What's new

Commonwealth Games Glasgow 2014

We were crazy not to send anyone for squash. As for hockey, it's just pathetic full stop i.e. the infighting going on.

Indian hockey was in worst position an year back I tell ya...there were two organisations instead of 1 and it got banned from IHF. In fact entire IOA was banned by Intl Olympic Organisation few months back. Politics ruins sports in our part of the world.

A Pakistani friend of mine told me M Asif who is world snooker champ is yet to receive the money Pak govt promised him to give two years back. To this I replied him about a tweet by ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal who was promised 50 lakhs by AP govt when she won Bronze in London olympics but still didn't get it. Sare same hai saale...same DNA ke jo thehre :disagree:

We were crazy not to send anyone for squash. As for hockey, it's just pathetic full stop i.e. the infighting going on.
For hockey:
Pakistan hockey players to miss Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games - insidethegames.biz - Olympic, Paralympic and Commonwealth Games News

For squash:
Jamshed Gul rues absence at Commonwealth Games – The Express Tribune

KARACHI: Pakistan's squash players are gutted that they will miss out on participation at the Commonwealth Games as they feel they had chances of winning medals at the event to be held in Glasgow, Scotland. "It's a pity that Pakistani players will not be able to participate in the Commonwealth Games," one of the national players told The Express Tribune. "We'd been training very hard for all the major upcoming events, and the competitions in Glasgow were on our agenda too. However, once again the athletes have suffered due to the power struggle in parallel Olympic associations of Pakistan."
Pakistan squash suffers big blow - | Veooz 360

Indian hockey was in worst position an year back I tell ya...there were two organisations instead of 1 and it got banned from IHF. In fact entire IOA was banned by Intl Olympic Organisation few months back. Politics ruins sports in our part of the world.

A Pakistani friend of mine told me M Asif who is world snooker champ is yet to receive the money Pak govt promised him to give two years back. To this I replied him about a tweet by ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal who was promised 50 lakhs by AP govt when she won Bronze in London olympics but still didn't get it. Sare same hai saale...same DNA ke jo thehre :disagree:

Yes I know politics has been the bane of sport in our part of the world. But India has learnt fast and progressed in sports where the red tape is little, and with a little bit of investment, and the athlete's sheer will they can bring medals home e.g. Wrestling, Boxing, weightlifting and shooting.

Lol@DNA comment, so true.

By the way have you seen any of the inter-punjab hockey games when things go wrong? Lol, it's a mass stick fight, with blows to the legs and back.

If you guys have fast internet, the BBC is streaming everything.

Sangwan lost...da fuq is going on in boxing ? First MK and now Sangwan

It happens man. The new rules have shaken a few folks. Although I'm not sure that is the only reason.

Vajinder is still there.

It happens man. The new rules have shaken a few folks. Although I'm not sure that is the only reason.

Vajinder is still there.

The ones I named were PRIME contenders for Gold...they were defending champs. The guy who earlier lost today Manoj Kumar was the brighest hope of Gold not just in boxing but across all categories. Huge shocker this has been...the Bhivani clan ain't that strong anymore. Lets see what Vijender do.

The ones I named were PRIME contenders for Gold...they were defending champs. The guy who earlier lost today Manoj Kumar was the brighest hope of Gold not just in boxing but across all categories. Huge shocker this has been...the Bhivani clan ain't that strong anymore. Lets see what Vijender do.

You'd be surprised, even among experienced amateur the rules have led to decline in performance. The old saying regarding boxing is that the pro game is a whole new world. Now with the rules reminiscing the pro game it has had an impact. For example the constant clashing of heads has caused bad cuts and it really hurts. That in turn throws you off your rhythm and makes you think twice before going in.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom