What's new

Comparing Indian and Pakistani Economies in 2014

The guy in the middle is riaz haq , nuff said

View attachment 109708
fff.jpg

cherookie the kid...nough said...

He might not be bright but he has a higher chance than your countrymen in being literate .

Everyone has a chance at getting higher education.. even a low iq kid like yourself.

Reducing poverty is hard to quantify, what's not poor? Able to live? Able to live well? Has a roof? Quality roof? Roof that's made by cement? 1.25, what does that mean? Especially considering China was once communist and our homes are free, at one point.

That's true.. There are many forms of poverty I guess, other than "Absolute Poverty". Which is a point that the OP fails to understand while quantifying poverty. The following statement is therefore completely and utterly wrong.

Poverty rates for many other nations, including India and Bangladesh, have also seen dramatic downward revision. As a result, India now has 102 million poor, just slightly above China's 99 million.

Indian GDP in Indian currency was 100 trillion for 2012-13. At Rs. 61.56 to a US$, it works out to US$ 1.62 trillion.

Haq's Musings: India's GDP Shrank to $1.84 Trillion in 2012-13 in US Dollar Terms

As to the PPP GDP, it's being revised based on the latest ICP (International Comparisons Program) 2011.

World Bank's International Comparison Program (ICP) does a detailed study of a list of around 800 household and nonhousehold products to compare real purchasing power for trans-national income comparison program (ICP). The latest ICP findings conclude that Pakistan's per capita income is US$4,450.00, just slightly below India's US$4,735.00

Haq's Musings: World Bank ICP 2011 Calculates Pakistan PPP GDP at $788 Billion
stop pulling wrong data out of your @$$
sdd.PNG

this from imf website .......
Lil Mathew Kloitra

All sources cited are linked to my blog.
You blogs links to your other blog posts. And GCD. It would be helpful if you can post the WB link here, which shows the revised poverty headcount. Besides, since you are making a claim here, should not you quote the WB source directly here, instead of linking back to your blog?

You blogs links to your other blog posts. And GCD. It would be helpful if you can post the WB link here, which shows the revised poverty headcount. Besides, since you are making a claim here, should not you quote the WB source directly here, instead of linking back to your blog?

CGD is part of WB. It serves as the think tank.

CGD is part of WB. It serves as the think tank.
About CGD | Center For Global Development
Center for Global Development - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Center for Global Development (CGD) is a U.S. nonprofit think tank based in Washington, D.C. that focuses on international development.
I can't find anything relating CGD to WB.

Also, the article of CGD you rely on, you should go through comments section. The authors of the article are not so sure about their work. Besides, WB seems not to have published the new, heavily revised numbers. Unless WB/IMF or any similar world body authenticates/publishes such numbers, this data is pretty much a hoax.

About CGD | Center For Global Development
Center for Global Development - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't find anything relating CGD to WB.

Also, the article of CGD you rely on, you should go through comments section. The authors of the article are not so sure about their work. Besides, WB seems not to have published the new, heavily revised numbers. Unless WB/IMF or any similar world body authenticates/publishes such numbers, this data is pretty much a hoax.

CGD is WB. It's no hoax.

CGD is WB. It's no hoax.
There is no mention of CGD being a part of WB anywhere. All it says (on the CGD site) is that they are a think tank group. They have some former WB admins in there team. Can you put your source claiming CGD is part of WB? All I can find is it is an independent think tank.

And any of the world bodies (WB/IMF/etc) have yet to publish that revised data, which CGD published long ago.

We all know who he is why are you posting pictures?

Is there a rule against posting pictures ?

[
cherookie the kid...nough said...
Everyone has a chance at getting higher education.. even a low iq kid like yourself.

Yes everyone in my country has a higher chance of getting when compared to your country , even a low IQ kid like myself .

Is there a rule against posting pictures ?

Yes everyone in my country has a higher chance of getting when compared to your country , even a low IQ kid like myself .

apparently 600 mil dont have food forget higher education.

False!!!

Higher percentage of Pakistanis are college grads than Indians. 16% Pakistanis vs 12% Indians in 25-34 years age group.

Here's the actual UNESCO Global Education Digest data on college graduation on India and Pakistan:

b8c947e764bfbab0f3e369ae5b89c907.jpg

Haq's Musings: Human Capital Growth in Pakistan

False!!!

Higher percentage of Pakistanis are college grads than Indians. 16% Pakistanis vs 12% Indians in 25-34 years age group.

Here's the actual UNESCO Global Education Digest data on college graduation on India and Pakistan:

View attachment 110312

Haq's Musings: Human Capital Growth in Pakistan

Haq Saab,

your graph is false !

China and India are expanding their influence in the higher education arena -- according to a new report from the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, about 40 percent of young postsecondary degree-holders in leading countries will come from China and India by 2020. The United States and some European Union countries will produce about 25 percent.

China and India producing larger share of global college graduates @insidehighered

Pakistan is not even in the picture

Please read the OECD report and get elightened

http://www.oecd.org/edu/50495363.pdf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom