What's new

Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014

Hey long time mate..........u visit here Occasionally i guess.....maybe once in every 4 years just like CWG :lol:

Remember we had similar thread for Olympics '12.

thinking of recycling it for 2016 :D
Nice to see you again mate. Last time we also on boxing. Hope this time luck will favour us. :D

The Englishman who'll take on Vijender tomorrow looks terrific as well....steamrolled his opponent in the semis.
yes I seen his bout... but unlike the Irishman in Vijender bout... His opponent... lacks techniques. .

But Devendro surely try to take revenge .. will not let go that easy..
Irish are to boxing what Canadians are to the wrestling. We need to break their dominance in that sport.
True.. Devendra looks awesome this time around. I was listening to local boxing experts here on TV. They reckon he would make a very good professional boxer, should he choose to go that way. Unfortunately Indian or for that matter any of the Asian boxers don't get opportunity to make Boxing as their career profession due lack of support or lack of investment in the boxer by the promoters. I wish someone like Frank Warren sees his fight & picks him!

yes I seen his bout... but unlike the Irishman in Vijender bout... His opponent... lacks techniques. .

I thought the Englishman had excellent technique as well....had a much more closed stance in comparison to Vijender, and a much powerful hook as a result.....evaded blows quite well too.

True.. Devendra looks awesome this time around. I was listening to local boxing experts here on TV. They reckon he would make a very good professional boxer, should he choose to go that way. Unfortunately Indian or for that matter any of the Asian boxers don't get opportunity to make Boxing as their career profession due lack of support or lack of investment in the boxer by the promoters. I wish someone like Frank Warren sees his fight & picks him!
Now they will get chance for sure .. but I'm worried about the decisions of judges.. it is still unclear to me how they are giving points..

Vijender boxed great, even though he was he hot favourite. Laishram did well against Donnelly, stuck and moved fast, aware of the power of the Irishman.

Does anyone else have the tendency to laugh and imagine in their minds the Sardar jee coach swearing in Punjabi, telling his boxers to break them?

sandhu300225.jpg

"Han Vajinder gal son, mar mar inho ********". :p:
Dat's desi coaches for you man :lol::lol:
I remember In Olympics during Yogehwer's bronze medal fight against NK wrestler his coach was more vocal. ghuma de ghuma de gair de saale ko .. had he rofl.

Devendro is in army, so let's hope they support him all the way. He looks really promising and doesn't seem to hesitate to take the fight to the opponent.

I thought the Englishman had excellent technique as well....had a much mor closed stance in comparison to Vijender, and a much powerful hook as a result.....evaded blows quite well too.
i watched his bout as well.. His opponent lacks of energy ... and techniques. . He committed suicidal moves repeatedly .. tried for blind shots.. I hope you seen how he was knocked down.. He unguarded his face...For 3 powerful punches he is been knocked down. .. I can say tuff fight .. but Vijender is favourite. .. unless he commit wrong moves and biased decisions by judges..

i watched his bout as well.. His opponent lacks of energy ... and techniques. . He committed suicidal moves repeatedly .. tried for blind shots.. I hope you seen how he was knocked down.. He unguarded his face...For 3 powerful punches he is been knocked down. .. I can say tuff fight .. but Vijender is favourite. .. unless he commit wrong moves and biased decisions by judges..
Let's hope for the best tomorrow. :cheers:

Now they will get chance for sure .. but I'm worried about the decisions of judges.. it is still unclear to me how they are giving points..
It's quite blatant.. be it boxing, wrestling or any other competition.,, Judges are quite biased towards home nation athletes (England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland) & a bit of soft corner for Canadians & Australians. Even local media & TV channels are providing air times to athletes from only these Countries.. & the events they are participating in!

Let's hope for the best tomorrow. :cheers:
have you seen Vijender quarter finals bout... He just unguarded his face let his opponent throw punches and then he attacked... now he changed his style in semi final. .. they will watch every move of his opponents lot times before they come into arena... Vijender got required power and he is energetic and he applies better techniques. . so it will be tuff call for English than Vijender. .

It's quite blatant.. be it boxing, wrestling or any other competition.,, Judges are quite biased towards home nation athletes (England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland) & a bit of soft corner for Canadians & Australians. Even local media & TV channels are providing air times to athletes from these Countries.. & the events they are participating in!
not quite a lot... they committed plenty biased acts even in squash today..

pakistan is fighting a war, but 1.2 billion people living in peace and not winning more than scotland, newzealand is surprising

I wish Pakistan may come out of of state of war and progress. best wishes.

sorry its 160 million not 180 million
Are bhai Jitna kam karna hai ek bar main karona. Bechara kitni bar division karaega.

Last edited:
I slept off last night, but managed to watch the fights just before they got taken down from the website.

Devendro Singh, The way he moves and the power of his fists is seriously awesome, I loved the way he dodged and countered, was so good to watch. His finals is against the guy he lost to in in the olympics, but I think Devo has improved since then, and will want revenge!

Devi again was very nice, her opponent kept hugging here every 5 seconds :lol:, I thought the match be stopped by the referee or a ko might happen, but she managed to stay alive to the end.
Should be a fun finals, it seems the Aussie person is equally brutal.

The way things were going in the Jangra match I thought it end up like a replay of the Pinki match, but luckily he made it through, (I feel Pinki shouldve aswell.)

Vijendar singh, just played better and won!

I am still apprehensive due to the nature of the game (judging etc) but Lets hope for the best!

Also some gold medals in the badminton courts and TT would be nice!

Back
Top Bottom