indians vs Pakistanis. Because we all know that lowest caste Indians should not even learn how to read in the eyes of many, but not all, high caste political elite Indians.
Poor mass getting free education, even they are getting 20% free education provided by private schools.. Indians are not Pakistan... We give more importance to education.. None interested in AK 47 etc...

Norway has seen the worst incident terror in all of Europe in recent history committed by a Norwegian Anders Behring Breivik, certainly not a Muslim "Jihadi", more of a Hindutva kind of anti-Muslim terrorist:

It appears that the Norwegian white supremacist terror suspect Anders Behring Breivik's manifesto against the "Islamization of Western Europe" has been heavily influenced by the kind of anti-Muslim rhetoric which is typical of the Nazi-loving Hindu Nationalists like late Madhav Sadashiv Golwalkar (1906-1973), and his present-day Sangh Parivar followers and sympathizers in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) who currently rule several Indian states. This Hindutva rhetoric which infected Breivik has been spreading like a virus on the Internet, particularly on many of the well-known Islamophobic hate sites that have sprouted up in Europe and America in recent years. In fact, much of the Breivik manifesto is cut-and-pastes of anti-Muslim blog posts and columns that validated his worldview.

View attachment 110636

"It is essential that the European and Indian resistance movements learn from each other and cooperate as much as possible. Our goals are more or less identical," Breivick wrote in his manifesto.The Christian Science Monitor has reported that "in the case of India, there is significant overlap between Breivik’s rhetoric and strains of Hindu nationalism – or Hindutva – on the question of coexistence with Muslims. Human rights monitors have long decried such rhetoric in India for creating a milieu for communal violence, and the Norway incidents are prompting calls here to confront the issue."

View attachment 110637

Hindu nationalists in India have a long history of admiration for Adolf Hitler, and his "Final Solution". In his book "We" (1939), Madhav Sadashiv Golwalkar, the leader of the Hindu Nationalist RSS (Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh) wrote, "To keep up the purity of the Race and its culture, Germany shocked the world by her purging the country of the Semitic races -- the Jews. Race pride at its highest has been manifested here. Germany has also shown how well-nigh impossible it is for races and cultures, having differences going to the root, to be assimilated into one united whole, a good lesson for us in Hindusthan to learn and profit by." (We, p.35/p.43)

Here's an excerpt from an Express Tribune story on Norwegian terror suspect Breivik's anti-Muslim manifesto:

"While Breivik’s rhetoric against Muslim immigration into Europe is not unusual, he cites many names that might be familiar to Pakistanis, including Allama Muhammad Iqbal and Maulana Abul Ala Maududi, as well as prominent human rights activist Hina Jilani and Dawn columnist Irfan Hussain.

He seems to believe that Iqbal, in particular, was sympathetic to communism and views multiculturalism as a Marxist concept. He quotes Iqbal as saying “Islam equals communism plus Allah.”

Breivik also claims that Pakistan is systematically annihilating all non-Muslim communities. He claimed that Hindu girls are being forced to convert to Islam in Sindh. In this context he even quotes Hina Jilani as saying: “Have you ever heard of an Indian Muslim girl being forced to embrace Hinduism? It’s Muslims winning by intimidation.”

He goes on to describe the situation for Christians in Pakistan as being no better, citing Father Emmanuel Asi of the Theological Institute for Laity in Lahore as saying in 2007 that Pakistani Christians are frequently denied equal rights.

Jamaat-e-Islami founder Abul Ala Maududi is also quoted in the manifesto, though in a manner that would imply that the stated objective of an Islamic state is to kill or subdue all non-Muslims around the world.

Breivik seems to be a fan of Daily Times columnist Razi Azmi, whom he calls “one of the more sensible columnists of Pakistan”. He mentions one of Azmi’s pieces where the columnist asks whether it was possible to imagine a Muslim converting to Christianity or Hinduism or Buddhism in a Muslim country, using it to support his view of Islam as an intolerant religion.

He also cites Dawn’s Irfan Hussain’s column criticising Hizb u-Tahrir’s vision of a caliphate.

His ire against Pakistanis and Muslims seems to have at least partial origin in personal experience. He speaks at length about his childhood best friend, a Pakistani Muslim immigrant to Norway who, despite having lived several years in Europe still appeared to resent Norway and Norwegian society. “Not because he was jealous… but because it represented the exact opposite of Islamic ways,” Breivik conjectures.

The inability of Muslim immigrants to assimilate into European society seems to bother him, which he blames on Muslim parents not allowing their children to adopt European ways. He also asks why Muslim girls are considered ‘off-limits’ to everyone, including Muslim boys, and why Muslim men view ethnic Norwegian women as ‘whores’.

He also seems to believe that the Muslims in Europe who collect government benefits view it as a form of jizya, a medieval Islamic tax charged on non-Muslim minorities."

Today, the Internet is swarmed by many hateful Hindu Nationalist posters who liberally quote from Islamophobic blogs and hate sites like Gates of Vienna and Jihad Watch.

Golwalkar died in 1973. But Nazi memorabilia, including Adolf Hitler's biography Mein Kampf, are continuing to grow in popularity in India, according to the BBC. The marketing chief of Crossword, a national chain of book stores in India, told the BBC that Mein Kampf has "been a consistent bestseller for us."

At Mumbai bookstores located in upscale neighborhoods, the Hitler book sales have risen sharply from 40-50 copies a year to several hundred copies annually in each store. It's not just the autobiography - books on the Nazi leader, T-shirts, bags, bandanas and key-rings are also in demand. A shop in Pune, called Teens, says it sells nearly 100 T-shirts a month with Hitler's image on them.

In the United States, Charles Johnson is among the first post-911 bloggers who have inspired other "anti-Jihadists" to join the blogosphere, including people like Pamela Geller who led the Islamophobic campaign against what she calls "Ground Zero Mosque", and Johnson helped broaden the audience for blogs like Gates of Vienna and Jihad Watch. Hindu Nationalists regularly post comments on some of these sites and frequently quote from them on other websites to promote their anti-Muslim and anti-Pakistan agendas.

After the tragedy in Oslo, however, Johnson is worried that his "anti-Jihadist" blogging campaign has inspired various violent xenophobic and extremist groups to promote their own agendas. He now says that these bloggers have "blood on their hands." He is quoted by Slate magazine as saying: "I don’t think there is an anti-jihadist movement anymore. It’s all a bunch of kooks. I’ve watched some people who I thought were reputable, and who I trusted, hook up with racists and Nazis. I see a lot of them promoting stories and causes that I think are completely nuts."

Here's a video clip about Hindutva inspired terrorism in India:

I am wondering if riaz will die first or his chutiyaap . He has given no links between brevik and hinduism but is his diarrhea is so bad in this article i guess he needed to change his old man diapers multiple times during this rhetoric.

Hi ****.. Wassup ?

I am wondering if riaz will die first or his chutiyaap . He has given no links between brevik and hinduism but is his diarrhea is so bad in this article i guess he needed to change his old man diapers multiple times during this rhetoric.

Hi ****.. Wassup ?

I'm not Pakistani. Just sharing the truth about Indian history does not make me a Pakistani

Back
Top Bottom