What's new

Comparative strengths of Bangladesh and Myanmar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us hope it is SU-30SME or one of the Euro-canards.:-)

Let us pray it is in that case.

A squadron of these with the 8 Mig-29s should at least give some kind of parity with the MAF.

Production of Su-30s in Russia will end in 2022 since Irkut will focus on MC-21 airliners from then. It looks like unless a deal has been signed already, there are very slim chances of BAF acquiring Su-30s as Russia itself has a large order of Su-30SM along with the additional order from Myanmar which will sufficiently keep Irkut quite busy. I also believe Myanmar's deal might have provisions of additional aircrafts to the first batch of 6.

In this situation, acquirng anything below Su-35 will be seriously disappointing.

The admin says that something “big” is coming up.
He believes that it will definitely surprise us.
Kept mentioning the element of surprise.

He also said BAF won't purchase any aircraft before the election and according to him, Russia won't supply anything if the government changes. If that's really the case, I don't think Russia is a reliable supplier either.

He also said BAF won't purchase any aircraft before the election and according to him, Russia won't supply anything if the government changes. If that's really the case, I don't think Russia is a reliable supplier either.

Doesn't look like it though,

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...0R4J334G_yM7wqWQyYwrZ_lu9FyIE6tifyrHD6tDrBCzA

congrtzz for ur su-30ks..:cheesy::cheesy:

I thought that was Su-30K.
View attachment 449491

Cant you read English? He was in a flying school. Not in irkut factory.
No matter what your senior general got Su-30k threw away junk by Indians.

Looks like it's SME version.

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/3527441?query

Myanmar SU-30 vs awami league "MULA" - one hell of comparative strength Awami pom poms are delivering over stretch of 10 years.

Myanmar SU-30 vs awami league "MULA" - one hell of comparative strength Awami pom poms are delivering over stretch of 10 years.

Give it a rest buddy.

204 million dollar for 6 Su-30.Per plane cost 34 million dollar.Not that expensive compared to others.

Myanmar to buy Russian fighter jets in deal worth more than $200m
000_hkg10255257.jpg

A Sukhoi SU-30 fighter jet from the Royal Malaysian Air Force in flight during the Singapore Airshow at Changi exhibition center in Singapore on February 16, 2016. (AFP)

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Myanmar has agreed to buy six Su-30 fighter jets from Russia in a deal worth at least US$204 million (about K274.7 trillion).

Russia announced the deal on January 22, the last day of a two-day official visit by Defence Minister Mr Sergey Shoigu, whose itinerary included talks in Nay Pyi Taw with Tatmadaw Commander-in-Chief Senior General Min Aung Hlaing.

“During the Russian defense minister’s visit an agreement was reached under which Myanmar would purchase six Su-30 planes,” Russia’s state-run TASS newsagency quoted Deputy Defence Minister Lieutenant-General Alexander Fomin as saying.

No figure was given for the sale, but starting prices for an Su-30 are about $34 million.

Fomin said the Su-30 “will become the main fighter aircraft of Myanmar’s air force to protect the country’s territorial integrity and repel any terror threats”.

TASS also quoted Fomin as saying that Russian armaments had proved their capability during operations by the Tatmadaw.

"These are, in particular, the Mi-24, Mi-35 and Mi-17 helicopters, as well as the MiG-29 fighter aircraft, the Yak-130 combat-capable trainer aircraft, the Pechora-2 air defence system and other equipment," the deputy minister said.

Fomin also said more that 600 members of the Tatmadaw were studying at higher military educational institutions in Russia.

“All this helps to tighten security in Southeast Asia and the Pacific Rim in general,” he said.

Shoigu’s visit also included the signing by the two countries of an agreement on streamlined entry for warships to ports in Russia and Myanmar, TASS reported.
https://frontiermyanmar.net/en/myanmar-to-buy-russian-fighter-jets-in-deal-worth-more-than-200m

But how does Myanmar intend to take on a country that has 3.5X greater GDP?
Keep eating arms while the country remains underdeveloped and economic growth is
only due to Chinese stripping the country dry of it's natural resources?
They can.. Look at how North Korea and Iran took on USA...
Even though they have lower GDP but they have resources like that of Russia. But ultimately, it will not make it a respectable country neither will it be beneficial to its citizen. But considering the bigoted mindset of all of its citizen, i don't feel sorry for them.

They can.. Look at how North Korea and Iran took on USA...
Even though they have lower GDP but they have resources like that of Russia. But ultimately, it will not make it a respectable country neither will it be beneficial to its citizen. But considering the bigoted mindset of all of its citizen, i don't feel sorry for them.

This is the important point.
The vast majority of Barmans are bigotted racists and the Rohingya issue is not solely the fault of the leadership.

Let them stay poor and undeveloped, since they do not have enough gas like Qatar to become rich, while BD races ahead to become a middle-income country within the next generation.

This is the important point.
The vast majority of Barmans are bigotted racists and the Rohingya issue is not solely the fault of the leadership.

Let them stay poor and undeveloped, since they do not have enough gas like Qatar to become rich, while BD races ahead to become a middle-income country within the next generation.
I wanted my govt to tighten the screw a little bit more and secure a good sanction from EU and USA before sending those Rohingyas back. I think they are falling for Chinese and Burmese design.

I wanted my govt to tighten the screw a little bit more and secure a good sanction from EU and USA before sending those Rohingyas back. I think they are falling for Chinese and Burmese design.

I think that China bribed BD to go along with the repatriation agreement.

Most probably it promised that the tens of billions of loans promised in 2016 will be disbursed and weapons at subsidised prices will become available.

We will find out before the end of the year if my hunch is true.

Keep eating arms while the country remains underdeveloped and economic growth is

Read the post again. I am talking about 600 Myanmar military trainees in Russia.

Don't think about other countries.
Think about your own 160 millions starving people living on a sinking land while facing the uncontrollable population explosion.

Keep enjoy your so called ''Forces Goal 2030''. A Goal without goal, the most funniest force modernization programme in the world.

Keep your MRCA dream alive.

By the way, I really appreciate your highly skillful BAF pilots for destroying 3 Yak 130s in just 6 moths.
Tired of listening your cover up stories.(compensated blah blah. . . fly by wire blah blah. . . software error blah blah. . . ) there's no credible information from Russian side.

Last edited:
Read the post again. I am talking about 600 Myanmar military trainees in Russia.

Don't think about other countries.
Think about your own 160 millions starving people living on a sinking land while facing the uncontrollable population explosion.

Keep enjoy your so called ''Forces Goal 2030''. A Goal without goal, the most funniest force modernization programme in the world.

Keep your MRCA dream alive.

By the way, I really appreciate your highly skillful BAF pilots for destroying 3 Yak 130s in just 6 moths.
Tired of listening your cover up stories.(compensated blah blah. . . fly by wire blah blah. . . software error blah blah. . . ) there's no credible information from Russian side.

1. BD people starving?

BD has the strongest economy in the whole of S Asia with GDP growing more than 7% a year over the last 2 years and expected to do so again this year.
BD also has the highest life expectancy in S Asia bar Sri Lanka.

2. Forces Goal 2030 is a joke?

What part of the announcement from BD Navy that they will build 6 frigates by 2030 in BD did you miss?
These ships will be real frigates like the Chinese Type-054A, not jokes that you have with modified manpads for air-defence lol. Reports indicate that Type-054A has been rejected,maybe due to lack of capability.
While your scared military buys everything under the sun, BD has a planned modernisation that by 2030 will allow total military dominance over your farce of a state.

3. If our pilots are so bad then why are other planes not crashing? It is only the YAK-130 and so that should tell you something.

Myanmar is the North korea in south asia that's why.

Myanmar is the North korea in south asia that's why.
Both Myanmar and India are building the fence along the border with Bangladesh.
So in coming years Bangladesh will be completely surrounded by fences.
You should be proud of it.
The only country in the world that is going to be surrounded by fences.
Bangladeshis are unwated by all of her neighbours.
FB_IMG_1516794833028.jpg

FB_IMG_1516794343008.jpg

Photo: Myanmar-Bangladesh border fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom